NATO/TFD/GUN/LSF/ADI/LSN Surrender

Monster

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 February 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1266729506' post='2194604']
Yeah, because NATO, TFD, GUN, LSF, ADI and LSN have such a track record of horrifying oppression.

Oh wait... no they don't. NATO did get GPA reps, but hey, so did FOK, and Umbrella fought in that war as well.
[/quote]

I believe NATO even waived those reps, but I am not sure.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this bickering over little details is nice and all but I believe you should all be happy that NATO and their friends are peaced out and can start their rebuilding process. You know nothing you say here will change what has already been done.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='20 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1266729506' post='2194604']
Yeah, because NATO, TFD, GUN, LSF, ADI and LSN have such a track record of horrifying oppression.

Oh wait... no they don't. NATO did get GPA reps, but hey, so did FOK, and Umbrella fought in that war as well.
[/quote]

We shouldn't have. I believe it was a huge mistake on the leadership's part at the time and Umbrella's greatest error. Terrible call by ochocinco.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='21 February 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1266730645' post='2194628']
We shouldn't have. I believe it was a huge mistake on the leadership's part at the time and Umbrella's greatest error. Terrible call by ochocinco.
[/quote]
Well, I'm not sure about your greatest error, but in general we agree.

The irony is NATO was one of the few alliances to actually have a good reason to attack GPA, over the LSF threats. However the war happened several months after that incident. Ah well.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='21 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1266731512' post='2194643']
Everybody already knows Umbrella's greatest error was signing the Opsmobile Accords.
[/quote]

I thought it was when they declared war on BoTS. :smug:

Don't shoot me. 'tis a joke. :D

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 February 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1266729506' post='2194604']

[/quote]

That statement is unfounded, and I demand an apology and formal retraction. GUN works very hard to maintain our status as a force of outright oppression and malice, and we will not tolerate any propaganda to the contrary.

Consider this your first and only warning. Slip up again and you'll be required to pay $1b and 100k tech as reps. Are we clear?

[quote name='zenergy' date='21 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1266740945' post='2194825']
That statement is unfounded, and I demand an apology and formal retraction. GUN works very hard to maintain our status as a force of outright oppression and malice, and we will not tolerate any propaganda to the contrary.

Consider this your first and only warning. Slip up again and you'll be required to pay $1b and 100k tech as reps. Are we clear?
[/quote]

Hey, GOONS has a monopoly on self villainizing and unreasonable reps in this thread. Don't make us demand reps from you too!

[quote name='Heft' date='20 February 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1266710884' post='2194273']
There are 373 wars involving the NSO. There are about 150 NSO nations.

So if your complaint is that we aren't fighting, then you're dumb, ignorant, or lying. If your complaint is we aren't leaving all of our nations constantly on the battlefield in a war that we've been constantly involved in for weeks and will continue to be involved in indefinitely, then you're just dumb.

Either way, you're not making sense.

For reference, CSN, despite having more nations overall (about 170) and more nations in war mode (132) only has 299 wars on its AA.

This is a really dumb argument and I would really hate to continue. I only post this to prevent people from taking you at your word and assuming you're correct.
[/quote]
My complaint is that you're hiding the largest NS nations. That has nothing to do with the fact that some of your nations are actually fighting. You're correct. Not all of you are cowards. It's really only your "fearless" leader and all of those nations who have hidden in peace mode for the entire war.

And let's not pretent they've just sat out for a round or two. 8 out of 10 of your largest nations haven't had a war in more than two weeks. Most of them haven't had a war the entire time. For the majority of the current hostilities, one full third of your NS has been hiding in these 8 nations. No fighting. Just cowering. While your allies take the hits they should be taking. While your allies fill the slots they should fill. NSO claims to stand by their allies, but their allies are in ruins because NSO is cowardly.

CSN wants more wars. There is no one nations left to declare on. If you think I don't have enough wars, please, please, please, declare on me. I beg of you, up our war count. I can't wait. We only have 299 wars LEFT. We just got all of our opponents to surrender. If only you were so successful... but then, you'd have to actually come out of peace mode to have our kind of success.

Edited by Jocabia

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1266729506' post='2194604']

[/quote]

... seriously, Haf?

