An announcement from ADI

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='14 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1266126103' post='2180336']
Yeah, ADI has not fought for her allies in this war at all. That makes sense. /end sarcasm
[/quote]

It was a big shock to us too, you fighting for your allies is something NO ONE is used to.

Congratulations WAPA

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I don't usually get involved in this stuff, nor do I debate with people over the OWF because I find almost every poster to be well, horrible and immature when it comes to debating. However, I seriously need to place my opinion in here.

So, this post was concerning the cancellation of a "Friendship" treaty. This treaty wasn't exactly crucial to the rise and fall of Planet Bob, and yet, everyone who signed up for our "Frequent Troller Program" comes in crying about how we wouldn't have supported WAPA anyway. Here's a thought people: read the treaty, and notice how there is no "Mandatory Defense" aspect to it. It's an ODP, which is basically a PIAT with a nicer name (after all, couldn't we optionally defend anyone on Planet Bob?).

Continuing on, this cancellation is much like any other cancellation. Our two alliances have parted ways, and it always sucks to lose a friend, but it happens. Reading this thread has been like reading a blog about Brad and Angelina breaking up, some folks don't approve, some folks do approve, some folks don't care, and hell, some folks are extra upset and even throw a future DoW in there. Seriously, after some time, it really does get old.

Now, as for those who are claiming that we don't support our allies...I'm sorry, but you may find yourself a teensy bit wrong. Sure, we didn't support RoK, and I definitely understand where they are coming from and all, but seriously, "Optional" means we have an option (please don't argue this with me, we've all ready heard it before). Now, in this war, ADI successfully defended FEAR as per our MDoAP...so to the people wondering whether or not we honor our treaties, yes, we do. Also, I heard someone suggesting that we did not fight this war well, once again, sorry to prove you wrong. Seeing as this was ADI's first real war, I'd have to say we did remarkably well.

Now, in defense of myself, I'm not some "ADI all day rah rah" type guy. I look at things the way they are, and I give you guys my view of the whole thing as impartially as I can be. But this whole "Let's bash ADI rah rah" thing is really starting to get old. Like I said, I don't usually like to post on the OWF, cause it's basically a giant waste of time. But anywho, the name is Lord Tri, and I'm out. Deuces.

I don't like ADI. They definitely made a huge mistake in the past and will pay for it soon. As for bashing ADI, sorry Lord Tri but the OWF is a place to share opinions and I'm afraid not everyone regards ADI as a good alliance. So if you get tired of bashing, stop reading the forums. Given the history of ADI, it will not live down what they did to RoK anytime soon and the bashing is just something that goes along with that mistake.

[quote name='mgregory' date='15 February 2010 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1266217304' post='2182526']
I don't like ADI. They definitely made a huge mistake in the past and will pay for it soon. As for bashing ADI, sorry Lord Tri but the OWF is a place to share opinions and I'm afraid not everyone regards ADI as a good alliance. So if you get tired of bashing, stop reading the forums. Given the history of ADI, it will not live down what they did to RoK anytime soon and the bashing is just something that goes along with that mistake.
[/quote]

By all means, bash away. I'm merely registering my opinion.

[quote name='Vespassianus' date='14 February 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1266154331' post='2180742']
Good move ADI.

I see that WAPA didn't defend their ally in this war, ADI defended. It's the thing that matters.
[/quote]
Sorta like when ADI didn't defend Rok in the TPF war, right?

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1266226837' post='2182665']
Sorta like when ADI didn't [s]defend[/s] enact the [b]optional[/b] aggression part of their treaty with Rok in the TPF war, right?
[/quote]

Fixed it for you. In case you didn't notice, RoK was never actually declared on during the TPF war. While you may choose to be upset with us for not joining RoK, they were never declared upon and as such, not in a position where they needed defending. Get the facts straight, and use the correct wording.

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='15 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1266216680' post='2182512']
Now, I don't usually get involved in this stuff, nor do I debate with people over the OWF because I find almost every poster to be well, horrible and immature when it comes to debating. However, I seriously need to place my opinion in here.

