Tabloid Tribune #156 | NPO ICA

Sir Paul

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' date='14 February 2010 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1266158826' post='2180774']
[img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6910/firsttimeo.jpg[/img]

Haha! I love this! It's probably the most smug thing I've seen so far during this war. Friggin hilarious though.

o/ Whoever made that sig
o/ The Tabloid Tribune!
[/quote]

I wrote the slogans, and Darquel made that particular signature. I've added image credits to the OP.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella']Excellent as always, Sir Paul. The NPO is lucky to have you. [/quote]

Actually, it is I who is lucky to have the New Pacific Order.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='14 February 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1266112583' post='2180067']
Yes. No Cortath or Mary, no Imperial Announcement. It's also missing the Clerk's signature, so it's not an Imperial Report.

In all my quotes, I include a link so people can get the context. I also included the full quote (without your tawdry tl;dr. Check it out:

"The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, [b]asking for surrender[/b]. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will."

Trust me, you don't need my help to make Sparta look evil ;)
[/quote]

I was talking to Alterego.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='14 February 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1266180389' post='2181182']
yes.
[/quote]

Shouldn't you and Athens be at eternal war like the good ole days. Didn't sparta conquer the athenians at some point? See, you are ebil.

[quote name='Canik' date='14 February 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1266158826' post='2180774']Haha! I love this! It's probably the most smug thing I've seen so far during this war. [/quote]

We be the original "smuggers" up in here. True, bit timid last year and a half...even more, but if somebody still got it its Mr. Pacifica himself: Sir Paul :smug:

Great material worked by a great publication. This war is just a tragic comedy on its own, almost needs no help to be turned into a tabloid issue.

You news is always the best written of the publicly available news services on planet Bob.
(Whatever happened to the other alliances making public news reports, rather than just making announcements?)

In response to one point you made, I would like to elaborate on it a little further to what I would consider to be a fair way of looking at treaties and their ratification.

I would say that a signed but unratified treaty should be considered to be provisionally in force while the alliance does whatever it needs to do to ratify it.

And if the alliance does not ratify it then it should not be considered to be dishonouring the treaty, mealy a chance to reconsider and continue to negotiate (or aggressively negotiate) till a workable compromise agreement can be reached.

[quote name='jimbacher' date='15 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1266192021' post='2181542']
Shouldn't you and Athens be at eternal war like the good ole days. Didn't sparta conquer the athenians at some point? See, you are ebil.
[/quote]
We're techraiding Athens after this war actually. We wanna see if Polar will DoW us :v:

[quote name='Whitney' date='13 February 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1266101209' post='2179836']
I have a question about this. Perhaps I'm not understanding properly. Are you saying The Eric wrote that particular article in the Tribune here?
[/quote]
[quote name='Crymson' date='14 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1266142201' post='2180655']
Thanks, I think? I'm a bit confused as to in what context you've included my name up there.
[/quote]

SirPaul hasn't answered either of these questions, despite posting after both. I find it curious.

Entertaining read. Just two comments.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']

[size=8][b]New Pacific Order to Join TOP-C&G War[/b][/size]
[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/600/thegoodoledays.png[/img]
[i]A major hegemonic war without Pacifica? Insanity![/i]
[/quote]

Personally, if I were drawing that up, I would've had just everyone's arrows pointed. It's traditional..

[quote]
===GAMBLING TIME===
Sooner of VE sets GGA's [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79907&view=findpost&p=2155024]odds of survival[/url] at 12,873,587,417,623,479,873,918,734,878 to 1.

Being from an alliance that has disbanded in the past, I'm sure Sooner knows what he's talking about. Being a bit of a risk taker myself, I'm betting Sooner $1 that GGA will survive. Should they disband during their war with our eternal allies, MHA, I will arrange to have $1 sent to you. Should they not, please remit 10 billion to the G15 and the rest (12 octillion) to the New Pacific Order.

[/quote]
Well, war's over, and we're still here..

[quote name='Whitney' date='15 February 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1266213699' post='2182415']
SirPaul hasn't answered either of these questions, despite posting after both. I find it curious.
[/quote]

Those are the locations he's reporting from.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='14 February 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1266173031' post='2180992']
With great terms like that, I'd surrender to the NPO if I wasn't fighting another alliance at the moment. :P
[/quote]

You are not [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&view=findpost&p=2182138"]the only one apparently[/url]...

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1266116163' post='2180117']
Not exactly... [b]IF[/b] ODN became involved, [b]THEN[/b] GOONS would attack you. Sort of like the Karma war where you planned out who was going to attack which alliance when they became involved.
[/quote]

That's the best summation I've seen. I do have to say that we really thought we were going to be attacked anyway.

[quote name='Whitney' date='15 February 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1266213699' post='2182415']
[/quote]
Actually, he did, at least the first one. You'll notice an edit in the OP that might make it a bit clearer.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']
During the War of Retribution (also known as the Third Great War), the Orange Defense Network, which held Non-Aggression Pacts with the New Pacific Order, TOP, GGA, CIS & NpO, preemptively declared war upon GOONS. What prompted the attack was leaking of preliminary war plans drafted by the Initiative to use in the event the Orange Defense Network decided to become involved in the conflict. As the military planners for both the Karma and Hegemony side of the previous conflict found out, contingency planning and ensuring that enough national strength is held in reserve for potential new entrants is a legitimate and important part of Bloc Defense, and Mpol's post was, indeed, prudent planning since ODN did enter the war.[/quote]
I'm reading the rest, but i would like to clarify a mistake on your part Sir Paul.

The GOONS alliance was at war from the beginning of GW3. In fact, the leadership of GOONS had attacked my nation in LoSS days before the start of GW3, effectively activating any and all MDP and ODP treaties that LoSS held. LoSS was in negotiations to resolve the conflict when the NPO preemptively attacked GATO for one of its leaders expressing a wish to harm the NPO. While ODN may have specified other reasons for attacking GOONS, GOONS was already an involved party in the global conflict and ODN had no conflicting treaties preventing them from coming to defense of LoSS and AGEIS as a whole.

A much better example if you were looking for one is that LoSS did attack VE preemptively during GW3 for threats made against the black sphere following the leak of the OE information. LoSS did however have precedent, following in the footsteps of the illustrious NPO. And do not forget that VE was later wiped out by GOONS based on the exact same premise that LoSS used to enter the war against VE.

All in all, I'd say your position on this matter is quite possibly the most hypocritical statement I have seen in CN, and that is saying a great deal. I look forward to finishing this article as you present your arguments well, but I wanted to remind you that there still are people here who are part of the history you are trying to rewrite.