Imperial Decree - New Polar

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Boondock' date='05 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1265435454' post='2163275']
I can't believe NpO would follow through on such a request, after TOP came in to help them.
[/quote]

TOP didn't come to help Polaris. TOP declared on a not yet involved c&g. If TOP came to our help they'd have had waited until IRON declared in support of NSO, and then you could make that argument. Also TOP came to us and told us what they planned. We didn't ask for assistance. Would them declaring on our side be unwelcome? No. Did we ask? No. Do we have any obligations to TOP? Nope.

I also really don't understand why we're assisting GR at all since they blatantly told us they had no plans of helping us. Yes we're canceling the treaty, but GR did exactly what ODN has done numerous times in the past.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='07 February 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1265565191' post='2167000']
Polaris is declaring only one war? Please show me any proof of that for the future. I will not debate your point for now, but if it happens to change, don't be surprised.
[/quote]

He meant that we only declared one war on TOP, which was Ski's war.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='07 February 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1265566925' post='2167040']
I'd assume at least some of that is a product of their forums having been down for quite some time now. Makes it rather hard to coordinate things, no?
[/quote]

What did you do to them, you !@#$%^& ?!

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='07 February 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1265567445' post='2167057']
He meant that we only declared one war on TOP, which was Ski's war.
[/quote]
I think he meant that the number of wars will likely not stay 1 for the entirety of the war.

Also, it appears the true casualty of this DoW is our forum :(

Edited by William Blake

[quote name='joracy' date='07 February 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1265564331' post='2166987']
Yes. This was clearly a plan by MK to ensure TOP and Polar hate each other. I honestly think this is worse than the "Grub is a NAAC sleeper agent trying to destroy NpO" tinfoil conspiracy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, fighting wars, especially losing ones, do have a tendency to bring some alliances together, even those that used to have significant disagreements. Not that I am saying that would happen, but his argument is not without a base in reality or some truth to it.[/color]

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='07 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1265567509' post='2167059']
What did you do to them, you !@#$%^& ?!
[/quote]

Archon, being the evil mastermind behind the glorious plan to destroy Polar once and a for all obviously destroyed their forums. Or something.

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='07 February 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1265567288' post='2167055']

I also really don't understand why we're assisting GR at all since they blatantly told us they had no plans of helping us. Yes we're canceling the treaty, but GR did exactly what ODN has done numerous times in the past.
[/quote]

Well that's why you put non chaining clauses in all your treaties, no? So if you were in GR's position you wouldn't have to help either.

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1265564447' post='2166992']
Give me a reasonable explanation then. Because you wont fool me into thinking Polar is actually putting relief on the MK front with that one declaration...
[/quote]
Your curious assumption that this was a plan of MK's relies on two facts which I think anyone would agree are questionable at best.

1. Grub was telling the truth (we see some issues already) about MK coming to polar and asking them to declare war on TOP, despite polar being on the opposite side of the conflict and the fact that TOP attacked MK and thus activated the defensive agreement MK and NpO held quite a few days before this DoW.

2. This having occurred, polar was then [i]forced[/i] to come in and attack TOP, again despite being on the same "side" as them in the conflict. And let's not forget that polar is not exactly known for their noble and self sacrificing ways, nor of putting "honor" or allies before their own interests, at the very least not to extremes like this.

Now I don't deny that MK is using this to their advantage and are cutting back on the trolling of polar to some extent as a result of the move, but surely this being an evil plan of MK seems a lot less likely now no?

Lets keep the blame for this fiasco where it rightfully belongs.

Edited by Kortal

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1265557484' post='2166848']
Dont underestimate the power of this one declaration. I already advised our council to surrender to the mighty forces of Ski.

MK made sure TOP and Polaris would still hate each other after the war, further cementing their grip on planet Bob. Not that i fault them for it. It's a sound strategical move, i just dont think it has any class.

(In before "BUT YO ATTACK HAD NO CLASS EITHER!!")
[/quote]
TOPs delusional paranoia never ceases to amuse. Yes, we orchestrated this entire war just to get you, we even manipulated you into attacking us. We know everything, we control everything! Dance puppet, dance!! //insert evil laugh here.

Edited by der_ko

[quote name='der_ko' date='07 February 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1265577218' post='2167292']
Yes, we orchestrated this entire war just to get you, we even manipulated you into attacking us. We know everything, we control everything! Dance puppet, dance!! //insert evil laugh here.
[/quote]

AHA! SO YOU ADMIT IT!

:P

[quote name='AAlumni' date='07 February 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1265578019' post='2167312']
AHA! SO YOU ADMIT IT!

:P
[/quote]
I believe we have confessed to this terrible behavior of ours a number of times.

I apologize for controlling the Cyberverse :(

[quote name='Katsumi' date='06 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265483824' post='2164899']
Here's an easy to understand diagram to explain the situation.

[img]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6411/secondunjustdiagram.png[/img]

I'm feeling the anger of many Polars at this decision. I'm not going to claim that AlmightyGrub is the worst Emperor ever, as having dealt with him, I know that he's had a very positive impact on Polaris overall. But I'm saddened and confused by these actions of late. Speaking of my time in the Order, this is not what we had hoped for.

So...Mio for Viceroy? :smug:
[/quote]

This will be expensive for them, though. And I love to see them paying their bills. And you know what's even better? Their post box just exploded ;)

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1265557484' post='2166848']
Dont underestimate the power of this one declaration. I already advised our council to surrender to the mighty forces of Ski.
[/quote]
You had one guy leave already because of this declaration. ~wrecked~

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1265557484' post='2166848']

MK made sure TOP and Polaris would still hate each other after the war, further cementing their grip on planet Bob. Not that i fault them for it. It's a sound strategical move, i just dont think it has any class.

(In before "BUT YO ATTACK HAD NO CLASS EITHER!!")
[/quote]
MK convinced NpO to declare war on \m/ just to get at TOP! Just like they convinced Athens to declare war on TPF to get at TOP! And how they convinced NPO to declare on OV to get at TOP! My god! Those sick geniuses!

[quote name='Litha Riddle' date='07 February 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1265589436' post='2167709']
It truly breaks my heart to see you get played like this by your 'friends' Polar :(

I hope you make it through this. :(
[/quote]
not worth it wow why would i waste my time

lol

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Litha Riddle' date='07 February 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1265589436' post='2167709']
It truly breaks my heart to see you get played like this by your 'friends' Polar :(

I hope you make it through this. :(
[/quote]

Wow, you're clueless.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='08 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1265606740' post='2168211']
Wow, you're clueless.
[/quote]
In her defense, there are about three alliances that actually know everything going on here.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='NoFish' date='08 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1265580134' post='2167395']
MK convinced NpO to declare war on \m/ just to get at TOP! Just like they convinced Athens to declare war on TPF to get at TOP! And how they convinced NPO to declare on OV to get at TOP! My god! Those sick geniuses!
[/quote]

someone saw through our evil plans...

quick! to the archoncopter!

[quote name='Litha Riddle' date='07 February 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1265589436' post='2167709']
-tears-
[/quote]

[quote name='Litha Riddle' date='07 February 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1265589436' post='2167709']
Just another mindless Pacifican drone spitting out propaganda
[/quote]

couldn't have put it any better myself

Edited by MNNorthStars