So, this post was concerning the cancellation of a "Friendship" treaty. This treaty wasn't exactly crucial to the rise and fall of Planet Bob, and yet, everyone who signed up for our "Frequent Troller Program" comes in crying about how we wouldn't have supported WAPA anyway. Here's a thought people: read the treaty, and notice how there is no "Mandatory Defense" aspect to it. It's an ODP, which is basically a PIAT with a nicer name (after all, couldn't we optionally defend anyone on Planet Bob?).

Continuing on, this cancellation is much like any other cancellation. Our two alliances have parted ways, and it always sucks to lose a friend, but it happens. Reading this thread has been like reading a blog about Brad and Angelina breaking up, some folks don't approve, some folks do approve, some folks don't care, and hell, some folks are extra upset and even throw a future DoW in there. Seriously, after some time, it really does get old.

Now, as for those who are claiming that we don't support our allies...I'm sorry, but you may find yourself a teensy bit wrong. Sure, we didn't support RoK, and I definitely understand where they are coming from and all, but seriously, "Optional" means we have an option (please don't argue this with me, we've all ready heard it before). Now, in this war, ADI successfully defended FEAR as per our MDoAP...so to the people wondering whether or not we honor our treaties, yes, we do. Also, I heard someone suggesting that we did not fight this war well, once again, sorry to prove you wrong. Seeing as this was ADI's first real war, I'd have to say we did remarkably well.

Now, in defense of myself, I'm not some "ADI all day rah rah" type guy. I look at things the way they are, and I give you guys my view of the whole thing as impartially as I can be. But this whole "Let's bash ADI rah rah" thing is really starting to get old. Like I said, I don't usually like to post on the OWF, cause it's basically a giant waste of time. But anywho, the name is Lord Tri, and I'm out. Deuces.
[/quote]

well it looks like ADI went out of their way to bash WAPA in the OP over something that ya'll obviously consider a minor unimportant treaty... so if you don't want to be bashed, then get your leader to not do the same to another alliance.

honestly, if ADI does not want to get bashed by certain alliances a change of leadership is most likely due or at the very least, get him to stop posting on the forums bashing other alliances. fairly certain WAPA went in to help one of their more important treaties, just like you stated ADI did. so if you don't want ADI to get bashed, stop acting as if ADI has done nothing against their allies (former allies that is) and stop having your leadership bash alliances. then you may find ADI not getting bashed as much.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='15 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1266253558' post='2183100']
well it looks like ADI went out of their way to bash WAPA in the OP over something that ya'll obviously consider a minor unimportant treaty... so if you don't want to be bashed, then get your leader to not do the same to another alliance.

honestly, if ADI does not want to get bashed by certain alliances a change of leadership is most likely due or at the very least, get him to stop posting on the forums bashing other alliances. fairly certain WAPA went in to help one of their more important treaties, just like you stated ADI did. so if you don't want ADI to get bashed, stop acting as if ADI has done nothing against their allies (former allies that is) and stop having your leadership bash alliances. then you may find ADI not getting bashed as much.
[/quote]

I don't really see the logic here. We stated that we had a disagreement, we did. We stated that there was a lack of communication going against the spirit of the ODP, there was. We also stated that we were disappointed in WAPA's decision-making, we are. We didn't go around saying that WAPA is an evil ally, or none of that. We wished them luck and have every intention of being friendly with them. I'm failing to notice the "bashing".

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='15 February 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1266249553' post='2183021']
Fixed it for you. In case you didn't notice, RoK was never actually declared on during the TPF war. While you may choose to be upset with us for not joining RoK, they were never declared upon and as such, not in a position where they needed defending. Get the facts straight, and use the correct wording.
[/quote]
Semantics. You told Rok you'd back them, went back on it, then !@#$%*ed to high hell when they canceled with you. WAPA told you they'd stay neutral, went back on it, then you canceled on them.

