Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

[quote name='Urmom(U)' date='05 February 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1265443101' post='2163980']
Hi there to you too, Zombie Glaucon!

I'll respond to both of you at once. Grub gave his word to both of us. If he stayed true to his word to us, then he would break his word with you. I would be happy for TOP (from a realpolitik view), but I would understand that you would be very mad. It would be with good reason, even though it isn't relevant to my interests. I would be able to have sympathy for you since you were betrayed. In this case, he "upheld" his word to you in a very weird way, and broke his word with us. Now we are mad, you are happy. Get it now?
[/quote]

You took someone's word that they would break their word to someone else? TOP was really using the old thinking machine on this one.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 06:11 AM' timestamp='1265436679' post='2163459']
Every men made mistakes, but just a few recognize them.
[/quote]

Oh I love this coming from you. You have gone out of your way to bash ODN in every way you can for such a long time due to our mistakes, and nothing we say would stop you. We admitted it, we had members apologize, I apologized as one of the 5 people who voted to cancel, and you simply ignored it all and continued to bash us every single chance you got. Then, when your alliance makes a mistake, you have the balls to come out and say something like that. Good riddance D34th. I'm proud to have ignored all of your crap for so long.

I, for one, would like to point out that it's a good thing TOP wasted all its political capital making sure IRON was treated with kid gloves, while simultaneously ruining relationships with seemingly everyone else on Planet Bob ... because they are pretty much all you have left.

[b]Moral of the Story:[/b] Don't throw your weight around at every opportunity; people don't like it. Especially when you're wrong.

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/topscrewed.gif[/img]

[size="2"]"Just throw all your nukes at them and when you're empty, we'll get you white peace."[/size]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='gantanX' date='06 February 2010 - 04:58 AM' timestamp='1265443127' post='2163981']
indeed, it'll be a huge different for NpO..
NpO will be able to re-gain trust of their allies if NpO help in this war :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Do you understand that we are fighting in both sides right? Do you undertand that whatever side win we will have enemies in both sides? That we already lose 3 treaties in this war? Do you really think that care about who win or lose this war is not one of our priorities? We are honouring a treaty but I understand that you don't know about it, your alliance said that wouldn't honor their treaties if your allies were joining in the side that you guys don't like.

[quote name='Ertyy' date='06 February 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1265443324' post='2163986']
You took someone's word that they would break their word to someone else? TOP was really using the old thinking machine on this one.
[/quote]
If they break their word that they made to somebody else, then personally that's their problem to sort out with that other party. What matters is the word they made to us imo.

[quote name='Krack' date='06 February 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1265443370' post='2163990']
I, for one, would like to point out that it's a good thing TOP wasted all its political capital making sure IRON was treated with kid gloves, while simultaneously ruining relationships with seemingly everyone else on Planet Bob ... because they are pretty much all you have left.

[b]Moral of the Story:[/b] Don't throw your weight around at every opportunity; people don't like it. Especially when you're wrong.

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/topscrewed.gif[/img]

[size="2"]"Just throw all your nukes at them and when you're empty, we'll get you white peace."[/size]
[/quote]

I would laugh and point, and proclaim that you don't have any idea what your talking about, but your from Aloha, your actions tell the story far better then I ever could. TOP has its supporters just as anybody else does, you don't appear to have the vision to see the perspective of opposing sides.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='06 February 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1265443705' post='2164007']
I would laugh and point, and proclaim that you don't have any idea what your talking about, but ...
[/quote]

... you'd be showing your ignorance to the rest of the CN community?

Of all the "larger powers" out there, I like TOP the most, but I have to ask "what were you thinking?" What made you think that someone would turn against their treaty partner? Don't you realize that as soon as you approached NpO with that suggestion that they would immediately inform CnG? How do you think CnG got their counter attacking alliances in place so quickly?

I mean, I'm sympathizing with your plight on this, but, why take the word of someone who has a vested interest in baiting you?

Edited by Kzoppistan

I think the anger and hate aimed at polar from both sides is a bit misplaced. They're honoring their treaties here wich is supposed to be a good thing.

If you people are that stubborn about seeing every war as two distinct sides where you're on either one side or the other then remember that it's someone that's also fighting for your 'side' that you're ranting against.

[quote name='Twizzler' date='06 February 2010 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1265443335' post='2163988']
Oh I love this coming from you. You have gone out of your way to bash ODN in every way you can for such a long time due to our mistakes, and nothing we say would stop you. We admitted it, we had members apologize, I apologized as one of the 5 people who voted to cancel, and you simply ignored it all and continued to bash us every single chance you got. Then, when your alliance makes a mistake, you have the balls to come out and say something like that. Good riddance D34th. I'm proud to have ignored all of your crap for so long.
[/quote]

Apples and oranges?

Do you know that unlike your alliance did in the past we are honoring our treaties right? That we did our mistakes because we stand for what we believe, not because we are trying to protect our infraestructure or trying to join the winning side right? That unlike your alliance we do not wait many months to recognize our errors?

