Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

snip

spammessage.jpg

snip

While Im not sure this should have been brought publically I believe Avalon has a point. If you look at the above message it states "vote for ** this month". This is a pretty standard message sent out by many of the alliances informing their members who to vote for this month. Stickmen know that we are on a rotational senate and the wording could be misleading. I realise this is nit picking but this message could be read as them trying to trick less active members of alliances with an official message. I can understand why Avalon would be upset. That said while we choose to rotate canidates as far as i know its an open senate race on the sphere as a whole who dont belong to any of the unity treaties, good luck to Kriekfreak in his bid for a senate seat and well played stickmen you continue to bring us even closer together.

Edited by Buds The Man

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Im not sure this should have been brought publically I believe Avalon has a point. If you look at the above message it states "This month vote for". This is a pretty standard message sent out by many of the alliances informing their members who to vote for this month. Stickmen know that we are on a rotational senate and the wording could be misleading. I realise this is nit picking but this message could be read as them trying to trick less active members of alliances with an official message. I can understand why Avalon would be upset. That said while we choose to rotate canidates as far as i know its an open senate race, good luck to Kriekfreak in his bid for a senate seat and well played stickmen you continue to bring us even closer together.

Nice conspiracy theory, but I'm not buying it.

Plain and simple; It's a request for a vote. Elected officials have been doing this sort of thing for a little while now. Its really nothing new.

While Im not sure this should have been brought publically I believe Avalon has a point. If you look at the above message it states "vote for ** this month". This is a pretty standard message sent out by many of the alliances informing their members who to vote for this month. Stickmen know that we are on a rotational senate and the wording could be misleading. I realise this is nit picking but this message could be read as them trying to trick less active members of alliances with an official message. I can understand why Avalon would be upset. That said while we choose to rotate canidates as far as i know its an open senate race, good luck to Kriekfreak in his bid for a senate seat and well played stickmen you continue to bring us even closer together.

No...It says "Please Vote for for Michael De Ruyter this month."

Heh, you edited it. >_>

Edited by Shovel

Have you never heard of the NPO? :rolleyes:

Um. What does Avalon and the Purple senate have to do with us?

Anyway, on topic, I don't think this announcement was warranted. Avalon may well wish to stay uninvolved in the senate, and more power to them, but sending people voting messages doesn't effect that. As long as Avalon members are informed of their senate policy, no harm is done.

This virtual slap on the wrist is not only ridiculous, it's outrageous.

What is the problem with sending out information requesting people to vote for a candidate? What is the harm in this at all?

You don't understand Avalon. They're damn good people, and they mean well with this - you did something they don't feel is honorable, and to them, honor is everything, so they are bringing the issue to public light. Nothing more, nothing less. You're free to say "Cool, won't happen again" or you're free to grand stand here, which I suspect some of you will do. Up to you, really, how you want to convey your alliance.

(<3 iFOK)

Um. What does Avalon and the Purple senate have to do with us?

Anyway, on topic, I don't think this announcement was warranted. Avalon may well wish to stay uninvolved in the senate, and more power to them, but sending people voting messages doesn't effect that. As long as Avalon members are informed of their senate policy, no harm is done.

They openly spam members of other alliances... :mellow:

I feel Private Channels would serve your purpose better, but this is probably the first I've heard of someon complaining about their members being asked to vote for someone on the team senate.

Private channels? What is wrong with airing out grievances to the world at large? It is best for everyone to know the behaviour of any and all alliances, and also how they react once certain behaviours have come to light.

You don't understand Avalon. They're damn good people, and they mean well with this - you did something they don't feel is honorable, and to them, honor is everything, so they are bringing the issue to public light. Nothing more, nothing less. You're free to say "Cool, won't happen again" or you're free to grand stand here, which I suspect some of you will do. Up to you, really, how you want to convey your alliance.

(<3 iFOK)

Thanks Penkala, for clearing that up for me. I was so confused until you came along and explained this to me. Now I'm perfectly clear on all the issues involved with this....

.... And its still a joke.

We sent out messages encouraging people to vote for a candidate we support. Big deal! To get mad about this is to admit that you're afraid outside thinking will negatively effect your election.

Private channels? What is wrong with airing out grievances to the world at large? It is best for everyone to know the behaviour of any and all alliances, and also how they react once certain behaviours have come to light.

How about working out an issue privately, before making a big stink over it.

I know I certainly wouldn't have gone public without at least 2 attempts to get a workable solution via private channels. It's the polite thing to do.

If my results weren't satisfactory, then game on.

For some fairly obvious reasons, I'm having a hard time understanding that, but it sounds like you're about one step away from marching into Poland.

If you are treaty-bound to vote for a candidate, do it, but don't get all huffy with the people who promote an alternative. Sounds like what's really getting you all upset is that you don't seem to have enough open communication with your nations to let them know who to vote for.

We are far from marching, just stating our support for what Avalon has posted. We are far from being huffy about it, far from being upset, and tbh, hats off to stickmen for securing a spot. However we disagree with the tactics used in spamming other alliances with treaties regarding senate seats, or independent alliances such as Avalon without coordination with their government first.

It depends on your goal I suppose. If you are hoping to rectify the situation and move forward in a better light, you are more likely to accomplish that through private channels. If you are hoping to call out an alliance on a public stage in the hopes of embarrassing them, or something to that affect, then I suppose this is the proper way to do that.

To everyone "hailing" the Stickmen, one must wonder how you all would be reacting had the roles been reversed and Valhalla pulled a stunt like this and messaged every member of the Stickmen trying to get it to come off as an official alliance message.

Somewhere out there is a golden rule that once existed but seems to have long been forgotten.

To everyone "hailing" the Stickmen, one must wonder how you all would be reacting had the roles been reversed and Valhalla pulled a stunt like this and messaged every member of the Stickmen trying to get it to come off as an official alliance message.

Somewhere out there is a golden rule that once existed but seems to have long been forgotten.

Yeah, we obviously tried to make it look like an official alliance message. Please, spare me.

Edited by Shovel

You seek to shutdown freedom of speach?

*MagicalTrevor* puts another black mark against purples name

I think perhaps Avalon simply wishes to be placed on the Planet Bob "DO NOT CALL" list. Put another way, Stickmen's generous offer of a free webcam for taking a "brief" survey is Avalon's spam.

If not nipped in the bud, I'm pretty sure Stickmen would be sending all of Avalon a Senate advertisement every time there is an election. This takes care of that, though private channels may have been better unless they had some larger point to make about Stickmen's behavior or wanted to alert all other Purple alliances of the ads/spam.

On the Drama Llama Scale this one doesn't even merit opening a bag of popcorn for the microwave to be honest.

Thanks Penkala, for clearing that up for me. I was so confused until you came along and explained this to me. Now I'm perfectly clear on all the issues involved with this....

.... And its still a joke.

We sent out messages encouraging people to vote for a candidate we support. Big deal! To get mad about this is to admit that you're afraid outside thinking will negatively effect your election.

The problem is that there is nothing within that spam message that identifies which alliances the senator is aligned to, and as such its possible that the voters may be voting for your senator when they would rather vote for one that their own alliance has approved. The fact that this information is missing is why people can misconstrue this as an impersonation of a purple unity member asking for the vote.

Other than that I dont see a real problem here, and nations should have the common sense to check whose alliance thatthe author of the message belongs to anyway, particularly if they are unfamilar with the sender.