Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
I find most of you completely contemptible. Your only basis for hailing us or booing us is whether or not Polaris is currently working to further your own material interests.

It's alright for us to break treaties, declare wars on friends, or do anything else that might suit your fancy as long as it's in your favor. But if we're on not on "your side" then it doesn't matter what treaties we follow or what long-time (though perhaps ungrateful) friends we're helping - we're the most dishonorable scum you've ever had the misfortune to encounter - boo hoo hoo.

You flip and you flop and pretend you've got some kind of legitimate basis for outrage, but you're no more than spoiled children.
[/quote]
No. It is because your Grub gave his word that he supported TOP's war, then turned around and stabbed TOP in the back.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
I find most of you completely contemptible. Your only basis for hailing us or booing us is whether or not Polaris is currently working to further your own material interests.

It's alright for us to break treaties, declare wars on friends, or do anything else that might suit your fancy as long as it's in your favor. But if we're on not on "your side" then it doesn't matter what treaties we follow or what long-time (though perhaps ungrateful) friends we're helping - we're the most dishonorable scum you've ever had the misfortune to encounter - boo hoo hoo.

You flip and you flop and pretend you've got some kind of legitimate basis for outrage, but you're no more than spoiled children.
[/quote]
You only just noticed?

but srsly o/ :v:

[quote name='Urmom(U)' date='06 February 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1265441193' post='2163872']We hail you when you don't break your word and "boo" when you break it.[/quote]
Which is why you were happy to find that Grub had every intention of "breaking" his word to MK to defend them, as laid out in their MDoAP, amirite?

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
[/quote]

This is for the most part, true.

Though I do think it's perfectly valid to say in part, most of us hold Grub in high regard, and his actions here is just stunningly low for a man of his caliber.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']

[/quote]
I for one reserved my judgment on Polaris until I saw them re-enter on behalf of NSO. I even posted saying that those who had judged your alliance should have been feeling very foolish. I find this ironic now, because your Emperor has just proven that those who reserved their initial judgment of you were the ones judging prematurely.

It's a crazy world and a crazy war.

I cant say I approve of any of it. Each day this planet as a whole disgusts me more and more.

But I do have to say that of everyone here, Crymson is one of the last to have any right to complain about that.

Oh well.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='06 February 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1265441192' post='2163871']
If that's what you got out of my post, than your overmind is broken.
[/quote]

Oh, then you're just saying Otherword, an Echelon member, who on rare occasions cares enough to push agendas? Please.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='06 February 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1265441715' post='2163901']It's a crazy world and a crazy war.

I cant say I approve of any of it. Each day this planet as a whole disgusts me more and more.

But I do have to say that of everyone here, Crymson is one of the last to have any right to complain about that.

Oh well.[/quote]
I completely agree with this.
[sub](Oh god, I'm agreeing with a Nordreicher? What is the world coming to?)[/sub]

[quote name='Urmom(U)' date='06 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1265441193' post='2163872']
We hail you when you don't break your word and "boo" when you break it.
[/quote]

Hi there, Urmom(U), you seem to have acquired the laughable but mistaken belief that what I was saying somehow doesn't apply to you too.

If TOP was in the position of MK, and MK in the position of TOP, you would be juuuust fine with us "breaking our word" with MK to honor the treaty we had with you. I'm sure you will try to deny this, but please do keep a little dignity when doing it.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1265441738' post='2163902']
Oh, then you're just saying Otherword, an Echelon member, who on rare occasions cares enough to push agendas? Please.
[/quote]
Oooo big swing but came up empty - that puts you behind in the count, 0 and 2.

I'll lob it at yah this one time - this Otherword character tries to boil down Polar's actions in this war to its very basic elements. In one of those elements, he describes Polar as coming in to save the day for one side of this war. A lot of people on that side view Polar as indeed coming to their rescue, and hail them as such. However, Polar never said they were coming to help anyone but NSO. Therefore, those who made the assumption that Polar was trying to help TOP and whoever (irrelevant of whether you or Otherword had done so) were wrong. And so while Otherword might try to play it off as a joke, [i]some people[/i] may very well feel betrayed because they thought Polar had joined on their side. Which they never did.

That's all. You shouldn't be having this much trouble with it, really.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']
Your only basis for hailing us or booing us is whether or not Polaris is currently working to further your own material interests.
[/quote]

what's that? people generally only look out for themselves? people evaluate situations based upon the affects said situations have on them and their own personal interest?

thanks for the amazing insight. i dont know how we'd get on without this kind of analysis. just brilliant.

:mellow:<_<

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1265441049' post='2163861']

[/quote]

I could say more but this man just won this thread.

Grow up people, stop the crying.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='06 February 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1265442191' post='2163932']
Oooo big swing but came up empty - that puts you behind in the count, 0 and 2.