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1266261774' post='2183280']
Semantics. You told Rok you'd back them, went back on it, then !@#$%*ed to high hell when they canceled with you. WAPA told you they'd stay neutral, went back on it, then you canceled on them.
[/quote]
true story

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='14 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1266216680' post='2182512']
[/quote]

We never asked for you to join us in the aggression. We simply requested that if we were attacked, you would be there to come to our defense. Your leader gave us his word that we would be defended should be we countered, and then retracted that statement. He basically said that your alliance will not honor the [b]Mandatory[/b] defense clause of the treaty. As your protectors, we stuck our head out for you guys and even prepared to start the first Aqua on Aqua war, with a neutral alliance even, in your defense. Your leader threw it all away.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='14 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1266127511' post='2180396']
Thank God, I've always thought the world of WAPA. and them being treated to you always made me gag a little.
[/quote]
I must echo these sentiments. WAPA you couldnt have gotten rid of a worse alliance as an ally (this made sense in my head..not so much when i typed it)

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1266261774' post='2183280']
[/quote]
Actually, it had nothing to do with them saying they would be neutral and then backing out of that. They hit an ally of ours, after telling us they would be neutral, and they didn't even mention it to us beforehand. That was the lack of communication that led to our disagreement. It has more to do with who they entered the war with than it has to do with which side they entered on.

ADI never told RoK they would do one thing only to turn around and strike a RoK ally. ADI gave support based on a certain set of facts, and when the facts changed, our minds did. If RoK was attacked, we would have not had an option- we will uphold our treaties. However, it was RoK doing the attacking, which gave us a choice.

The two situations are completely different and to try and relate them to each other is simply foolish.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='15 February 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1266290676' post='2184191']
Actually, it had nothing to do with them saying they would be neutral and then backing out of that. They hit an ally of ours, after telling us they would be neutral, and they didn't even mention it to us beforehand. That was the lack of communication that led to our disagreement. It has more to do with who they entered the war with than it has to do with which side they entered on.

ADI never told RoK they would do one thing only to turn around and strike a RoK ally. ADI gave support based on a certain set of facts, and when the facts changed, our minds did. If RoK was attacked, we would have not had an option- we will uphold our treaties. However, it was RoK doing the attacking, which gave us a choice.

The two situations are completely different and to try and relate them to each other is simply foolish.
[/quote]
No, you only passed around faked versions logs from a conversation with their leader (the original of which was meant to be kept in private) and declared support for the other side. If they are completely different it is only as much as it makes WAPA look so much the better by the comparison.

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1266292156' post='2184311']
No, you only passed around [b]faked versions logs[/b] from a conversation with their leader (the original of which was meant to be kept in private) and [b]declared support for the other side[/b]. If they are completely different it is only as much as it makes WAPA look so much the better by the comparison.
[/quote]

The logs were not faked, but no one will ever prove that one way or another. Also, declaring neutrality is not declaring support for the other side. It is declaring support for neither side. I must admit- nice spin, but not good enough.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='16 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1266298185' post='2184790']
The logs were not faked, but no one will ever prove that one way or another. Also, declaring neutrality is not declaring support for the other side. It is declaring support for neither side. I must admit- nice spin, but not good enough.
[/quote]
My mistake. I misremembered your post as being support for the other side instead of neutrality. I don't think this difference negates my point about the situations being analogous, however.

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266298730' post='2184831']
My mistake. I misremembered your post as being support for the other side instead of neutrality. I don't think this difference negates my point about the situations being analogous, however.
[/quote]

[img]http://stein.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/~charlie/layman/BrownBrickWall_tileable.jpg[/img]

You'll have better success arguing with this then John Warbuck.

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='14 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1266127511' post='2180396']
Thank God, I've always thought the world of WAPA. and them being treated to you always made me gag a little.
[/quote]
You can gag on other things to. We all don't want to know what makes you gag. Run along now, you incompetent child.

Edited by Bluto