Declaration of War from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BigKat' date='03 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1265215117' post='2156682']
This is certainly a sad declaration. I know quite a few folks in the Viridian Entente, and have fought beside several when we were in another alliance. But, times change :)
[/quote]
Much love to you, my former brother. :awesome:

[quote name='sethb' date='03 February 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1265232380' post='2157134']
Much love to you, my former brother. :awesome:
[/quote]
We're still bruthas- we just have other muthas now :)

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='03 February 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1265236902' post='2157295']
oh hey we got attacked by GGA With Spellcheck
[/quote]

Nom nom nom. Your contempt is delicious.

Edited by Smooth

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='03 February 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1265236902' post='2157295']
oh hey we got attacked by GGA With Spellcheck
[/quote]
Well we have another guy who used to be in Gramlins, too, except he's too big to fight anyone in your alliance :(

[quote name='Dr hairy Ballz' date='03 February 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1265253581' post='2157815']
Hey, I was OV!
[/quote]
Hello Doc ;) How many more OVers are around in VE?

[quote name='Pacific Fleet' date='03 February 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1265212699' post='2156621']
we are here to defend NSO
[/quote]

...who declared on FOK! who declared on [b]NpO who declared on \m/[/b]

Translated: we are here [i]'cause we enjoy causing more wars[/i]

[quote name='BigKat' date='03 February 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1265257578' post='2157924']
Hello Doc ;) How many more OVers are around in VE?
[/quote]

Seth, DHB, KaelHarmon are the ones off the top of my head, Morey and lewis young were OV for a while as well.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='04 February 2010 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1265292554' post='2158793']
Would someone like to explain this 'GGA with spellcheck' business to me?

Also, obligatory taunting about getting someone in range
[/quote]

Wanted to say the same thing. Either that joke was as lame as I thought it was or... nah that's pretty much it.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='04 February 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1265318373' post='2159393']
Pardon my feeble brain, does ex post facto mean something was once legal and now isn't?

Weird DoW. Hope you guys can find it in you to put up a good fight for your closest ally. I get the feeling you don't want to be in this thing at all.
[/quote]

Not exactly but kind of.

Ex post facto action (in the context used here which is based around the legal definition) is when one cites a past event in which their own interest was considered to be resolved as justification for further action in the present, or in a way reviving their once concluded interest for the purpose of further action. Hinges on the view of this mess as two (at least lol) separate conflicts. Polar's withdrawal from the conflict in which NSO is still party too (and note they are the only party left involved from Polar's side) concluded their interest in that war. In their DoW, they cited defense of NSO from their lingering attackers in that said first war as the rationale for declaring war on GOD. Because their interest was concluded, in our opinion, when they declared peace from that war along with everyone else save NSO, their citation of defense from attacks upon an ally still involved in that war can be said to be ex post facto rationale.

Don't get me wrong, we understand that when it boils down to it the matter simply is NSO called for help and they felt obligated to answer which we in no way fault them for, and we also understand how others could see the differential between the conflicts I outlined above differently (lord knows people do), it's just our opinion on the matter.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='04 February 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1265318373' post='2159393']
Weird DoW. Hope you guys can find it in you to put up a good fight for your closest ally. I get the feeling you don't want to be in this thing at all.
[/quote]

Did you see our blitz? I mean, it was not our best, but it was pretty solid. We're definitely not half-@&%ing on the war effort.

I think it's fair to say our general opinion was that the original war (\m/-NpO) was fairly juvenile and unnecessary. And, as to our current role in the conflict as it stands, we are more than willing, happy, etcetera to stand next to our brothers in GOD on the battlefield. The intent of our DoW, I believe, was simply to dispel any notion that Viridia has a bone to pick with NpO (outside of their attack on GOD, of course). We're cognizant of the fact that Polaris is in this war to defend an ally - that's why we're here, too.

Essentially, our efforts are not anti-NpO, but rather anti-attacks-on-GOD.