I'll lob it at yah this one time - this Otherword character tries to boil down Polar's actions in this war to its very basic elements. In one of those elements, he describes Polar as coming in to save the day for one side of this war. A lot of people on that side view Polar as indeed coming to their rescue, and hail them as such. However, Polar never said they were coming to help anyone but NSO. Therefore, those who made the assumption that Polar was trying to help TOP and whoever (irrelevant of whether you or Otherword had done so) were wrong. And so while Otherword might try to play it off as a joke, [i]some people[/i] may very well feel betrayed because they thought Polar had joined on their side. Which they never did.

That's all. You shouldn't be having this much trouble with it, really.
[/quote]

Oooh good try, but no cigar. Wow, I can play that game too. Am I awesome now too?

I'll try and make it easy for you to comprehend. You asked whether or not the bolded statement was a joke. Otherword was the one who wrote the bolded statement after he interpreted the events. He formulated it as a joke, whether or not other people do is irrelevant.

With me now? Good.

Edited by FreddieMercury

[quote name='Jingoist' date='06 February 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1265442207' post='2163934']
what's that? people generally only look out for themselves? people evaluate situations based upon the affects said situations have on them and their own personal interest?
[/quote]
They sure do, then they don a facade of believing that some things are honorable and some thing are not and, surprise! What's honorable happens to be whatever's best for them, and if the same thing is done to the other guy, not dishonorable. It's magic.

[quote name='Jingoist' date='06 February 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1265442207' post='2163934']
thanks for the amazing insight. i dont know how we'd get on without this kind of analysis. just brilliant.
[/quote]
If you're in dire need of up-to-the-date analysis, make sure to PM me. I don't want to see you moping around here, furrowing your brow -- it breaks my heart.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1265441845' post='2163909']
Hi there, Urmom(U), you seem to have acquired the laughable but mistaken belief that what I was saying somehow doesn't apply to you too.

If TOP was in the position of MK, and MK in the position of TOP, you would be juuuust fine with us "breaking our word" with MK to honor the treaty we had with you. I'm sure you will try to deny this, but please do keep a little dignity when doing it.
[/quote]

To be honest, NpO defending MK & GR is what they should do. The mistake was made when Grub gave his word to Crymson that they would not activate their defensive treaties with C&G allies. That's the only mistake here. This declaration is actually as it should be, though I doubt TOP would have hit C&G if they knew Polaris would be countering them.

Everyone makes mistakes. Live and learn.

Edit:
Though, I don't know why we'd argue over the little details of silly things like treaties. Quite a few have entered with no treaty, or have entered only after activating like 5 ghost declarations to chain their oA clause.

OOC: (Which is a !@#$@#$ joke, honestly, and it's a horrible precedent as far as game-play goes for the future.)

Edited by x Tela x

[quote name='Otherworld' date='06 February 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1265439493' post='2163719']
TOP: You won't attack us if we help you right?
NpO: Of course not!

2 days later

NpO: We surrender lol. Bye TOP.

3 days later

NpO: Just kidding.. we look bad for quitting.. we'll save you!

3 days later

NpO: Holy bananas batman.. we aren't on the winning side of this war? Quick.. lets bandwagon on TOP, that way the other people attacking them will still like us :smug:
[/quote]
Except Polar is still at war with GOD/VE....unless i missed something in which case i blame someone else

[quote name='Arrnea' date='06 February 2010 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1265441383' post='2163882']
Which is why you were happy to find that Grub had every intention of "breaking" his word to MK to defend them, as laid out in their MDoAP, amirite?
[/quote]

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1265441845' post='2163909']

[/quote]

Hi there to you too, Zombie Glaucon!

I'll respond to both of you at once. Grub gave his word to both of us. If he stayed true to his word to us, then he would break his word with you. I would be happy for TOP (from a realpolitik view), but I would understand that you would be very mad. It would be with good reason, even though it isn't relevant to my interests. I would be able to have sympathy for you since you were betrayed. In this case, he "upheld" his word to you in a very weird way, and broke his word with us. Now we are mad, you are happy. Get it now?

[quote name='D34th' date='06 February 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1265442983' post='2163975']
Yeah, it will be a huge difference for us whatever side wins. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

indeed, it'll be a huge different for NpO..
NpO will be able to re-gain trust of their allies if NpO help in this war :rolleyes:

I've never been mentioned so much on a thread. I feel special (ib4: you wasnt mentioned before because you're irellevant lolol)

Look. TOP specifically asked about this before making their decision to go in. They acted on the false assumption that NpO would stick to their word. Ok, NpO are omly honouring their treaties.. yay for them, but if they are so honourable and treary abiding.. why did they not do this in the first place or at the very minimum not guarantee TOP they wouldnt be attacked. That way nobody would have minded NpO following up on their treaty, but instead it looks like the greatest act of betrayal.