Announcement of the New Sith Order

Heft

redflag1.png

nsoannouncementbanner.png

The New Sith Order, as everyone is well aware, is committed to enlightening the general public. We prize individual betterment and passion, and education and information dissemination is vital to that effort. Similarly, we are as committed as ever to changing harmful practices and making the world a better place. Clearly, we are a public and bold alliance, with a well-documented history of attacking suspicion and criticism head on. This is something we are proud of, as we strive to be a model of enlightened leadership for the cyberverse.

Today is no exception. Today, we challenge the idea that secrets are best left to the backrooms, that mistakes are best left ignored and buried. Many of you are running around with a link to something naughty and feeling very proud of yourselves. But I do not believe it fair to deprive our playmates of this delightful discovery. Those of you who have seen the paste certainly know what I am discussing now. Some embassies around the world contain references, both implicit and explicit to it, as does the tail end of our current Press Conference. But we are not an alliance for intrigue. We desire straight and honest truth and directness, and we give it in return.

At the end of this post is a link. This link contains the log of a private discussion between the New Sith Order Peace Council Marauders: Wentworth, Conebone, and Rebel Virginia. This discussion was regarding a belief that certain alliances in or related to C&G were preparing for a strike on certain Purple alliances, and how best to carry our diplomatic plans forward with that knowledge in mind. This discussion is hardly spectacular in any way, other than being publicized. Honestly, it’s not even that interesting. The only reason this has gotten so much steam is because of the intrigue and secrecy of discovering a “private” discussion. So, a few points:

• It is our Marauder’s job to evaluate all possible relationships’ potential strategic impact on our alliance, both positive and negative. While we base our relationships primarily on being able to maintain some level of friendship and trust, we must also examine the utility of any such partnership, and our Marauders would be remiss to not discuss how other potential conflicts might affect us.
  • The information regarding a planned attack was inaccurate. Conebone will be posting after me to explain where exactly the information came from and how it ended up in this discussion in this form. It was a mistake.
  • Marauders do not have the authority to single-handedly implement any decisions or policies, nor was this discussion about deciding any policies. It, again, was our diplomatic team doing their job: assessing how world events and potential world events might affect our plans and agenda.
  • The first any higher gov heard of this discussion was when it was discovered that it was public information.
  • This log was not deliberately leaked. It was posted on the site on the assumption that it would either remain hidden or that no one would actually take the time to go and search for such a log. Clearly, this was a mistake.
  • Yes, our Marauders made a mistake; no, we are not firing or expelling anyone.

And now, for the enlightenment and enjoyment of all, and not just the select few, I present the logs: http://!@#$%*.com/d4ee1ff5f

Signed on behalf of the Darth Council and the New Sith Order,

Sith Lord Heft

Edited by Heft

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some are already aware, the logs in question from outside sources aren't quite what they appear. They were based on a private phone conversation he and I had where he referenced some jokes regarding the CnG - Purple tension on the OWF. Based on my own previous observations of the tension, I thought it best to try and keep my alliance distanced from the situation until we had a better understanding of what was going on-hence the logs. It was not done out of spite for either side, in fact I consider several people on both sides to be friends. I was simply looking out for the safety of NSO by attempting to push back any treaties involving a military commitment for the time being. I made a mistake/error in judgment, I apologize to =LOST= for any damage or embarrassment this may have caused, and I hope that we can continue to move forward and make positive strides in our relationship.

OOC: Due to moderation rules regarding hostmasks/IP addresses, the link I posted isn't the original link. That link will only be up for a day, after that you can find the original which is set to expire a month from whenever it was posted.

Read the logs and at first thought they were posted on purpose (as I have much respect for NSO cunning) almost disappoints me more to know that they were real. But seriously the content isn't that bad, any alliance with any plan to survive has hypothetical and tosses ideas around when new info comes to light.

I know I wasn't the only one that was none too pleased to see logs/conversation of yesitsbobby, a close friend and ally of MK's, faked/taken out of context, but if it wasn't done to be manipulative or spiteful then it can be interpreted as nothing other than a mistake and shouldn't be dwelt on.

Ultimately, no harm, no foul. I'm glad you guys were open about this at least.

Yup. We're rolling purple at update. TOP, you can have our seller list, all 13k tech of it, since we won't be using it for the time being.