Tabloid Tribune #156 | NPO ICA

Sir Paul

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']
Let us defend our allies, but let us simply defend them, not enable them.
[/quote]

As a long time member of VE, I find this to be a very interesting position to see coming from Pacifica.

Since you (demonstratively) did not always hold this position I find my self curious on when this new sentiment came about.

This is better than recent editions, probably because you have something actually interesting to play with. Obviously the spin is still dizzying but there are actually some facts to play with underneath it.

Good memory to pick ODN declaring pre-emptively out, hopefully that will quieten down the C&Gers who seem to think that a pre-emptive attack is an unprecedented and impossibly evil action.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 February 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1266108662' post='2180001']
This is better than recent editions, probably because you have something actually interesting to play with. Obviously the spin is still dizzying but there are actually some facts to play with underneath it.

Good memory to pick ODN declaring pre-emptively out, hopefully that will quieten down the C&Gers who seem to think that a pre-emptive attack is an unprecedented and impossibly evil action.
[/quote]

And we paid harsh reps for it.

The precedent has clearly been set :P

Edited by jamesdanaher

[quote name='bzelger' date='13 February 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1266088045' post='2179508']
For example: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79468
[/quote]

Yes. No Cortath or Mary, no Imperial Announcement. It's also missing the Clerk's signature, so it's not an Imperial Report.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='13 February 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1266089433' post='2179541']
Thanks for not taking out the part where I said [i]until they surrender[/i]. Really, thank you. I was hoping you didn't just quote a small part of my statement in order to make it look like we're trying to disband Legion or anything.

Oh wait...you did do that. Hm...why would you only show one sentence of the statement? It's not like you're trying to take something out of context in order to make Sparta look....evil? Are you?
[/quote]

In all my quotes, I include a link so people can get the context. I also included the full quote (without your tawdry tl;dr. Check it out:

"The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, [b]asking for surrender[/b]. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will."

Trust me, you don't need my help to make Sparta look evil ;)

[quote name='TypoNinja']As a long time member of VE, I find this to be a very interesting position to see coming from Pacifica.

Since you (demonstratively) did not always hold this position I find my self curious on when this new sentiment came about. [/quote]

Hey, 53 posts before my OP prediction comes true. I must be slipping.

[quote name='The OP']Best Wishes and in before but, but, but NPO...
Sir Paul, Imperial Clerk, New Pacific Order[/quote]

Also, thanks Tiggah, I forgot your original nation name, and will update the OP accordingly.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='13 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1266108662' post='2180001']
[/quote]

Good evening,

Here's the difference.

During GWIII, the war referenced by Sir Paul, forum screen-shots existed which showed ODN as a [b]specific[/b] recipient of GOONS attacks. In other words, there was undeniable proof that we had targets on our heads. Had those screenshots not existed, the ODN would not have entered GWIII in the pre-emptive manner it did.

Please show me, or explain, how that is the same as a blind-sided, shot in the dark (literally), "pre-emptive" declaration of aggressive warfare by TOP/IRON & Co. I don't think anybody in CnG really thinks that it's impossibly evil. Just a pretty cheap move, like kicking somebody in the nuts when they're looking at you a little funny.

Nice try.

Hugs and punches,
Anthemist

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1266112583' post='2180067']
Hey, 53 posts before my OP prediction comes true. I must be slipping.
[/quote]

I was asleep, sorry.

Seriously, its not a troll, I'm genuinely curious. Hit me up on IRC if you don't want to have the convo over forums, or point me at who I should ask if you don't want to speak on the issue.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='13 February 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1266113451' post='2180082']
Good evening,

Here's the difference.

During GWIII, the war referenced by Sir Paul, forum screen-shots existed which showed ODN as a [b]specific[/b] recipient of GOONS attacks. In other words, there was undeniable proof that we had targets on our heads. Had those screenshots not existed, the ODN would not have entered GWIII in the pre-emptive manner it did.

Please show me, or explain, how that is the same as a blind-sided, shot in the dark (literally), "pre-emptive" declaration of aggressive warfare by TOP/IRON & Co. I don't think anybody in CnG really thinks that it's impossibly evil. Just a pretty cheap move, like kicking somebody in the nuts when they're looking at you a little funny.

Nice try.

