New Athens Speech Policy

Not really a fan of limiting and/or banning people from posting. I say let them use it, it lets everyone else know that they are full of !@#$. Its not like this will raise the level of discourse on here or whatever, people will still find ways to prop up any argument and generally just !@#$%^&* things.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're restricting your speech so you don't embarrass us. Congratulations."

I think they are making the right call if they truly believe it will be the problem. God knows a lot of people do need such restrictions so they don't reflect poorly on their alliance's ability to inspire a little bit of common sense in their membership. But to congratulate the members themselves is just... an inappropriate response.

Forgive me for reaching a diplomatic solution rather than risking the might and awe of the ODN. You are just lucky we didn't roll now aren't you. That much sought opportunity would have been delicious if it was over an alliance tech raiding another alliance... and getting raided by a bigger one. Pack up your water pistol and go home.

You really would not have wanted to attack either Athens or ODN.

But to congratulate the members themselves is just... an inappropriate response.

Athens members are benefiting from this policy, are they not? Hopefully their wise leaders will be able to raise them from their previous vulgarity and make them balanced and articulate members of the community. They should be congratulated for being awarded this opportunity.

Everyone else is going well done. Striving to make amends.

But instead of waiting till wrong actions have been committed. You should have insured quality of membership and enforced certain rules. Better rulers are better in these times than 50K nuke heavy nations.

I feel sorry for MK and IAA who will have to bear the blunt of Athens actions once again.

Everyone else is going well done. Striving to make amends.

But instead of waiting till wrong actions have been committed. You should have insured quality of membership and enforced certain rules. Better rulers are better in these times than 50K nuke heavy nations.

I feel sorry for MK and IAA who will have to bear the blunt of Athens actions once again.

Thanks professor.

Dear MK and IAA, sorry for being a burden. I remember that one time with IAA where we...uh...yeah I don't know wtf you're talking about.

You really would not have wanted to attack either Athens or ODN.

I thought I made it fairly clear that I didn't actually care about your massive e-pen being in the way. If Athens had not been so happy to be friendly I would have been more than happy to attack them. If you think it is all about you and your handful of nukes stopping things, you seriously over rate yourself. I will attack whoever I choose to attack and the consequences be damned, it is inevitable at some stage it will crossover some treaties and there is SFA that can or will be done about it.

I highly respect Archon and several other people involved today, and as such they were fully advised of everything happening, but do not ever think that CnG or anyone else has a carte blanche to tell me to put up or shut up and expect that I wont roll tanks if I feel motivated to do so.

I personally dislike that fact that grub threatened us in public on a situation that didn't directly implicate him at all. At the same time threatening 2 of our other allies.

I personally dislike you. If you think I was not directly implicated, do you think I would post in the thread? You need a reality check somewhere along the line, just because you are an ally does not mean I will kow tow to your every demand nor would I expect vice versa.

As for causing diplomatic messes, who gives a damn, that's why we have back rooms and private channels, places I have never seen WC ever. You challenge me publicly expect me to respond publicly. Either that or get an actual clue to what actually happened today.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

I personally dislike you. If you think I was not directly implicated, do you think I would post in the thread? You need a reality check somewhere along the line, just because you are an ally does not mean I will kow tow to your every demand nor would I expect vice versa.

As for causing diplomatic messes, who gives a damn, that's why we have back rooms and private channels, places I have never seen WC ever. You challenge me publicly expect me to respond publicly. Either that or get an actual clue to what actually happened today.

That might be shocking coming from a Topper, but i like you more every day.