Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

Oh my god I seriously laughed for a good 5 minutes. (exaggeration)

Too bad this was overlooked.

[quote name='Strykewolf' date='06 February 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1265437532' post='2163557']
You have got to be kidding me? What in the hell led you to even consider believing that an alliance would not honor its treaties without a public cancellation of said treaties?

And you folks know better.

[/quote]

Polaris, always making the game full of lulz.

-omfg

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='darkmage768' date='06 February 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1265445079' post='2164055']
I don't think it's necessary for me to restate his point, D34th, but if I have to spell it out for you:

ODN have made errors in their past. ODN have admitted this and sought forgiveness, and you've been completely unprepared to listen to them and treated them like filth for the last year and a bit. It's now evident to everyone that Polar have made errors and you make statements like the one Twizzler pointed out in his post. It doesn't particularly matter the exact nature of the mistakes made, your post was still terribly ironic.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm not asking for forgiveness, we are fixing our own mistakes, we aren't asking "Please forgive us, next time we will do different, we changed!"

Also people are blaming/hating and us for honoring a treaty what's is complet different from what ODN did, and must say, I love it.

[quote name='Kowalski' date='06 February 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1265446594' post='2164080']
Should've stuck with Umbrella. Play with matches and you'll get burned, etc...

Pretty low move by NpO but not that surprising.
[/quote]

Yes very low, deceiving people to turn the tides of war! How very passionate NpO. My hat is tipped off to your whole entire alliance for pulling off one of the biggest hoaxes of the year! Props!

As for the other people, it's kind of like being on Punk'd. Is it not?

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1265446730' post='2164083']
Sorry, but I'm not asking for forgiveness, we are fixing our own mistakes, we aren't asking "Please forgive us, next time we will do different, we changed!"

Also people are blaming/hating and us for honoring a treaty what's is complet different from what ODN did, and must say, I love it.
[/quote]

You just don't get it. I can't help you.

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1265446730' post='2164083']

Also people are blaming/hating and us for honoring a treaty what's is[b] complet different from what ODN did[/b], and must say, I love it.
[/quote]

*cough*

We honoured other treaties. A little like what you are doing right now. What we did was, in hindsight, wrong. But it isn't light years away from what you are doing right now either.

[quote name='Wizardess' date='06 February 2010 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1265447054' post='2164091']
These are truly ridiculous times for ridiculous people.
[/quote]

"Sigh" I like the term ridiculous because it's a fun word to say.

[quote name='Nizzle' date='06 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1265436351' post='2163419']
So...which side is now the most underhanded?

I mean, just out of curiosity.
[/quote]
If only I had a digital camera I'd take a picture of some cards laid out as if the game War was played and war was caused by double sixes with the face up cards at the end of war again being double sixes. Alas, I opened my pack of cards (which I've had for a decade unopened) in vain. I have nothing with which to take the picture. I sure wish someone else would do it for me :(

I think the picture would speak well as to the general all situation.

Edited by Hyperbad

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='06 February 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1265447009' post='2164090']
*cough*

We honoured [b]other treaties[/b]. A little like what you are doing right now. What we did was, in hindsight, wrong. But it isn't light years away from what you are doing right now either.
[/quote]

We honored ]all of our treaties with [b]both sides[/b], nobody can't claim that we are chosing an ally over another now, also we are defending GR and then canceling on them, you canceled on us and supported the winning side. You did what you did to save your infra, we did what we did because we care for what we believe not for our infra. See the difference? Principles =/= Cowardice

Also I'm off, enjoy the hate.

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1265447647' post='2164102']
We honored ]all of our treaties with [b]both sides[/b], nobody can't claim that we are chosing an ally over another now, also we are defending GR and then canceling on them, you canceled on us and supported the winning side. You did what you did to save your infra, we did what we did because we care for what we believe not for our infra. See the difference? Principles =/= Cowardice

Also I'm off, enjoy the hate.
[/quote]

So basically, we should all follow NpO's moral and just examples. They only ignited a huge global war, completely destroyed NpO's reputation, forced NpO's emperor to resign, and yet still tries to act as though what you do is right. Get off your god damn high horse.

