An announcement from ADI

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='19 February 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1266610448' post='2192357']
ADI handled this situation wrong by getting harassed the past two months? ADI is responsible for RoK's inability to move on, and their thirst for aqua bloodshed? That is rich. And I've already on countless occasions admitted that my initial handling of the situation was not good, but people have selective hearing and have chosen not to recognize that. The point is that two wrongs don't make a right, and that people in your position have no clue what the political terrain was like for ADI at the time that we made the choices we made. And you have no clue what factors influenced those decisions, because you were not there.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right Warbuck, I have no clue what it's like, not one bit. I'm selectively reading your stuff. Yep. :blink:

You must have missed my speech where I explained I know pretty easily what it's like for your two best allies to about to be at war with eachother. And where it happened between Rok and another alliance while I was on aqua being one of the leaders of my alliance.

Yep, that's rich.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='19 February 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1266591613' post='2192016']
Everyone uses Minister of xyz department when they don't know someone's charter, so don't get snippy with me, the fact I remembered you were FA is good.

[b]Because the moment you begin dumping logs it's your fault and the logs can never be trusted until confirmed by the other source.[/b] In this case they were not, you looked at fault, therefore you got the blame. And Again, I could care less what was said between both parties, my challenge to you which you've still failed to answer is to admit your wrong doings. I've repeated endless times now that ADI handled this situation wrong and that is a primary reason why ADI will be eternally at fault for it, but that should Warbuck come to the public eye and admit he made a mistake that at least he can try to repair the damage done.

PS: Masheen, Not everyone is on here enough to reply within minutes. Hefe likely wasn't paying attention during your claims against him. -_-
[/quote]

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. So when I stated earlier that this ordeal has come down a to a trust issue I was right. So maybe I believe Hoo is the liar, and that he is tampering with the logs. In that case, using Hefe's logic, he is now guilty of lying and tampering with the logs until proven innoncent. The whole "failure to admit to your wrong doings" is also not an intelligent argument. Let's say I killed a man, and people wanted me to admit to my wrong-doings. What if I killed that man in complete self defense? I would never admit to a wrong doing. There's always underlying clauses and information that can disprove a wrong doing. Regardless of YOUR belief that the logs may have been tampered with, at least we at ADI took the time to find and read the logs (unlike you). We'd be more than happy to see Hoo's logs as well as long as he shows us ALL of them, but STRANGELY ENOUGH he hasn't. Perhaps he hasn't finished editing them yet? Who knows, really? My whole point is that it doesn't even matter. You keep insisting Warbuck just admits he was wrong, and keep reminding everyone of how easy that would be. Well can I inisist something of you? Just drop the issue. It's REALLY EASY, all you have to do is NOTHING. Yep, that's it. You don't have to do anything, but for some reason you find that extremely difficult. Frankly, I really don't care what YOU think about how ADI handled the situation as I'm sure no one really does. I know for a fact you don't care what I think, judging by the way you've disregarded the points of my posts. It is important to know that YOU are the aggressor and I am simply defending. Because of untrustworthy logs, you don't know what happened for sure, nor do I, so like i KEEP SAYING...LET'S NOT PRETEND WE DO (maybe if you knew the whole story your wrong doing would prove to be false). You don't care though. You have it cemented in your mind that there is no way you can justify Warbuck's actions. You can't fathom the idea of being wrong. There's no reason in having an intelligent debate with you because you are so insistant(regardless if you realize it or not). I pity you. Now go ahead...drag me into another loop to the argument that will only inevitabley lead back to the EXACT thing that I've been trying to drill in your head this whole time.

EDIT [u]Here's a simple way of putting it[/u]
Your Argument: Warbuck is wrong so he should admit it.
My Argument: You don't know what happened so be quiet.

Edited by the masheen

I believe this thread has served its purpose. Simple fact of the matter is this: people on Planet Bob believe what they want to believe.

[b]To the Aqua Defense Initiative: I request that all members of every rank, cease all posting in this announcement.[/b] This is not an order, this is a request. Lonewolfe, RoK, and anyone else who has anti-ADI sentiments are incapable of admitting they are incorrect in this argument, no matter how many facts we throw at them. They are incapable of looking at the situation impartially. I have looked at the situation impartially, as my first loyalty is to my morals. I have looked at this whole scenario from every possible unbiased angle, and even called my superior to task in front of our entire alliance, only to find, that he is in the right here. He has admitted that the situation could have been handled better, and ADI has learned from this entire situation. We are not ignorant to the fact that ADI has made mistakes, we acknowledge them openly. As for the many accusations RoK has been making...well they simply do not add up. If anyone wishes to challenge me on this, then by all means, muster up to capability to look at this situation impartially, spend weeks trying to scope out every angle and viewpoint, and then let me ask you: Does VanHoo have a valid casus belli? Or is he just upset that a small alliance decided to stand against him and hurt his enormous ego?

Warbuck is right, you do have selective hearing. So if you want to even seem marginally intelligent, then do what I did, and I'll debate it with you then. Until then, your ignorance is making me sick. As for RoK, it'll be an honor fighting you on the battlefield. But do not underestimate us, we are not one's to give up easily.

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='19 February 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1266619894' post='2192553']
I believe this thread has served its purpose. Simple fact of the matter is this: people on Planet Bob believe what they want to believe.

[b]To the Aqua Defense Initiative: I request that all members of every rank, cease all posting in this announcement.[/b] This is not an order, this is a request.
[/quote]
Although it was sort of a necessity to allow ADI members who have been told in the past to just remain quiet here on the OWF to speak up in this thread, I too believe that this argument has once again, become a circular argument. I do think that the points that Lord Tri and the masheen have made are great points, and for that reason I wanted them to be heard. I know for a fact, that not all people are blindly biased. I can only hope that more people will try to look at this from both perspectives and investigate the situation in its entirety.

Whether that actually happens or not is to be discovered. But at the request of our Lord of Foreign Affairs, I am telling ADI members to please cease from responding to this thread. We've made our point and there is no use continuing this argument. Thanks.

[quote name='the masheen' date='19 February 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1266573179' post='2191817']
and this is where I stopped taking YOU seriously, hefe. I'm sorry, why did you stop talking all of a sudden? Did we break your concentration? [/quote]
OOC: I'm sorry, I was studying for my midterm. <_<

[quote]Please continue...you were saying something about how you "know" what happened.[/quote]

Yeah, I was.

[quote]Oh...oh you were finished?[/quote]
No I wasn't.

[quote]So until you stop oozing ignorance and assuming ignorance of others, you should educate yourself with said information and get back to us.[/quote] I have seen all the information. I even asked for the logs from Warbuck in hopes of seeing what it is that ADI sees... And frankly it didn't add up to vindication for Warbuck. ADI's handling of the situation went from bad to worse throughout in my opinion.

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='19 February 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1266619894' post='2192553']
But do not underestimate us, we are not one's to give up easily.
[/quote]

Yeah Tri, I think you guys gave up about 2 hours ago...

after an entire 2 days of fighting.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D