Tabloid Tribune #156 | NPO ICA

Sir Paul

[quote name='Alterego' date='13 February 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1266089979' post='2179554']
The whole post makes you look like you threw a temper tantrum because The Legion didnt do what you ordered them to do.

No fury like a spartan scorned, eh?

You've washed your hands of ever offering the Legion peace again. Now you will keep them in perpetual war because your ego was bruised.
[/quote]
you bolded the part that says it won't be perpetual war.

It's [i]right there[/i] and you're still trying to say we want them in perpetual war? Are you joking?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roadie' date='13 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1266092262' post='2179609']
Spartan diplomats: Throwing tantrums since [s]2010[/s][b]2008[/b].

It would have been one thing to say "The war will continue apace until you are willing to accept surrender terms."
[/quote]
you're welcome

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='13 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1266090024' post='2179557']
It's not like this is a tabloid-style publication. No sir, no hatchet jobs ever emanate from the Tabloid Tribu- oh wait, there's that word. Tabloid. Look it up.
[/quote]

Technically speaking a tabloid is actually a newspaper format that is approx 1/2 the size of a standard newspaper. The popularist definition came about due to the fact that most rumor and gossip type publications were sent in this format due to their inherent cheapness to produce.

So are you, my good sir, calling the Tabloid Tribune a cheaply produced sensationalist piece more fitting to be shoved in the back stalls of street vendors?

[quote name='Libera' date='13 February 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1266093117' post='2179636']So are you, my good sir, calling the Tabloid Tribune a cheaply produced sensationalist piece more fitting to be shoved in the back stalls of street vendors?[/quote]Having been an avid reader of the Tabloid Tribune since its inception some 6 years ago, I can tell you that it is indeed intended to be as such. I also know it is central in NPO's version of kulturkampf.

[quote name='Alterego' date='13 February 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1266089979' post='2179554']
You've washed your hands of ever offering the Legion peace again. Now you will keep them in perpetual war because your ego was bruised.
[/quote]

Mate, what you were not looking for is right at the right of the text you bolded. But... whatever.

And Sir Paul, I was just going to say you write like a tabloid reporter. And then I read the title. My apologies :awesome:

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']
The Eric, Orange Defense Network[/quote]

I have a question about this. Perhaps I'm not understanding properly. Are you saying The Eric wrote that particular article in the Tribune here?

Edited by Whitney

[quote name='Whitney' date='13 February 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1266101209' post='2179836']
I have a question about this. Perhaps I'm not understanding properly. Are you saying The Eric wrote that particular article in the Tribune here?
[/quote]
That's the location being reported from. The author is noted at the end of the article.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='14 February 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1266101390' post='2179842']
That's the location being reported from. The author is noted at the end of the article.
[/quote]
That nation, sadly, passed away some years ago.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='13 February 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1266101390' post='2179842']
[/quote]

Nation was Ericstan. Though, yes, it has been destroyed and I have moved on under my nickname of Tiggah to lead the Hundred Acre Wood to glory.