Hugs and punches,
Anthemist
[/quote]
Not exactly... [b]IF[/b] ODN became involved, [b]THEN[/b] GOONS would attack you. Sort of like the Karma war where you planned out who was going to attack which alliance when they became involved.

Ugh, the ONE thing that ODN can do right now to lend any credibility to the thinly veiled accusation of hypocrisy present in this hilarious piece of propaganda is to defend themselves against it. And they are out here in full force doing it. Good job guys.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='13 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1266108662' post='2180001']

[/quote]

I agree completely, there were actually facts in parts of this one, which made it more interesting, as opposed to when you just make up things :P

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='14 February 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1266111348' post='2180046']
And we paid harsh reps for it.

The precedent has clearly been set :P
[/quote]
Break the cycle! :awesome:

[quote]Ugh, the ONE thing that ODN can do right now to lend any credibility to the thinly veiled accusation of hypocrisy present in this hilarious piece of propaganda is to defend themselves against it. And they are out here in full force doing it. Good job guys.[/quote]What's truly [i]hilarious[/i] is that you seem to have fallen upon your own ironic sword right there.

Being hilarious [i]is the point[/i]. So I don't see why on earth you're trying to use the word with a negative connotation.

[quote name='Swiper' date='13 February 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1266116280' post='2180120']
Ugh, the ONE thing that ODN can do right now to lend any credibility to the thinly veiled accusation of hypocrisy present in this hilarious piece of propaganda is to defend themselves against it. And they are out here in full force doing it. Good job guys.
[/quote]

Full force? I'm one member. Just making a distinction is all. And why not defend against it, if I think it's an unfair comparison?

[quote name='Chron' date='13 February 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1266116951' post='2180134']
What's truly [i]hilarious[/i] is that you seem to have fallen upon your own ironic sword right there.

Being hilarious [i]is the point[/i]. So I don't see why on earth you're trying to use the word with a negative connotation.
[/quote]

What makes you think I was trying to say hilarious with a negative connotation? I wasn't.

Edited by Swiper

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='14 February 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1266116163' post='2180117']
Not exactly... [b]IF[/b] ODN became involved, [b]THEN[/b] GOONS would attack you. Sort of like the Karma war where you planned out who was going to attack which alliance when they became involved.
[/quote]
I'm not sure if you're in serious mode there or not, but if it were NPO's forum that was attacked by someone from oh, say, LUE... what would have happened there? I think we both know what would have happened. It would have been "go time". It's good to see that the blatant hypocrisy and double standards from NPO leadership didn't die out when you all got crushed. Seems like you've still got a few lessons to learn. Hopefully we'll get a chance to teach you. Of course, next time there likely isn't going to be any escape or any use to teaching you anything as we'd probably just take you all the way down and keep you there. I've learned some fascinating techniques for keeping someone at ZI from you guys. One day perhaps we can test them out?

[quote name='Swiper' date='14 February 2010 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1266119153' post='2180168']
What makes you think I was trying to say hilarious with a negative connotation? I wasn't.
[/quote]
The groan was very neutral, and you legitimately seemed to be complimenting the ODN posters.

To be fair, I also don't know what to make of you Polar guys anymore. A month ago I swore up and down I wish I had joined your alliance rather than emoquit way back when. Now, I really don't.

I really doubt I'm the only one with such sentiments.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='13 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1266119338' post='2180176']
I'm not sure if you're in serious mode there or not, but if it were NPO's forum that was attacked by someone from oh, say, LUE... what would have happened there? I think we both know what would have happened. It would have been "go time". It's good to see that the blatant hypocrisy and double standards from NPO leadership didn't die out when you all got crushed. Seems like you've still got a few lessons to learn. Hopefully we'll get a chance to teach you. Of course, next time there likely isn't going to be any escape or any use to teaching you anything as we'd probably just take you all the way down and keep you there. I've learned some fascinating techniques for keeping someone at ZI from you guys. One day perhaps we can test them out?
[/quote]
Interesting theory, but since they didn't there is no proof either way. It was ODN who did a pre-emptive strike in that war, then in this one claim its unprecedented. Why do you think NPO would do that rather than wait to take advantage of the treaty web to the maximum like people are saying TOP should of done in this war?

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='13 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1266119338' post='2180176']
[/quote]
Oh Sponge, you flirt. And on Valentine's Day too.

If you want to attack us, you know where we are. And I hear Grub's into that sort of thing these days.