NATO/TFD/GUN/LSF/ADI/LSN Surrender

Monster

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='20 February 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1266665443' post='2193497']
To a very good war, I salute our opponents, praise and thank our allies, and say o/ peace.

The reps for FoB are more than reasonable, and should help them get back on their feet. We may have surrendered, but we put up a good fight and would have continued to do so, as would have our opponents. But the question came down to why? We had no stirring hatred on our side, and many were questioning the need of the war from the start (and before). So peace is good, the blood brothers will help FoB out now and GOONS gets some money for piling on our low to mid sized nations and shouting victory while we were already deeply entrenched in war. But that's what we get for attacking FoB in the first place, we went on the pre-defensive offensive along with our allies and met too much resistance. Reps are fine in this case as it does come with the recognition on our part of aggressive hostile acts. Not sure why TFD is paying reps on our behalf but I'm sure we'll be doing our part helping with those.
[/quote]
This is the only worthwhile post I've read this morning.

While hopefully not on the battlefield, I do hope to run into you guys again.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1266670926' post='2193540']
No, it's just that the consensus seems to be that it's ever so much more than you deserve...which consensus seems to be is nothing.
[/quote]

Claiming the consensus based on the people with enough diaper rash to cry in this thread is a bit like polling the people in your church and determining that atheists don't exist.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 February 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1266678618' post='2193608']
Claiming the consensus based on the people with enough diaper rash to cry in this thread is a bit like polling the people in your church and determining that atheists don't exist.
[/quote]

Nice way of insulting a lot of people on "your" side of the conflict as well. Classy...

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 February 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1266678618' post='2193608']
[/quote]

Ever notice lottery winners (whether it is in the Haleenstar Republic or probably in your nation) never utter the phrase, "I don't deserve this money" and become very defensive when someone implies they don't?

[quote name='Crazy Carrot' date='20 February 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1266679617' post='2193621']
Nice way of insulting a lot of people on "your" side of the conflict as well. Classy...
[/quote]

There was a reason they had trouble keeping friends on the Moon...a very good reason.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Crazy Carrot' date='20 February 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1266679617' post='2193621']
[/quote]

Shouldn't he be complimented for not excusing the foolishness of those on the winning side and being fair in his arguments :x

Far less classy is filling a thread with posts questioning the decisions of, if not outright condemning people on "your" side if we're going to get into that. You should be congratulating them on a victory, not whining because someone in another alliance has to pay a small amount of money (a term they agreed to and have not complained about at all might I add).

Edited by Kortal

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='20 February 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1266662234' post='2193484']
Well done guys.

Mad respect for WAPA for holding out as long they did, truly a quality alliance. Now let us finish off TPF :ph34r:
[/quote]
Hold out? They are on the side that has 2x as much.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='Scorponok' date='20 February 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1266659363' post='2193448']
Wow, good show!

Such good people aren't you all. And all they did was defend their allies.
[/quote]
Yeah, they certainly did. They defended their ally while said ally waged an aggressive war against our friends. Get off the grass, mate.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Kortal' date='20 February 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1266680148' post='2193629']
Shouldn't he be complimented for not excusing the foolishness of those on the winning side and being fair in his arguments :x

Far less classy is filling a thread with posts questioning the decisions of, if not outright condemning people on "your" side if we're going to get into that. You should be congratulating them on a victory, not whining because someone in another alliance has to pay a small amount of money (a term they agreed to and have not complained about at all might I add).
[/quote]

True, they agreed to pay and as far a reparations go I've seen much worse, but traditionally the allies left behind to fight do the complaining while those who surrendered go sulk in the corner, glad to be out of their predicament and hoping the sound of gun fire will stop ringing in their ears. Smart alliances in such a position issue gag orders on their membership or admonishment them to keep comments muted for fear that there will be renewed attacks.

What makes this situation a bit different is that so many people, some on the same side of the war are questioning what GOONS did to deserve reparations. I think it a fair question. If you do not, then so be it.

[quote name='Kortal' date='20 February 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1266680148' post='2193629']

[/quote]

"Diaper rash"? "Whining"? How is that any better than respectfully stating one's disapproval, as my friends in FOK! have done? Would it be so difficult to respectfully disagree with us?

You state that questioning a decision of an ally in public is bad form. You are probably right. But it certainly isn't worse than some of the language used against those that have voiced their dismay with that decision. I would say quite the opposite. We both disagree with actions from people from "our" side, but some do it with respect and for others that respect is thrown out the window.

Having said that, this thread is not the time or place to have this discussion, so I will leave it at that.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1266680708' post='2193643']
True, they agreed to pay and as far a reparations go I've seen much worse, but traditionally the allies left behind to fight do the complaining while those who surrendered go sulk in the corner, glad to be out of their predicament and hoping the sound of gun fire will stop ringing in their ears. Smart alliances in such a position issue gag orders on their membership or admonishment them to keep comments muted for fear that there will be renewed attacks.

What makes this situation a bit different is that so many people, some on the same side of the war are questioning what GOONS did to deserve reparations. I think it a fair question. If you do not, then so be it.
[/quote]
So you're just following tradition by complaining about terms agreed to by other alliances, admittedly extremely light terms? Well if you have nothing better to do I suppose...

This situation is no different. We have a few people adamantly opposed to reps in general, for some reason or other. That's not an entirely unfounded belief now and one I've occasionally supported myself. HOWEVER, as an alliance that other alliances are surrendering to, GOONS has every right to request anything they want from said alliances. They don't have to agree to these terms of course, what they need to determine is what they're willing to pay for GOONS and others to stop attacking them, which they did.