....fine. We'll rehash this yet again. <_<

The periphery alliances (NATO, TFD, etc. etc.) are the ones who gave NPO the necessary muscle to remain the dominant power in CN and assured NPO could continue to stomp alliances.

[quote name='Jacobia']~sNiP~[/quote]

Can we get MK to break out that graphic from WWE with the "p-p-p-p-pwease attack"?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 February 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1266763076' post='2194996']
... seriously, Haf?

....fine. We'll rehash this yet again.

The periphery alliances (NATO, TFD, etc. etc.) are the ones who gave NPO the necessary muscle to remain the dominant power in CN and assured NPO could continue to stomp alliances.
[/quote]

I am sorry Penkala, but TFD had nothing to do with giving NPO any muscle in any circumstance. We fought Karma war because of NATO as much as we fought this war. For that reason, and that reason only. We never had anything but despise for the old hegemony and we were a victim of it as often (or in some cases even more) as anyone who fought in for the Karma side.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='21 February 2010 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1266763652' post='2195009']
I am sorry Penkala, but TFD had nothing to do with giving NPO any muscle in any circumstance. We fought Karma war because of NATO as much as we fought this war. For that reason, and that reason only. We never had anything but despise for the old hegemony and we were a victim of it as often (or in some cases even more) as anyone who fought in for the Karma side.
[/quote]

I honestly like you guys and your fighting prowess, but why did you join Agora if that was the case? It was a push by NPO for power on the Blue sphere. It is true you didn't have many connections to them, but you can't really claim total non-involvement with Heg. Echelon was part of One Vision, along with NPO and it was an ODP.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Jocabia' date='21 February 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1266752517' post='2194920']
My complaint is that you're hiding the largest NS nations. That has nothing to do with the fact that some of your nations are actually fighting. You're correct. Not all of you are cowards. It's really only your "fearless" leader and all of those nations who have hidden in peace mode for the entire war.

And let's not pretent they've just sat out for a round or two. 8 out of 10 of your largest nations haven't had a war in more than two weeks. Most of them haven't had a war the entire time. For the majority of the current hostilities, one full third of your NS has been hiding in these 8 nations. No fighting. Just cowering. While your allies take the hits they should be taking. While your allies fill the slots they should fill. NSO claims to stand by their allies, but their allies are in ruins because NSO is cowardly.

CSN wants more wars. There is no one nations left to declare on. If you think I don't have enough wars, please, please, please, declare on me. I beg of you, up our war count. I can't wait. We only have 299 wars LEFT. We just got all of our opponents to surrender. If only you were so successful... but then, you'd have to actually come out of peace mode to have our kind of success.
[/quote]

I remember fighting CSN, and I remember them doing the same thing. Clean the own doorstep first, please. :awesome:

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='21 February 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1266763920' post='2195014']
I honestly like you guys and your fighting prowess, but why did you join Agora if that was the case? It was a push by NPO for power on the Blue sphere. It is true you didn't have many connections to them, but you can't really claim total non-involvement with Heg. Echelon was part of One Vision, along with NPO and it was an ODP.
[/quote]

I didn't say we were completelly uninvolved, I said we had nothing to do with the muscle. Everyone was involved with Hegemony, some of them up until the last few days before Karma (such as FARK and RoK). While not for political reasons, we left Agora by then too.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='21 February 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1266765387' post='2195037']
I didn't say we were completelly uninvolved, I said we had nothing to do with the muscle. Everyone was involved with Hegemony, some of them up until the last few days before Karma (such as FARK and RoK). While not for political reasons, we left Agora by then too.
[/quote]

Although Agora was somewhat of a push for Pacifian control of the BLUE sphere, they already had it through Polaris & MCXA before that, when Polaris was defeated in the noCB war, then MCXA (the least connected to blue but strongest blue alliance) wasn't sufficient for NPO. Thus Agora was made. I personally hated the idea of NPO in Agora, I mean...like "wdf" why is a RED alliance in a BLUE economic bloc, it's one of those things that made me realize all the more that Pacifica greed for power was unwavering and would continue. The only sad part was that those at power at the time allowed NPO to be part of the bloc. I'd like to honestly hear your HONEST opinion on why you along with the other signatories involved allowed NPO to be part of a blue economic bloc ?

