Why do you RP as the nation you created in CNRP?

Voodoo Nova

Dumb luck. I started my current nation with little intention to expand or act outside my land, mostly doing character RP and RPing as a group of mercinaries. One thing led to another, I started to expand, and eventually set the goal to unify RL Norway (Which has technically not been completed, as of yet). I never intended to be where I am right now, but I certainly am pleased about it.

EDIT: And basically everything I do now has some basis in the (Generally failed) pursuits of my other two, crappier nations that I have RPed to little notoriety or importance. (Baggs was originally going to be my Minister of Foreign affairs for EdM, Komeil, well, everyone knows him, several weapons systems, RPs and general ideas were poached from things I never really did, but wanted to do in those first nations.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Basically, I want to show how the bad guys would look if they were the 'good guys'... therefore, i pic and choose from a bunch of existing narratives... the Brotherhood of Nod, House Harkonnen, The Federation from Starship Troopers, etc...etc... difficult stuff and go from there.

Edited by Executive Minister

Um, why? Well, my previous nation was the closest of allies to the Commonwealth...and our citizens had a lot fo the same views.

Previously, it was because that was what my IG nation was. Simple as that.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

If you mean IC-wise...

[center]French colonies, primarily Christian, controlled most of where my old land used to be. The French Calvinist ruling body was getting older. The population was exploding and many of them were no longer friendly to the French or to the Christian religion. A family of farmers, the Peaceheart family, had for three generations now sent their first-born sons to the French Calvinist government. King Sargun Arnaeus Peaceheart II became the first monarch of the Sarnungian Republic when the French Calvinist government handed over control of the Nigeria colony to the new ruling body in the late 2000s, although they had de facto self rule since the late 1800s. The transfer was incredibly popular with the citizens of the ex-colony. The French Calvinist government was given an enclave of land in the west to organize a full integration with the land.

The Peaceheart family is a German-African family, now mostly African. The German blood comes from German colonists who established a farming colony that was quickly given to the French Calvinist government. Penelope Slavegirl, an African slave girl so named for her resemblance to a character from Odyssey, bore a child to the German colonists. Instead of further division, the child proved to be the uniting factor and slavery was abolished - officially, that is. She gave birth to three sons, who married and spawned nine sons among them. The family eventually whittled down to a single pair of children in the 1800s. While records of Penelope Slavegirl were kept, most of the family history was lost. Eventually, in the 1900s, Sargun Medon Peaceheart was born. The family eventually boiled down to Sargun Arnaeus, who had the son Sargun Iros Peaceheart III. His sister, Juli Peaceheart, is his only surviving family member. Sargun Arnaeus was killed in a terrorist attack soon after taking power, and Moses Peaceheart was killed in the same attack.
Sargun has an extremely powerful pacemaker in his weak heart and walks with a limp as a result of several heart attacks and a hunting accident, respectively.

[left]If you mean OOC-wise...

[center]Because I wanted to.
[/center][/left][/center]

First I had Russany, it collapsed, so I took Svalbard as Ubersteinia, and things were good.

Then for some crazy reason I tried to unify Scandinavia, and frankly, those were awesome times as far as i'm concerned. I did pretty well too until I ragequit. I had everything but Iceland and mainland Denmark.

Then I eventually came back and decided to use an old Ubersteinian company, the Mariehamm Arms Company on the fortress-island of Mariehamm. Then I was gifted a chunk of land and over time I've taken all of Finland. Now i'm happy with what I have and have no plans to expand. :P

I RP as Kingdom of Cochin to satisfy my megalomaniac fantasies of what would have happened if the real Kingdom of Cochin had not joined India. When I came to CNRP I already had a timeline created from an earlier forum and wanted to continue it here, but i was shunted off to central asia.

Having started rping in CNRP, my aim was to attain South India and RP it from RL Cochin. While working towards my strategic goal I also wanted to portray some of my pet interests like a base in antarctica, rail guns, heart EMF sensor etc. Basically Kingdom of Cochin is a canvas to portray my pet fancies and fantasies.

Well the merge came from both strategic as personal reasons. Strategic because it allowed maximum defensive capabilities when you don't have to worry about hostile nations close to you and don't have a huge border to fortify, personal because Shadow and me tend to think alike and we had been ic allies for months.

The Phoenix Empire, well that mostly came when I said my final goodbye to Europe with the Americas still having space and having rp'd there before I decided to reboot the nation I once had, and that basically is how the latest PE came to existance.

Czech Republic sucked and the Netherlands was open, while Britain wasn't.

Last time I was here, I had been playing a lot of Civ IV as the Netherlands and had grown fond of the Dutch, so I asked Triyun for the Netherlands after we destroyed Nordland and he was happy to oblige.

I continue to RP here because Britain isn't open, the eastern US isn't open, Italy isn't open, and Japan/China isn't open.

I invented Andonia (my true RP nation, Golekh is just a temporary placeholder) as a galactic empire that was locked in constant conflict with the machine intelligence known as the Vorlonen when I was six. It eventually acquired influences from the Mandalorians and the Fremen, and finally it began to take on a life of its own, molding into a unique culture of warrior nomads who lived their entire lives upon the sea.

The citizens in the (former) NR South Carolina province wanted to become a full nation and lead themselves , as they were lead with no voice, and with the permission of NR and the help of German and Japanese immigrants, they are now where they are.

OOC: I was bored and liked writing.

Edited by Fizzydog

I originally wanted to make some dwarf-related nation in CNRP, then it evolved into Diberia and its zombie role plays. I took the name Diberia from my Warriors of Gundra WC3 mod/map. Diberia's name relates to Siberia in terms of origins, and you know how barren it is (connect the dots... very few people live in Diberia at the moment and parts of it are a wasteland where war waged for a decade).

[color="#000080"]My RP is based on two related aspects.

Obviously it is based on my IG nation, which in itself became a convenient means to explore my South African heritage (and history) through CN... and thus RP, before there was something called CNRP.

My IG nation came around because at the time there was an IG nation called South Africa (ruled by Nelson Mandela, he is still around under another name) when I re-rolled in December 2006. So with the name South Africa already used, I opted for the name Transvaal (which was one of the old Boer republics, later a province until 1994 when it was split up into four new provinces).

For the record, there was another nation called Transvaal before mine, but it was deleted a month or two before I created mine.

Anyways this Nelson Mandela character, for those of you who don't remember him or weren't around, was somewhat of a sandpaper rogue - someone who liked to stir up trouble but ended up creating a lot of lulz as a result. He was annoying some of us in Nordreich at the time, so I thought what better way to become a foil for him than to re-roll as an Afrikaner nation ruled by (PW) Botha? [/color]

Well, I had originally started out by trying to RP my IG nation, unfortunately, Mudd already owned it, and well, it led to a big mess, and I was forced to RP as a recognized state somewhere else. Then, Kitex approached me with an offer to RP in his territory after he decided to RP somewhere else (Blue Heaven), and I accepted, and I started RP'ing as South Pole, but then I got banned for having a different forum username to my IG name (which, along with the whole IG nation thing, was a pretty stupid mistake of mine), but later I appealed my ban, it was eventually accepted, I wanted to RP as a nation based off of RL Imperial Germany in North America, and here I am!