You think it makes your own claims more legitimate because some people on the same "side" agree. I assure you it does not, it just makes those people look pathetic for complaining in this thread with all the other uninvolved riffraff rather than taking their concerns privately to GOONS.

Again, congratulate the victors on their gains or say nothing, acting the fool along with the other members of the peanut gallery is a disservice to your alliance. (This to people like RIA and FOK that is)

Edited by Kortal

[/quote]

just pointing out the existence of selection bias in using this thread as an example of "consensus". The only people who will be posting here about the reparations (outside of those getting or giving them) will be those who have strong feelings about the existence of reparations at all. As people are unlikely to have strong positive feelings about reparations they themselves aren't getting, this leaves us with only those who saw the thread and were outraged enough by the issue of reparations to bother to post in it.

Hwence it is utterly bloody ludicrous to use a thread like this as an example of consensus in anything at all.

[quote name='D34th' date='20 February 2010 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1266650045' post='2193300']
After see alliances like GOONS and FoB receiving reparations in a war who started because of raid I have to admit, we failed hard and hope for a better cyberverse is no more.

:facepalm:
[/quote]

Nonsense, I mean the likes of NATO/TFD fought on your side and your protectors went against your side to attack TFD/NATO. Then had reps extracted from them when they fought for what you guys fought against which was respect and ending the use of unfair tech raiding. Now we have disprespect and likely an increase of tech raiding after this war. You don't want \m/ to tech raid yet let your friends in GOONS extract large reps and tech raid?

I will take up tech raiding within Carthage to help rebuild. Call it the AlmightyGrub doctrine and follow NEW's lead. Don't hope for a better CN, you guys got straight up played. Injustice breeds injustice and my tiny brain is too small to comprehend any thought of being the "better" person.

So if you'll excuse me, I got my eyes set on a 'None' nation, and peace will be sent with that raid.

Edit: Glad TFD is out. We don't know how much we can help out in terms of aid but if you need it we'll try our best to get it out to you.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='GearHead' date='20 February 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1266662850' post='2193491']
Reps to GOONS, however, are a different story. They declared on NATO through chaining. [b]Extortion is the word that comes to mind.[/b] But, that's another argument, and it's beside this thread anyways, since the agreement was already made in the interest of peace.
[/quote]
That is the word that comes to my mind as well......

Cutting through most of the BS in this thread, I'd like to congratulate my opponents in FoB and Umbrella for a hard fought war and a job well done. Umbrella, I really admire your organization. You are the toughest fighters on the block, as far as I'm concerned, and it was an honor to fight you. FoB, you are a resilient bunch. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and wish there to be no ill feelings between us after this war.

To any doubters of TFDs honor, know that we would go to hell and back for our brothers in NATO. They would do the same for us. We are not an opportunistic alliance. We fight for our allies no matter the odds. If you can't accept that and feel the need to denounce us, well I am sorry. I wish you would change your mind about TFD.

I really do not mind paying reparations to FoB. They went through a lot in this war, and they're an honorable alliance. Honestly, I was expecting their allies to counter TFD a lot sooner than they did, and was surprised when no DoW came for many days. I consider the reparations to be a way to mend the relations between us, and hope that no hard feelings persist.

Much love to my blood brothers in NATO, and o/ TFD.

To the other alliances involved, I didn't fight you directly, but o/ peace.

Edited by Illius Vander

it's quite interesting to have ChairmanHal, a member of Valhalla, being so militant on the subject of reparations. Or maybe they've forgotten the reps they got in War Of The Coalition, or how they helped force the disbandment of Golden Sabres because of [i]who they voted for[/i]. Still, I guess there's no zealot like the "reformed" sinner.

Edited by Lamuella

Hey all of you stop being so cruel with GOONs they need money so they can send tech back to umbrella, they are playing FarmVille and cybernations in one game !!! double fun this way Umbrella is the farmer GOONs are the cows , as a member of a real zoophilic organization i think we all have to contribute to their efforts !!!

[quote name='Analyzer' date='21 February 2010 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1266683303' post='2193707']
Hey all of you stop being so cruel with GOONs they need money so they can send tech back to umbrella, they are playing FarmVille and cybernations in one game !!! double fun this way Umbrella is the farmer GOONs are the cows , as a member of a real zoophilic organization i think we all have to contribute to their efforts !!!
[/quote]
Comedian, eh? Keep it up, champ ;)

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 February 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1266682474' post='2193681']
it's quite interesting to have ChairmanHal, a member of Valhalla, being so militant on the subject of reparations. Or maybe they've forgotten the reps they got in War Of The Coalition, or how they helped force the disbandment of Golden Sabres because of [i]who they voted for[/i]. Still, I guess there's no zealot like the "reformed" sinner.
[/quote]
Chairman Hal was in Ragnarok then.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='19 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1266644356' post='2193059']
NATO and TFD declared on FoB using an Optional Aggression clause.
[/quote]

And? Some of the alliances on your side declared based on no treaty at all. At least NATO had an MD[b]oA[/b]P with IRON and TFD had an MD[b]oA[/b]P with NATO.

[quote name='Shinpah' date='19 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1266644365' post='2193060']
Getting the !@#$ kicked out of us, I suppose [img]http://cnfob.forumotion.net/users/1111/13/78/29/smiles/575690.png[/img]
[/quote]

I'd think that having most of your government desert to Poison Clan and your allies refuse to allow your disbandment would have been more destructive.

We had the desertion thing happen to us in Zenith during the Karma war. I know how much that hurts and I do wish you good luck in recovering.

Edited by Duncan King