Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

[quote name='Tromp' date='06 February 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1265462327' post='2164328']
Haha, you've got to be kidding me.
We all know this isn't true. :P

[/quote]

What do YOU know anyway? You have never been a member, you dont talk to us anymore other than insulting us in our threads and you dont have access to our forums.

You have no idea what sympathy TOP held for Polaris before this move. Needless to say it's all gone now.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't restrain from quoting myself, from the [url=" http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79847&st=520&p=2153119&#entry2153119"]NpO DOW on GOD thread[/url]:

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='02 February 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1265120593' post='2153119'][quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='02 February 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1265113705' post='2153003']
ha, quite hilarious to see so many 'Polar scum!' comments from the peace thread turn into 'we love you Polar!' comments.
[/quote]

Indeed.

Looks like all you need to win TOP's and IRON unconditional love, is to declare on their chosen enemies of the week.

However, I think Grub's agenda doesn't exactly fit into TOP and IRON's. So we may still see Polaris being trolled again by them in the short future.[/quote]

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='Tromp' date='06 February 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1265462327' post='2164328']Haha, you've got to be kidding me.
We all know this isn't true. :P[/quote]
Tromp, you mean well, but really on some subjects you're clueless. TOP is one of them, and it's sorta funny that you used to be allied to them.

[quote name='Tromp' date='06 February 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1265462327' post='2164328']
Haha, you've got to be kidding me.
We all know this isn't true. :P
[/quote]
Even when I was in Citadel TOP spoke highly of their relationship with NpO and were ready to go to war for them in other instances as well. Back then I didn't trust NpO and told them any war led by NpO would be trap, but after joining NSO I decided to trust them since they were an ally. (although after their initial withdraw many TOP members had more faith in NpO than even I and didn't believe NpO would leave them hanging even when I did...)

Everyone seems to be fine with it, when Grämlins do it. I remember all the MK dudes saying,"Cool that we are still friends etc.". Yet, when TOP does it, it's wrong? Sure thing.

That said, Tromp, I can also confirm that TOP had good relations with NpO. So yeah, go back to your oppertunistic believes. [sup][/sup]

[quote name='Methrage' date='06 February 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1265459220' post='2164281']
Somehow I am not surprised... :facepalm:

Oh well, I've stopped caring. At least we get to watch the world burn, I think I'll just enjoy it for now.

Edit: TOP are pretty forgiving guys, if you guys truly were tricked into this maybe you guys should negotiate a white peace with them...
[/quote]

The only decision left is the individual one, and that is whether or not each individual person, knowing the current situation and the circumstances that lead to this situation, wants to be used as political ammunition for leaders who don't care about them in the least, or whether they are fine with being used by others as a means for them to reach their goals.

I don't want to be used by anyone. I came to Polar to get away from certain undesirables, and now I find myself sickened by everyone's behaviour, not just those I wished to get away from.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1265442752' post='2163962']
Oooh good try, but no cigar. Wow, I can play that game too. Am I awesome now too?

I'll try and make it easy for you to comprehend. You asked whether or not the bolded statement was a joke. Otherword was the one who wrote the bolded statement after he interpreted the events. He formulated it as a joke, whether or not other people do is irrelevant.

With me now? Good.
[/quote]
If you have to go to those lengths to explain a joke, it's not very funny.

But regardless of Otherword's failings as a master of comedy, there's a bigger picture here (and one Otherword was [i]trying[/i] to formulate). And it turns out that Otherword's comment, intentional or a joke or however you want to call it, is quite representative of that bigger picture.

[quote name='Imperium of Poliz' date='06 February 2010 - 06:36 AM' timestamp='1265438219' post='2163612']
i think we have a new[s] Worst War Ever.[/s]
[/quote]

The WTF War

[quote name='logan1' date='06 February 2010 - 06:57 AM' timestamp='1265439431' post='2163710']
your right, i dont speak with authority, i speak with experience.
experience of knowing what you did to your own alliance.

this is very sweet to me seeing the tso thing {which wouldnt have happened without tops protection) coming full circle.

enjoy your late karma dose!
[/quote]

I have to agree.