And if you think you know exactly what ODN did, and the reasons thereof (even though you've been told that you're completely wrong and should just making yourself look like a fool) I'd love for you to tell me sometime. However, that should be taken to PMs.

Enjoy trying to rebuild your reputation. At least Penguin is a sensible guy. Admin knows every alliance needs at least one of those.

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 04:14 AM' timestamp='1265447647' post='2164102']
[/quote]
eh, your leadership agreed to a NAP of conveniece with TOP's leadership for the purpose of conducting this war and backed out of it in support of others. I'm not certain I'd say you honored all of your treaties unless you wish to say those officially announced in long winded prose are treaties and what was said isn't a treaty but a simple agreement. Semantics really doesn't matter here except in trying to rally people to a side with propaganda so we'll. Either way, no matter what you wish to call it, your word would have been broken. One can not deny NpO allowed itself to slip into a no win position and no matter what you would take some heat once Grub made that assurance.

It does come off a bit as something to boost relations with some of your closest allies, or at least keept them from deteriorating too much after recent events so as to maintain some degree of influence. That isn't to say it's the case but merely how it looks to outsiders due in large part to a lack of knowledge with regard to the discussions NpO membership and its leadership has had since the start of the conflict. It's become difficult to place the NpO with what exactly you believe, what principles you are upholding and why now if they were the same ones your leadership was prepared to toss aside before. It's things like this where I refuse to make any sort of definitive judgment because no matter what, unless one is a member with proper clearance we will never know exactly what reasons you have. I feel in large part alliance decisions are driven by a number of different considerations and any one claim will still have a void of information within it.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='06 February 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1265440804' post='2163835']
I wholly support Ski's noble crusade against TOP, for it means slightly less firepower directed against GVChamp.
[/quote] don't worry baby ill give you all the casualties you need :awesome:

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
I find most of you completely contemptible. Your only basis for hailing us or booing us is whether or not Polaris is currently working to further your own material interests.

It's alright for us to break treaties, declare wars on friends, or do anything else that might suit your fancy as long as it's in your favor. But if we're on not on "your side" then it doesn't matter what treaties we follow or what long-time (though perhaps ungrateful) friends we're helping - we're the most dishonorable scum you've ever had the misfortune to encounter - boo hoo hoo.

You flip and you flop and pretend you've got some kind of legitimate basis for outrage, but you're no more than spoiled children.
[/quote]
Welcome to the world of CN politics.

[quote name='R3nowned' date='06 February 2010 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1265441298' post='2163879']
No. It is because your Grub gave his word that he supported TOP's war, then turned around and stabbed TOP in the back.
[/quote]
backstabbing...coming from a member of NATO, thats rich. Out of respect for the fact that you guys defended NV, i will refrain from further bashing your post.

[quote name='gantanX' date='06 February 2010 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1265442800' post='2163966']
someone is really want to win the war so bad

EDIT : forgot to quote
[/quote]
spinning , winning, whining etc etc etc blah blah...

Thats why i like you guys. Honor treaties, defend allies, blow stuff up, bask in the green glow for a few days....then everything goes back to normal. None of this BS stuff that other alliances do D

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1265436679' post='2163459']
Every men made mistakes, but just a few recognize them.
[/quote]

and even fewer do something to fix it. I truly hope Polaris is amongst those.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='raasaa' date='06 February 2010 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1265451178' post='2164167']
backstabbing...coming from a member of NATO, thats rich. Out of respect for the fact that you guys defended NV, i will refrain from further bashing your post.

spinning , winning, whining etc etc etc blah blah...

Thats why i like you guys. Honor treaties, defend allies, blow stuff up, bask in the green glow for a few days....then everything goes back to normal. None of this BS stuff that other alliances do D
[/quote]

LMAO, claiming NATO backstabbed etc... doesn't change the facts. I see NV was happy to join the winning side though, even after all the moralist talk you put up early in this conflict.

Seems to me you backstabbed NpO.

As to the rest that hail on the other side, opportunistic...regardless, I am glad my friends are not like you.

Edited by Chalaskan