New Athens Speech Policy

Athens_flag.jpg

From now on, Athens members are forbidden to use the appeal to force in discourse on these venues. This essentially means that saying "bring it" or "do something about it" will not be tolerated as a means of communication. Violations of this which are brought to my attention will result in a 1 month posting ban on the OWF. Violations of the posting ban will result in expulsion.

We are doing this in an effort to improve the quality of discourse in this venue, and it is our hope that all alliances will similarly restrain themselves. Actual discussions are better than threats the vast majority of the time, and we are going to do our part to improve the standard of discourse here.

Thanks.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens_flag.jpg

From now on, Athens members are forbidden to use the appeal to force in discourse on these venues. This essentially means that saying "bring it" or "do something about it" will not be tolerated as a means of communication. Violations of this which are brought to my attention will result in a 1 month posting ban on the OWF. Violations of the posting ban will result in expulsion.

We are doing this in an effort to improve the quality of discourse in this venue, and it is our hope that all alliances will similarly restrain themselves. Actual discussions are better than threats the vast majority of the time, and we are going to do our part to improve the standard of discourse here.

Thanks.

Bring it.

Edit: I COULDN'T RESIST!

Edited by Corinan

Well-put. I hope that all of us can work towards making these forums as they once were---a place in which reasonable discourse is encouraged rather than defamed.

This was in the first couple months of 2006? You'll have to forgive me. I wasn't here before the Great War so I must have missed this period.

This was in the first couple months of 2006? You'll have to forgive me. I wasn't here before the Great War so I must have missed this period.

No those weren't particularly reasonable. They were better, though. A higher standard of belligerence, if you will.