Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1265508165' post='2165699']
A few points of clarity:

C&G is not looking for a "statistical advantage" over TOP so much as we're looking to make sure they're not really in a position to devastate us with a massive preemptive strike in the future. [/quote]

Actually, isn't it both? The latter is the desired outcome, the former is the means to achieve it? I don't see how this is a bone of contention. And since we have 19 or so alliances we're at war with, I would say that the statistical advantage thing is soon to be a reality.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1265508165' post='2165699']
And here we thought White Peace in Karma would set things off on the right foot or something.[/quote]

I can't speak for everyone, but we have pretty good relationships with those we white peaced. Your mileage may vary.

You'd be foolish if you didn't believe MK hasn't been rendering all the assistance to Polaris that it can on its other fronts. We've been working tirelessly with the alliances involved, and while we're not really in a position to lend military support (and it has not been requested), we are nonetheless helping out however we can. Hopefully the fruits of those labors will be able to manifest themselves soon enough.

And lastly, before you seek to blame Grub for everything, none of this would have happened if TOP and IRON and company hadn't preemptively blitzed an uninvolved C&G. Yes, you can say "GRUB OKAYED IT!!!!" but that doesn't change the fact that TOP and company both devised and executed the plan. [/quote]

I don't blame Grub for everything. As I said earlier, I think he has always done what he felt was the right thing to do - both in DoWing TOP and okaying the preemptive strike.

and now you've made it clear through this TOPocalypse stunt that you wish to make it as brutal as possible. [/quote]

It's not a stunt. We have no choice. The cards have been played and this is what it is. You are not inclined to offer peace (which is certainly within your rights) so we must carry on with war.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aya Reiko' date='07 February 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1265526831' post='2166471']
Waaaait...

What's going on with the Polar-GOD/Kronos/VE/wF/The Ninjas/Misfit Nations fronts? Did this thing turn into a Three-way dance, or has Polar effectively declared war on [i]everyone[/i]?
[/quote]

[i]Everyone[/i]

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 February 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1265468799' post='2164502']
Technically at the time of white peace, you guys did the peacing out because we had 5x the NS on your side declared.
[/quote]

This is only true if one believes only the alliances were only technically "at war" were the only ones who were going to fight.

EDIT: And wow, never thought I'd feel bad for TOP in this war after what they pulled.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='07 February 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1265531438' post='2166582']
Until Polaris declares more than ONE WAR on TOP, I'm not really considering this anything other than a weak PR stunt to get peace from VE so they can backstab us again.
[/quote]

I don't recall Polaris having any significant relation with iFOK, if that's what you're talking about. Not even enough to front-stab you :P

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='07 February 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1265531438' post='2166582']
Until Polaris declares more than ONE WAR on TOP, I'm not really considering this anything other than a weak PR stunt to get peace from VE so they can backstab us again.
[/quote]

Our military forces are actually widespread on the battlefields of this war. We are fighting on several fronts for several Allies. It takes some time to send off a focused military dispatch towards the TOP front (edit: IF our forums would work). However, it is quite understandable that the motivation of our members (especially those still in PM) to attack ANYONE is very low. You just need to go to the OWF and dip in the huge !@#$storm that is flying towards us to get discouraged.

Edited by Hawky

[quote name='Katsumi' date='06 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265483824' post='2164899']
Here's an easy to understand diagram to explain the situation.

[img]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6411/secondunjustdiagram.png[/img][/quote]
Get rid of the "(PICK ONE)" and it's perfect ^_^

I'm curious why MK asked for this move given they knew what a horrible position this would put Polar if answered? It seems really selfish and honestly like y'all sat around trying to think what would be the most demented thing to do to your "friends". You didn't need this help in this war at this time.

[quote name='mhawk' date='07 February 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1265556819' post='2166840']
I'm curious why MK asked for this move given they knew what a horrible position this would put Polar if answered? It seems really selfish and honestly like y'all sat around trying to think what would be the most demented thing to do to your "friends". You didn't need this help in this war at this time.
[/quote]

Dont underestimate the power of this one declaration. I already advised our council to surrender to the mighty forces of Ski.

