An announcement from ADI

[quote name='pezstar' date='14 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1266126483' post='2180352']
This is especially rich coming from you, who has sat in peace mode since the war started, claiming to be too busy to spend the five minutes a day necessary to fight a war, but still manages to find plenty of time to spend on the forums and IRC.
[/quote]
Check my nation.

(Also I actually was offline from Monday until this morning.)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jimbacher' date='14 February 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1266128989' post='2180457']
\m/ makes me gag a lot....so I guess its cool then right?
[/quote]

Its just the gag reflex, people tell me it goes away with time and practice.

Also, WAPA, you are lucky sods.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='14 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1266129547' post='2180479']
Check my nation.

(Also I actually was offline from Monday until this morning.)
[/quote]

No you weren't. You have multiple forum posts from between monday and this morning. Also, you were most definitely in peace mode when I wrote that.

[quote name='NoFish' date='14 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1266134152' post='2180580']
Does anyone else see the irony here?
[/quote]

Only if it pertains to who actually joined the aggressive side of this war, otherwise no I am pretty much clueless.

Firstly, I'd like to thank ADI for the time spent in association with us, and to wish them the best of luck in the future.

Secondly, I'd like to address an issue raised by some of the third parties who have seen fit to comment here;

[quote name='GearHead' date='14 February 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1266125428' post='2180305']
If this quote is accurate, I am in shock. Seriously WAPA? Don't you know what treaties are for?
[/quote]

Yes, it is accurate.

It was taken from a private channel, and should *not* have been posted on OWF. Here it is in context, with the other member's name hidden. Unlike some others I am still willing to accept the implicit rule that private discussions stay private;
[quote]19:50 Dumarest So the difference between us
19:50 Dumarest is that we see the big picture
19:50 Anon1 there was no bigger picture here
19:51 Dumarest supporting the TOP side would have been unthinkable for us
19:51 Dumarest regardless of treaties
19:51 Anon1 there were friends of ours
19:51 Anon1 who took a decision, good or bad, right or wrong
19:51 Anon1 and who need help
19:51 Anon1 treaties are our word
19:51 Anon1 our commitment
19:51 Dumarest we got a lot of stick for our position
19:51 Anon1 our honour
19:52 Anon1 we would not accept breaking a treaty the same way you don't accept surrendering at the moment :)[/quote]

So, you see it. A frank and friendly exchange of views about why two alliances found themselves at war. WAPA saw the big picture. The other alliance prefers to ignore it and concentrate on the petty details of individual treaties. This is something that our detractors have urged that we ourselves should have done. If we had done that then we would have been on[i][b] the wrong side.[/b][/i].

We didn't randomly pick a side.

This is a war between good and evil; between right and wrong.

Look at the reason given by TOP and IRON when they started it;
[quote]our desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to us is high on their agenda---and that, indeed, they would take advantage of any advantageous opportunity to do so. This is a war they have brought upon themselves.[/quote]

Look at the reason given by NATO and TFD when they joined it;
[quote]For far too long have we have stood silent, have we held ourselves still in the front of great injustices, have we seen our enemies grow in number and force and have we cursed their names as they war with our allies. No longer! The harmonic voices - not the vile, loathsome sounds of their song - will raise and clean the oceans of oppression and tyranny. No longer we will be be subjected to the presence of this evil-kind! Tonight we rise, together as brothers, to stop those who desire us harm!
[/quote]

In both cases, there was no concrete excuse for going to war other than "we don't like you". NATO and TFD were using optional aggression clauses in treaties with IRON, whereas TOP and IRON were taking advantage of the NpO-\m/ war to pre-emptively strike against the CnG block for no other reason than that they saw them as a threat. They were abusing the power they had as two of the largest alliances in the game.

Waking up and logging in to find your alliance being rolled for no good reason is something that is familiar to long term WAPA members. It has happened to us at least twice. Given our alliance's history, it was unthinkable for us to take the side of the oppressor in this war. If the behaviour of TOP and IRON, and NATO and TFD, was to be successful, to become the new norm, then who would be next?

Simply put; if we did not take a stand against this, then we ourselves would never be safe again.

EDIT Reason: Typo

Edited by Earl Dumarest

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='14 February 2010 - 03:10 AM' timestamp='1266138635' post='2180641']
Waking up and logging in to find your alliance being rolled for no good reason is something that is familiar to long term WAPA members. It has happened to us at least twice. Given our alliance's history, it was unthinkable for us to take the side of the oppressor in this war.
[/quote]

What I find ironic about this is that Mushroom Kingdom is the alliance that rolled you (for no good reason?), twice. Now you are fighting at their side.

Oh, and the larger picture you are so fond of mentioning, is a belief that you picked the winning side of this conflict. It has nothing to do with good or evil.

Nice try.

Well, Dumarest. I'll be short and sweet.

- The pre-emptive attack was part of the Polar War. You should have read what Grub posted. It all made sense.
- Good and evil here - you've got it all mixed up. The alliances going off and doing their own thing while expecting no consequences are not TOP and IRON, they are some of the alliances you fight alongside.
- If there were a supposed Hegemony that you are fighting against, classifying TFD as part of it is actually funny.

[quote name='Reign of HavoK' date='14 February 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1266143955' post='2180669']
Congratulations WAPA. I have to laugh at the irony here... ADI complaining about someone saying something and then doing something else? Well, I don't think you are missing much with this one.

o/ WAPA
[/quote]

I would have to agree with this. Best wishes to WAPA in this whole affair. Also, a good jolly old Hello to ADI. I hear your time is coming. :P

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' date='14 February 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1266138635' post='2180641']

This is a war between good and evil; between right and wrong.

Look at the reason given by TOP and IRON when they started it;

Look at the reason given by NATO and TFD when they joined it;

In both cases, there was no concrete excuse for going to war other than "we don't like you". NATO and TFD were using optional aggression clauses in treaties with IRON, whereas TOP and IRON were taking advantage of the NpO-\m/ war to pre-emptively strike against the CnG block for no other reason than that they saw them as a threat. They were abusing the power they had as two of the largest alliances in the game.

Waking up and logging in to find your alliance being rolled for no good reason is something that is familiar to long term WAPA members. It has happened to us at least twice. Given our alliance's history, it was unthinkable for us to take the side of the oppressor in this war. If the behaviour of TOP and IRON, and NATO and TFD, was to be successful, to become the new norm, then who would be next?

Simply put; if we did take a stand against this, then we ourselves would never be safe again.
[/quote]

NATO and TFD's behaviour isn't normative at all. We are not Karma, we don't claim to fight for good or against evil, we fight for our allies. Honestly this is all that matters for us and we didn't enter the war because we "didn't like them". First step in this war was to recognize that we were part of a bigger scheme in which our position was determined by the treaties we chosed to sign. Second step was to determine how we could defend our allies the most effectively, hence the DoWs through oA.

[quote name='GearHead' date='13 February 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1266125428' post='2180305']
If this quote is accurate, I am in shock. Seriously WAPA? Don't you know what treaties are for?
[/quote]

i wonder if you were one of those that were hailing NEW when they pulled the same stunt but with a MADP i believe. (maybe an MDoAP but i heard MADP flung around a lot.)