Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='07 February 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1265511163' post='2165804']
Athens did not pre-emptively blitz you because of what they felt you *might* do. They attacked you for spying on them.

But regardless of that- your argument does not match Achron's words. He simply said that TOP/IRON/TORN would not be in the situation they are in now if they hadn't chosen to aggressively attack C&G. They put themselves in this mess.
[/quote]

Revisionism at its best.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='silentkiller' date='06 February 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1265511333' post='2165811']
Revisionism at its best.
[/quote]
We went over this back when the whole mess occured and there was never a consensus. There is no "revisionism" when the true cause has hardly been divined.

However, chances are you, like all others (including myself) will not be convinced of anything argued by this side.

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='06 February 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1265511163' post='2165804']
Athens did not pre-emptively blitz you because of what they felt you *might* do. They attacked you for spying on them.

But regardless of that- your argument does not match Achron's words. He simply said that TOP/IRON/TORN would not be in the situation they are in now if they hadn't chosen to aggressively attack C&G. They put themselves in this mess.
[/quote]

Wow, you obviously have no idea what actually happened, but that is no matter I guess. I hope your alliance puts yourself in a situation to get rolled sometime(instead of befriending the ever changing big-kid on the block), it would be a change for sure.

Didn't TOP show a screen shot of AlmightyGrub saying it was okay for TOP and IRON to attack C&G? Or was AlmightyGrub planning on pulling off yet another backstabbing move after leaving TOP and IRON to deal with C&G when NpO and \m/ got white peace?

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 February 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1265511651' post='2165826']
Didn't TOP show a screen shot of AlmightyGrub saying it was okay for TOP and IRON to attack C&G? Or was AlmightyGrub planning on pulling off yet another backstabbing move after leaving TOP and IRON to deal with C&G when NpO and \m/ got white peace.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80162

There you go.

[quote name='Earogema' date='07 February 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1265511553' post='2165820']
We went over this back when the whole mess occured and there was never a consensus. There is no "revisionism" when the true cause has hardly been divined.

However, chances are you, like all others (including myself) will not be convinced of anything argued by this side.
[/quote]

Yes we argued about the current intent of TPF and whether their peace terms absolved them of their guilt of planning to spy, but I am sure it was generally agreed that TPF didnt actually spy on Athens.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 February 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1265511651' post='2165826']
Didn't TOP show a screen shot of AlmightyGrub saying it was okay for TOP and IRON to attack C&G? Or was AlmightyGrub planning on pulling off yet another backstabbing move after leaving TOP and IRON to deal with C&G when NpO and \m/ got white peace?
[/quote]

Hey, wow, nobody has brought that up yet! Please, post more so that we may be truly enlightened.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='06 February 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1265511713' post='2165829']
Yes we argued about the current intent of TPF and whether their peace terms absolved them of their guilt of planning to spy, but I am sure it was generally agreed that TPF didnt actually spy on Athens.
[/quote]
I didn't, and that one guy you quoted didn't, and I'm sure C&G + SF + allies don't, which is a very large (yes I know biased too) group. However the point is that there was no consensus.

[quote name='Earogema' date='07 February 2010 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1265511813' post='2165834']
I didn't, and that one guy you quoted didn't, and I'm sure C&G + SF + allies don't, which is a very large (yes I know biased too) group. However the point is that there was no consensus.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='Moridin' date='06 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1265511741' post='2165831']
Hey, wow, nobody has brought that up yet! Please, post more so that we may be truly enlightened.
[/quote]
Do that for me, I don't feel like posting the same thing over every 15+ minutes or so since posts are easily buried by newer ones. I kinda feel sorry for TOP after getting backstabbed by NpO when they were ditched shortly after TOP attacked C&G and then backstabbed again when NpO said, "O hai there, I R GONNA DITCH YOU AGAIN CUZ YOU ATTACKED MA ENEMY (or friend) EVEN THOUGH I TOLD YOU IT WAS OKAY TO ATTACK THEM!" and then attacked TOP.

Key point: Don't trust NpO's words, more specifically, AlmightyGrub's words, ever.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='King Penchuk' date='07 February 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1265516921' post='2165992']
Can't we all just kill the clowns and call it a day?
[/quote]

Attacking your own alliance is against the rules iirc.

[quote name='The AUT' date='06 February 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1265518007' post='2166014']
[/quote]

Man, that was clever! It was almost on par with the classic "I'm rubber you're glue" comeback.

[quote name='The AUT' date='06 February 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1265518007' post='2166014']
[/quote]
Did you know that you can actually go rouge on your alliance buddies and join the other side, or that there are alliance members who disagree with the alliance's actions? *GASP*

[quote name='HHAYD' date='07 February 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1265518253' post='2166019']
Did you know that you can actually go rouge on your alliance buddies and join the other side, or that there are alliance members who disagree with the alliance's actions? *GASP*
[/quote]

Seems like a bipolar order to carry out. :v:

[quote name='The AUT' date='06 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1265518330' post='2166021']
Seems like a bipolar order to carry out. :v:
[/quote]
If your alliance is already suffering from bipolar disorder, then what is wrong with being bipolar? :awesome:

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 February 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1265488951' post='2165063']
actually Crymson's post does not give any actual time frame for the discussion nor does it give any actual plans. it just states war plans. that could very well mean that it was TOP/IRON coming in on defense of NSO and not the preemptive strikes. not to mention without actual dates, we have no clue when the conversation took place.
[/quote]
For reference, the logs in the OP take place after Polar's recent declaration of war on us. It is Crymson essentially getting a confession from Grub, where he admits to having screwed us over.

Shame on Grub for making a promise not to defend his allies
Props to Grub for defending his allies even when it puts him in a bad spot to say the least.

Who knows if my alliance will be entering this war, and who knows what side I will be on, but let me say
May Admin have mercy on everyone's souls, for this madness shall have none.