MK made sure TOP and Polaris would still hate each other after the war, further cementing their grip on planet Bob. Not that i fault them for it. It's a sound strategical move, i just dont think it has any class.

(In before "BUT YO ATTACK HAD NO CLASS EITHER!!")

[quote name='Dan2680' date='07 February 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1265556435' post='2166836']
This is actually a brilliant move. Fight for both sides, you cant lose!
[/quote]

Or, if you look at it the other way: Fight for both sides, you are certain to lose.

[quote name='Aya Reiko' date='07 February 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1265526831' post='2166471']
Waaaait...

What's going on with the Polar-GOD/Kronos/VE/wF/The Ninjas/Misfit Nations fronts? Did this thing turn into a Three-way dance, or has Polar effectively declared war on [i]everyone[/i]?
[/quote]
Can I declare war on Admin? Then everyone will be involved! :awesome:

Edited by Prime minister Johns

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='07 February 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1265559748' post='2166892']
Can I declare war on Admin? Then everyone will be involved! :awesome:
[/quote]
Then everyone who declared war will mysteriously disappear, never seen again. :P

[quote name='HellAngel' date='08 February 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1265557484' post='2166848']
Dont underestimate the power of this one declaration. I already advised our council to surrender to the mighty forces of Ski.

MK made sure TOP and Polaris would still hate each other after the war, further cementing their grip on planet Bob. Not that i fault them for it. It's a sound strategical move, i just dont think it has any class.

[/quote]
I do not hate TOP. And I will select other targets if I am given a list. And admin knows I am spoiled for choice at the moment. TOP is not on my list of alliances to destroy during my epic kamikaze run.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='07 February 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1265559953' post='2166897']
I do not hate TOP. And I will select other targets if I am given a list. And admin knows I am spoiled for choice at the moment. TOP is not on my list of alliances to destroy during my epic kamikaze run.
[/quote]

Good, then its not working, I dont hate polar either. I probably dont like Grub now because he is spinning on his feet throwing wtf-cakes at everyone, but i guess the general membership knew as much about this as TOP.

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1265561116' post='2166922']
Good, then its not working, I dont hate polar either. I probably dont like Grub now because he is spinning on his feet throwing wtf-cakes at everyone, but i guess the general membership knew as much about this as TOP.
[/quote]

True.

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1265557484' post='2166848']

[/quote]

Yes. This was clearly a plan by MK to ensure TOP and Polar hate each other. I honestly think this is worse than the "Grub is a NAAC sleeper agent trying to destroy NpO" tinfoil conspiracy.

[quote name='joracy' date='07 February 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1265564331' post='2166987']
Yes. This was clearly a plan by MK to ensure TOP and Polar hate each other. I honestly think this is worse than the "Grub is a NAAC sleeper agent trying to destroy NpO" tinfoil conspiracy.
[/quote]

Give me a reasonable explanation then. Because you wont fool me into thinking Polar is actually putting relief on the MK front with that one declaration...

[quote name='HellAngel' date='07 February 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1265564447' post='2166992']
Give me a reasonable explanation then. Because you wont fool me into thinking Polar is actually putting relief on the MK front with that one declaration...
[/quote]
Polaris is declaring only one war? Please show me any proof of that for the future. I will not debate your point for now, but if it happens to change, don't be surprised.

Still not sure what I think about this. I'm glad you've done what you feel is right.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1265443569' post='2163999']
CnG aren't the only 7 fighting here. Can CnG state for sure that all those that have come in to aid CnG want to continue this war. Or are they willing to take white peace. If they choose white peace and TOP and co. also will accept white peace, then it has to be said that this war is continuing by CnG's choice. CnG Leaders have an obligation to CnG, yes. But they also have to consider those that came in to fight on your side and what they want out of this war. If continuing is what they choose, then at least its their choice. If not then they have to consider peace now.
[/quote]
No, we don't.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='07 February 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1265565191' post='2167000']
Polaris is declaring only one war? Please show me any proof of that for the future. I will not debate your point for now, but if it happens to change, don't be surprised.
[/quote]

Your search for new polar order the order of the paradox returned 1 results.
Serving 1 to 1 of 1 Results