[quote name='Baden-WĂĽrttemberg' date='06 February 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1265460945' post='2164299']
I told you so.

Letting Polar die, would have been the best option.
[/quote]

Of course Sam, we all know how much you cared for Polar in the past and how much you care for them now. The only reason TSO/TOP/NpO were on good terms was out of convenience.

[quote name='HellAngel' date='06 February 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1265461010' post='2164300']
No, we came to your aid and you $%&@ed us because you realized you should have a better standing with CnG after this would you want to survive.

Well i can guarantee you that you will have one more thing to worry about. We dont take kindly to getting backstabbed.
[/quote]

Yes, like TOP did during Karma abandoning all allies on The Hegemony side, I completely agree. Save me the trouble. I'm shocked that IRON or any of the other allies you back-stabbed haven't abandoned you and left you to die. After all, you brought this upon yourself.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='06 February 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1265464065' post='2164360']
The only decision left is the individual one, and that is whether or not each individual person, knowing the current situation and the circumstances that lead to this situation, wants to be used [b]as political ammunition for leaders who don't care about them in the least, or whether they are fine with being used by others[/b] as a means for them to reach their goals.

I don't want to be used by anyone. I came to Polar to get away from certain undesirables, and now I find myself sickened by everyone's behaviour, not just those I wished to get away from.
[/quote]

Well, you certainly cannot talk about TOP. Since TOP offered their help to you when you started your morale crusade, and TOP trusted you, when Grub said that he is going to get them white peace and rejoin the war.
You are used by others, you are used by MK and by CnG and no one else. So far, TOP didn't gain anything from their involvement with NpO but a few lame promises from Grub.

[quote name='KingEd' date='06 February 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1265465157' post='2164394']
Yes, like TOP did during Karma abandoning all allies on The Hegemony side, I completely agree. Save me the trouble. I'm shocked that IRON or any of the other allies you back-stabbed haven't abandoned you and left you to die. After all, you brought this upon yourself.
[/quote]

You forgot betraying other Karma alliances by doing their own peace and leaving others to get nuked in order to save their own pixels.

[quote name='KingEd' date='06 February 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1265465157' post='2164394']

Of course Sam, we all know how much you cared for Polar in the past and how much you care for them now. The only reason TSO/TOP/NpO were on good terms was out of convenience.

[/quote]

No, the only reason they were so close is because they (we) indeed share certain ideals. Also, we have [b]never [/b]been on good terms with Polar. In fact, I'd say our relation got even worse when their diplomats wanted to insult us on our very own Forums. And that is, in my opinion, not very convenient. And yes, I don't care for them...your point being?

[quote name='Baden-WĂĽrttemberg' date='06 February 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1265465191' post='2164396']
Well, you certainly cannot talk about TOP. Since TOP offered their help to you when you started your morale crusade, and TOP trusted you, when Grub said that he is going to get them white peace and rejoin the war.
You are used by others, you are used by MK and by CnG and no one else. So far, TOP didn't gain anything from their involvement with NpO but a few lame promises from Grub.
[/quote]

When I said political ammunition for leaders who don't care about you in the least, I was not specifically talking about anyone, as every side in this war has shown, time and again, that they're only out for themselves. That's how it should be, mind you, but that doesn't mean I particularly enjoy watching alliances being forced to choose sides against allies, nor do I particularly enjoy watching those same alliances and leaders put their members into positions that they had no say in at the behest of people who are only using them for their own petty political gains.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='06 February 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1265465399' post='2164400']
You forgot betraying other Karma alliances by doing their own peace and leaving others to get nuked in order to save their own pixels.
[/quote]

I am sorry we didn't agree to the !@#$%^&* terms your so called coalition offered. I am sorry we didn't like Echelon to get humiliated. I am sorry we didn't kiss your $@!.

not.

