Announcement of the New Sith Order

Heft

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come now, if we actually did roll purple we couldn't make jibes about it here anymore. You think we would want to give up that for an actual war? I mean, it would be so cliché to actually roll purple after discussing it so publicly and for so long.

I for one would miss the friendly and engaging banter I enjoy with various purple fine gentlemen in such a sad event. For indeed, there are many fine gentlemen located on the purple sphere. :wub:

BRB

/me goes to get hip waders from the New Jerusalem Farmville complex

Ok, back. Sorry, it was getting pretty deep in here.

Athens has no interest in Purple blood. Got it. ;)

BRB

/me goes to get hip waders from the New Jerusalem Farmville complex

Ok, back. Sorry, it was getting pretty deep in here.

Athens has no interest in Purple blood. Got it. ;)

Oh I'm not saying we wouldn't enjoy warring purple if it became necessary to do so, but if we really intended to attack purple at any cost, no matter what, without a good reason - as these logs suggest - do you think I would be composing haikus about "rolling purple" and publishing them in this very public venue, as I did the other day? Well today I will commission a new haiku, specifically in your honor ChairmanHal. :3

Hello purple friends

C & G loves you

Stumpy watches over all.

Oh I'm not saying we wouldn't enjoy warring purple if it became necessary to do so, but if we really intended to attack purple at any cost, no matter what, without a good reason - as these logs suggest - do you think I would be composing haikus about "rolling purple" and publishing them in this very public venue, as I did the other day? Well today I will commission a new haiku, specifically in your honor ChairmanHal. :3

Hello purple friends

C & G loves you

Stumpy watches over all.

Thank you for the poetry.

I also have been around the rodeo long enough to know that C&G wouldn't make the move unless they had what they believed to be a solid CB and enough backing to make the war something other than a coin flip. Barring those conditions hell will indeed freeze over before an offensive would be launched.

Hello purple friends

C & G loves you

Stumpy watches over all.

Your Haiku is 8 syllables long in the second row, if you say "complaints and grievances" but only 7 without the "s" D:

Surly this is proof of the insincerity of C&Gs love for purple.

Edited by James Maximus

Com'pleynts' &' greeves'es' loves' you' = 7 :)

Oh silly me, going by the correct spelling. The love of the haiku now shines though my heart, Thank you Bob Janova. Infact...

Londos Haiku sup with you?

Just a misunderstanding

C, G, and purple

Edit:

C & G loves you = 5 syllables. You say it exactly the way it is written.

But the second line is supposed to be 7 :/

Edited by James Maximus

Oh silly me, going by the correct spelling. The love of the haiku now shines though my heart, Thank you Bob Janova. Infact...

Londos Haiku sup with you?

Just a misunderstanding

C, G, and purple

Edit:

But the second line is supposed to be 7 :/

[OOC]

Oh, I wrote it in 5-5-7 meter.

HK: First of all, please remember that the 5 / 7 / 5 rhythm of Japanese haiku is not of seventeen syllables but seventeen beats. These seventeen beats are like the pulsing of the heart of the Japanese language.

Given this, two things are apparent. First, a Japanese haiku composed of seventeen beats is acceptable, even if it does not necessarily have seventeen syllables. Moreover, there are also haiku with 5 / 5 / 7 and 7 / 5 / 5 beats. However, if rhythm is considered unnecessary from the start, the result is not a haiku. Haiku is poetry, and rhythm (beats) is the life of poetry.

Second, the 5 / 7 / 5 beats are the rhythm of Japanese haiku only, and thus the requirement does not apply to haiku written in other languages. To begin with, it is meaningless for haiku in other languages to adhere to the Japanese 5 / 7 / 5. What should one do then, when writing haiku in another language? It is best to determine the rhythm of the heartbeat of that particular language

http://www.simplyhaiku.com/SHv7n1/features/Kai.html

[/OOC]

[OOC]

Oh, I wrote it in 5-5-7 meter.

http://www.simplyhaiku.com/SHv7n1/features/Kai.html

[/OOC]

And yet I didn't even notice the third line had 7.... alright so today I learned... 1, lolSithlogdump 2, some Haiku poems are 5-5-7 and 3, C&G have love for the purple.

*starts to take notes*

Alright anything else I should know?

your sig is humorous

I once made a sig that made fun of Alterego's sig. He told me that imitation is the highest level of flattery, or something like that. I feel like this statement is ironic now.

EDIT: Sick Doitzel burn, by the way.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

I once made a sig that made fun of Alterego's sig. He told me that imitation is the highest level of flattery, or something like that. I feel like this statement is ironic now.

EDIT: Sick Doitzel burn, by the way.

Oneupmanship isn't imitation. Using my argument to make your point is imitation. :lol1:

What I get from this is that the outside world is completely incapable of properly interpreting CnG memes. Rebel Virginia probably should have picked up on that one, but, no harm, no foul.

Quiet outsider scum. Until you finally join a CnG alliance, you aren't allowed to get it either.

Have to say most alliances in some shape or form have hypothetically tried to predict the next war.

But are most so far off? I remember in the lead-up to the Karma War, a member of (I think) a Ragnabloc alliance's government basically listed off both sides pretty much exactly as it went down, mind you this was long before it was clear the war was even going to happen... I remember because we were all so amused and slightly horrified that it was so obvious. :lol1:

Quiet outsider scum. Until you finally join a CnG alliance, you aren't allowed to get it either.

I can't. I have to be on the moralist side, ready to pounce on you CnG fellows when the time is right.