NATO/TFD/GUN/LSF/ADI/LSN Surrender

Monster

[quote name='Kortal' date='19 February 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1266646605' post='2193159']
If you're prone to moral outrage at the very idea of reparations, despite the alliances actually paying them being ok with them, don't go on the OWF.
[/quote]

What? So he can't speak his mind now? Okay, glad we got that one out of the way.

GOONS, enjoy your blood money.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='19 February 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1266644046' post='2193041']
No no no, you've got it all wrong. That's 500m from each member of those alliances. How are we supposed to be evil if we don't do evil terms?
[/quote]

That still wouldn't cover the damage TFD and NATO inflicted.

Also I doubt we would of even thought about considering accepting those kinda terms. Well atleast I wouldn't. I (on a personal level) barely went with the terms that were presented.

[quote name='Kortal' date='20 February 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1266646605' post='2193159']
While involved in the initial raid, GOONS wasn't in any way shape or form a reason for this war starting, especially considering even Grub stated he had no problem with them.

As to your issue with reparations, they're a part of CN and these are extremely light ones. If you don't want to pay reparations, don't enter a war.

If you're prone to moral outrage at the very idea of reparations, despite the alliances actually paying them being ok with them, don't go on the OWF.

This is not difficult
[/quote]

I have no problems with reps which are justified. I hope that C&G get what they deserve (which is alot) when terms come out, however I don't think that it applies here.

[quote name='Shinpah' date='20 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1266644365' post='2193060']
Getting the !@#$ kicked out of us, I suppose [img]http://cnfob.forumotion.net/users/1111/13/78/29/smiles/575690.png[/img]
[/quote]

Oh...guess a lot of people need to give reps to GGA then. And TOOL. And Legion... A lot of reps. Or do you get reps because our side won?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='20 February 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1266647112' post='2193183']
What? So he can't speak his mind now? Okay, glad we got that one out of the way.

[/quote]
You are one of those people. I would suggest you take my advice.

[quote name='bolivar' date='20 February 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1266646820' post='2193169']
repeat, nobody in LSF were talking about surrender
[/quote]
Well I suppose we could go back to being at war again, if you lot would like to retract your surrender? I must admit, I'd very much like for that to happen :)

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='19 February 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1266647112' post='2193183']

[/quote]
Thank you! It is my absolute favourite kind of money.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' date='20 February 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1266647142' post='2193186']
I have no problems with reps which are justified. I hope that C&G get what they deserve (which is alot) when terms come out, however I don't think that it applies here.
[/quote]
Well I guess they feel otherwise :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='20 February 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1266647112' post='2193183']

[/quote]
The only fail surrender term will be a permanent alliance-wide gag order. We're just that evil.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1266647184' post='2193188']
Oh...guess a lot of people need to give reps to GGA then. And TOOL. And Legion... A lot of reps. Or do you get reps because our side won?
[/quote]

If Legion/GGA/TOOL wants to ask for reps in their surrender terms, they may do so; and it would be up to those fighting them to accept. I can't make judgement on those alliances however...

I just feel lucky enough that NATO and TFD were willing to accept the number I gave them so readily, and I am thankful that they've been so cooperative in this whole ordeal

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1266647104' post='2193181']
oh, honoring optional treaties bad, gotcha. My bad.
[/quote]

Why? A large number of alliances entered this war on the SuperComplaints side using optional aggression. In fact, WAPA entered the war with an optional aggression clause.

Reps for FoB I can understand, they have took a terrible pounding and to be honest $500 million is a drop in the ocean for what they went through.

What I don't understand, is out of the other 16 alliances, why is GOONS wanting reps? Prestige? Because if that is the case there are many alliances in the list well before you.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 February 2010 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1266643767' post='2193018']
I salute ADI, LSF, LSN and NATO for their valiant efforts in this war. You were good opponents.
[/quote]

And the same to you, Lamuella. I got to know a couple of the guys I was at war with, good people. It was an honor fighting you guys. To our allies, it was an honor fighting alongside of you, and while we may not have achieved victory officially, the honor of fighting alongside a friend is always a victory in my heart. Good luck to all involved, good luck rebuilding, and enjoy peace.

[quote name='bolivar' date='19 February 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1266646820' post='2193169']
repeat, nobody in LSF were talking about surrender
[/quote]

You're going to have to take it up with Anarcho-Jesse then.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1266647184' post='2193188']
[/quote]
Could have something to do with the fact that FoB was declared on despite the fact that they had dome nothing.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='20 February 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1266647419' post='2193205']
Also LSF...you really should think hard about this.
[/quote]
Why should they? Activating MD clauses are such a crime, as this war has proven.

Also, :v: at veiled threat to roll them if they don't change their ways.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='20 February 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1266647656' post='2193218']
To stay away from the OWF because I don't like reps? Now why on Bob would I do that?
[/quote]
To be frank, I'd prefer it if you would avoid the boards as a personal favor for a wide variety of reasons.

And in the interest of accuracy, what I said was to stay away if one was morally outraged by the very idea of reps, not simply disliking them.

Finally, I think there's been a misunderstanding itt wrt LSF.

I believe the post that's been quoted was meant to imply that the LSF guy posting yesterday who was so vehemently opposed to paying reps was not saying LSF would never surrender, just that they wouldn't pay anything for the privilege.

Not that LSF does not wish to surrender here

TFD and NATO got off far too easy for what they did, what a load of horse !@#$. When you all get to calculating reps for TOP and IRON they better be proportional to that, or you can at least have the decency to admit you're only treating them differently because you're all too !@#$% to follow through equally.

[quote name='flak attack' date='20 February 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1266647856' post='2193225']
Could have something to do with the fact that FoB was declared on despite the fact that they had dome nothing.
[/quote]

So ask for reps from IRON and TOP, not the people that honored treaties to help a friend even when they made a mistake and were on the losing side of a major war.