That said, in the opinion of most of the Oblivionairs we shouldn't have joined in first place. I know, you might argue now that we weren't really needed, but on the other hand side, most people we were fighting with, had pretty small warchests, were very little prepared, and very thankful for every support they could get.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='06 February 2010 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1265441845' post='2163909']
Hi there, Urmom(U), you seem to have acquired the laughable but mistaken belief that what I was saying somehow doesn't apply to you too.

If TOP was in the position of MK, and MK in the position of TOP, you would be juuuust fine with us "breaking our word" with MK to honor the treaty we had with you. I'm sure you will try to deny this, but please do keep a little dignity when doing it.
[/quote]
Trust me, we wouldn't.
[quote name='Elyat' date='06 February 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1265443676' post='2164003']
Hey TOP, remember when we acceded to all your demands, including overthrowing our government, barring others from government, etc., and you still bloody attacked us a month later for !@#$ that we thought was already resolved?

This scum deserves no pity.
[/quote]
Actually I have no idea what you are talking about?

To everyone. TOP keeps on fighting. Every ally of ours (on our side) who is fighting against CnG side is welcome to keep on fighting alongside us. We won't declare on you, we promise that. Nor will we leave you stranded.

To my opponents. Good luck. We're coming for you!

Edited by Saber

[quote name='Baden-WĂĽrttemberg' date='06 February 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1265465733' post='2164407']
That said, in the opinion of most of the Oblivionairs we shouldn't have joined in first place. I know, you might argue now that we weren't really needed, but on the other hand side, most people we were fighting with, had pretty small warchests, were very little prepared, and very thankful for every support they could get.
[/quote]

What makes you think that what I posted cares in the least bit about what TSO does or has ever done? I was talking about TOP, thanks.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='06 February 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1265466902' post='2164430']
What makes you think that what I posted cares in the least bit about what TSO does or has ever done? I was talking about TOP, thanks.
[/quote]

Except that we fought and quit the Karma war together. We both were annoyed by the war, the arrogance shown of the participants, and we both peaced out for the same reason. It was even a joint Announcement. So yeah, what I said applies to TOP as well.

[quote name='Baden-WĂĽrttemberg' date='06 February 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1265467243' post='2164442']
Except that we fought and quit the Karma war together. We both were annoyed by the war, the arrogance shown of the participants, and we both peaced out for the same reason. It was even a joint Announcement. So yeah, what I said applies to TOP as well.
[/quote]

Yes but no one cares that TSO did because it was expected of you to not honor the side and your riding of TOP's coattails there didn't matter. Maybe if TOP sucked it up and didn't quarter-$@! the Karma War, pissing people off, this entire conflict would have never happened.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='06 February 2010 - 09:45 AM' timestamp='1265467550' post='2164455']
Maybe if TOP sucked it up and didn't quarter-$@! the Karma War, pissing people off, this entire conflict would have never happened.
[/quote]
Translation: if only TOP had done what they were told and obeyed the dictates of Archon and Hoo, like everyone else did in Karma, they could be a happy SuperComplaints puppet alliance now like us.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='06 February 2010 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1265467774' post='2164458']
Translation: if only TOP had done what they were told and obeyed the dictates of Archon and Hoo, like everyone else did in Karma, they could be a happy SuperComplaints puppet alliance now like us.
[/quote]

Last I checked Hoo wasn't around then. And don't look now, its Invicta calling people puppets!

[quote name='goldielax25' date='06 February 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1265467898' post='2164463']
Last I checked Hoo wasn't around then. And don't look now, its Invicta calling people puppets!
[/quote]

That's not fair Goldielax. Invicta ain't no puppets, not anymore. [size="1"]The puppetmaster is dead you know :lol1:. [/size]

TOP's actions in Karma might not have been perfect, but they did not break an express guarantee given by their own alliance a few days before, they did not switch sides part way through and I thought the Echelon terms issue had been resolved long ago. (They were in the right in that, too, although not in the way they went about it. No Citadel alliance would have put its name to those terms. I guess you folks on that front would have preferred no help at all and eating that many more nukes, huh?)