[quote name='KingEd' date='21 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1266767857' post='2195062']
Although Agora was somewhat of a push for Pacifian control of the BLUE sphere, they already had it through Polaris & MCXA before that, when Polaris was defeated in the noCB war, then MCXA (the least connected to blue but strongest blue alliance) wasn't sufficient for NPO. Thus Agora was made. I personally hated the idea of NPO in Agora, I mean...like "wdf" why is a RED alliance in a BLUE economic bloc, it's one of those things that made me realize all the more that Pacifica greed for power was unwavering and would continue. The only sad part was that those at power at the time allowed NPO to be part of the bloc. I'd like to honestly hear your HONEST opinion on why you along with the other signatories involved allowed NPO to be part of a blue economic bloc ?
[/quote]

I might be wrong, but at the time you were part of one of the signatories and while MCXA was in Agora and after TSO leaving you were High Council or even MoFA (I am not sure about the last one).

As for our position, feel free to query me at anytime, I will do my best to clear up your ideas about our position back then. You know the channel, you used to have hops in there :P

EDIT: You were actually MCXA Minister of Interior and later Co-Chancellor.

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 February 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1266741541' post='2194829']
Hey, GOONS has a monopoly on self villainizing and unreasonable reps in this thread. Don't make us demand reps from you too!
[/quote]

Nah, we'd never even dream of trying to compete with you guys on those particular terms. I'll tell you what - you stay out of my malice and I'll keep away from your self villanizing. Deal?

[quote name='Lusitan' date='21 February 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1266768596' post='2195072']
I might be wrong, but at the time you were part of one of the signatories and while MCXA was in Agora and after TSO leaving you were High Council or even MoFA (I am not sure about the last one).

As for our position, feel free to query me at anytime, I will do my best to clear up your ideas about our position back then. You know the channel, you used to have hops in there :P

EDIT: You were actually MCXA Minister of Interior and later Co-Chancellor.
[/quote]

Yes I was, but that was after the Accords were first signed. I meant the leaders that were in power and signed the original document (I think the Wiki has them). But yes I was all of those MoFA/MoI/MoD/Chancellor, you name it. But after MCXA started doing treaty reviews, Agora was one of those that we chose to resign from, but then the entire Accord was dissolved but it was posted about a month later.

[quote name='KingEd' date='21 February 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1266772032' post='2195118']
Yes I was, but that was after the Accords were first signed. I meant the leaders that were in power and signed the original document (I think the Wiki has them). But yes I was all of those MoFA/MoI/MoD/Chancellor, you name it. But after MCXA started doing treaty reviews, Agora was one of those that we chose to resign from, but then the entire Accord was dissolved but it was posted about a month later.
[/quote]

Well, we actually resigned from the Agora accords :P

Like I said, find me in a query.

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 February 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1266720532' post='2194440']
Not really. I mean, if we're just going to let them off with WP each time, they're just going to keep attacking us with the hope that they win. And we've seen what you and yours do with power.

(Time for a really bad metaphor :awesome:)

Say you're a cop and see someone rob a bank. You know this guy - he has been entering banks, taking money, and killing off the tellers for a couple months. You take him out of the store and let them go. Then you're surprised to see that next week, he's robbing a bank again!

Is the proper response,

a) Take the robber out of the store and let him go again
b) Arrest him and put him in jail for a while
[/quote]
Yea, so you didn't actually address any of what I said, you just repeated yourself and used a bad analogy to make the same exact (wrong) point.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish with the whole "you and yours" thing since I'm not one of the ones you seem to be concerned about. I guess you just can't resist conflating others and casting vague aspersions even in situations where they don't make any sense or have any relevance.

Edited by Heft

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='21 February 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1266764307' post='2195024']
I remember fighting CSN, and I remember them doing the same thing. Clean the own doorstep first, please. :awesome:
[/quote]

Back in the day when nobody but the largest nations had warchests, of course we tried to keep a few bankers in peace mode. We have always had a policy of allowing people to go to peace mode in order to reload, but I do not believe we have ever gone to peace mode in mass numbers. Looking at some charts compiled by Bilrow back then confirms this.

That said, making fun of NSO for using peace mode is silly.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Jocabia' date='21 February 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1266752517' post='2194920']

[/quote]

My my, you sure do have it hard for us don't you, boy?