As for my critics about ODN remember that I never denied that you recognized your mistakes what I always said was that I didn't belive that you have changed, and I still don't.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='06 February 2010 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1265443870' post='2164013']
Of all the "larger powers" out there, I like TOP the most, but I have to ask "what were you thinking?" What made you think that someone would turn against their treaty partner? Don't you realize that as soon as you approached NpO with that suggestion that they would immediately inform CnG? How do you think CnG got their counter attacking alliances in place so quickly?
[/quote]
They were in fact obligated to tell us even.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='06 February 2010 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1265443870' post='2164013']

I mean, I'm sympathizing with your plight on this, but, why take the word of someone who has a vest interest in baiting you?
[/quote]

Actually, they didn't inform C&G, and I seem to recall an angry little NeverEnder on that subject. :P

[quote name='x Tela x' date='06 February 2010 - 04:14 AM' timestamp='1265444078' post='2164025']
Actually, they didn't inform C&G, and I seem to recall an angry little NeverEnder on that subject. :P
[/quote]

Or that could have been a little extra acting on the side. Maybe you're right, but I'm still puzzled at why anyone would think they secured some party's non-participation in an act that would be opposite of the interest of that party?

*Edit: Shrugs, I dunno, I just hope they find a solution agreeable before my direct allies suffer too much damage. Best of luck getting this mess sorted out.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1265443962' post='2164018']
Apples and oranges?

Do you know that unlike your alliance did in the past we are honoring our treaties right? That we did our mistakes because we stand for what we believe, not because we are trying to protect our infraestructure or trying to join the winning side right? That unlike your alliance we do not wait many months to recognize our errors?

As for my critics about ODN remember that I never denied that you recognized your mistakes what I always said was that I didn't belive that you have changed, and I still don't.
[/quote]

Congratulations on missing his point entirely.... or perhaps that was deliberate. Cut the condescending crap, you're in no position to talk.

[quote name='darkmage768' date='06 February 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1265444323' post='2164030']
Congratulations on missing his point entirely.... or perhaps that was deliberate. Cut the condescending crap, you're in no position to talk.
[/quote]

Tell me about his point then.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Sunstar' date='06 February 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1265436829' post='2163483']
Such a course of action was truly unthinkable.
[/quote]

Stop suckling at the teat of your new masters, Polar started this !@#$fest of a war by declaring on \m/ which in turn dragged in its allies who in turn dragged IRON and TOP. When the high milcom channel was planning we were trying to figure out how to allocate alliances and someone said "Duckroll and TOP should be able to take them out" and Polar is like "SURE! Brilliant Idea, you have our support", I know, I was there. POLAR IS ATTACKING AN ALLIANCE THAT DECLARED TO DEFEND ITS COALITION. Admitedly, the pre-emptive strick was an incredibly poor move, we should have waited until treaties were activated, but based off the word of Polar it seemed that the most effective war to win the war and bring a victory to the coalition that would result in Polar suffering the least was to take out C&G immediately.

[quote name='Otherworld' date='06 February 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1265439493' post='2163719']
TOP: You won't attack us if we help you right?
NpO: Of course not!

2 days later

NpO: We surrender lol. Bye TOP.

3 days later

NpO: Just kidding.. we look bad for quitting.. we'll save you!

3 days later

NpO: Holy bananas batman.. we aren't on the winning side of this war? Quick.. lets bandwagon on TOP, that way the other people attacking them will still like us :smug:
[/quote]

To be fair, NpO didn't surrender, they were outmaneuvered by \m/, but beside that I'd say this is a fairly good summation.

O/ the absence of reason

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='06 February 2010 - 04:21 AM' timestamp='1265444469' post='2164035']
Stop suckling at the teat of your new masters, Polar started this !@#$fest of a war by declaring on \m/ which in turn dragged in its allies who in turn dragged IRON and TOP. When the high milcom channel was planning we were trying to figure out how to allocate alliances and someone said "Duckroll and TOP should be able to take them out" and Polar is like "SURE! Brilliant Idea, you have our support", I know, I was there. POLAR IS ATTACKING AN ALLIANCE THAT DECLARED TO DEFEND ITS COALITION. Admitedly, the pre-emptive strick was an incredibly poor move, we should have waited until treaties were activated, but based off the word of Polar it seemed that the most effective war to win the war and bring a victory to the coalition that would result in Polar suffering the least was to take out C&G immediately.

To be fair, NpO didn't surrender, they were outmaneuvered by \m/, but beside that I'd say this is a fairly good summation.

O/ the absence of reason
[/quote]

So are you trying to tell me that the minute TOP and IRON suggested hitting CnG, NpO didn't say something like, "er, wait a minute, we are treatied to them"?

I don't think it's necessary for me to restate his point, D34th, but if I have to spell it out for you:

ODN have made errors in their past. ODN have admitted this and sought forgiveness, and you've been completely unprepared to listen to them and treated them like filth for the last year and a bit. It's now evident to everyone that Polar have made errors and you make statements like the one Twizzler pointed out in his post. It doesn't particularly matter the exact nature of the mistakes made, your post was still terribly ironic.

Edited by darkmage768

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='05 February 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1265435877' post='2163348']
I wish you were speechless more often
[/quote]

As do I. As for myself I'm laughing it up watching the peanut gallery on both sides swing to and fro on who they hate or love; with absolutely no caution.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='05 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
I find most of you completely contemptible. Your only basis for hailing us or booing us is whether or not Polaris is currently working to further your own material interests.
[/quote]

And on this, we're in complete agreement.