Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

You can believe whatever you want, but iFOK for sure isn't a proxy of FOK. They are a sovereign alliance like all our allies.

Thats laughable

Then why continue to square dance with them instead of calling them out for what they really are?

Probably because FOK is well connected, however with iFOK they can mess with whoever they want without fear of reprisal or bad PR.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either way the offer is open to all of stickmen regardless.

what you offer is a one way street. what everyone on purple has always offered has been a one way street. the onus has always been placed upon the stickmen to make the effort. it's always "here's a list of places you should come to get to know us..." there's never been any effort in the other direction, it's always been "stickmen must make all the effort or on their heads be it if everything goes in the toilet"

Edited by Jingoist

I don't see what the problem is other then it maybe being spam...

Also shirley if Avalon and it's members are neutral and have always been neutral why would your members vote? Why worry...?

Unless Avalon already vote on purple and this announcement has been made because your members actually voted for the wrong guy?... ;)

This reminds me so much of when I made an announcement on behalf of TDO.......

I think that purple was wronged and deserve an apology, but that is my own personal opinion and stance.

Yeah, we're really really really sorry for taking the senate seat that these alliances who call themselves "purple unity" do not own.

Yeah, we're really really really sorry for taking the senate seat that these alliances who call themselves "purple unity" do not own.

It's not about you taking Senate Seats it's about you messaging sovereign alliances.

I don't see what the problem is other then it maybe being spam...

Also shirley if Avalon and it's members are neutral and have always been neutral why would your members vote? Why worry...?

Unless Avalon already vote on purple and this announcement has been made because your members actually voted for the wrong guy?... ;)

We let our nations vote for whomever they wish, we hold no government policy on who they must vote for. But we do not want alliances spamming our nations to vote for anyone, on any side of the spectrum.

Come on Potato really your statement is nothing short of asking how far they are willing to take it if it occurs again. Avalon has already proven there metal in the previous war. I doubt they would escalate it any further than what they have requested here. It seems some just like to pick on the little guy cuz all the cool kids are doing it. Avalon has requested that their members be left alone and apparently some in here feel that is too much to ask. Sovereignty it only works when those bigger allow it.

I however will await the King of Purple to weigh in on this Stumpy what say you. :P

He says as Purple lines up to complain at the Stickmen for having the audacity to attempt a Senate bid.

It's not about you taking Senate Seats it's about you messaging sovereign alliances.

Because we have somehow infringed their sovereign right by sending them a message? :o

No, we would be infringing their sovereign right if we attacked them and forced them to vote for us.

Edited by Shovel

what you offer is a one way street. what everyone on purple has always offered has been a one way street. the onus has always been placed upon the stickmen to make the effort. it's always "here's a list of places you should come to get to know us..." there's never been any effort in the other direction, it's always been "stickmen must make all the effort or on their heads be it if everything goes in the toilet"

You can to their sphere. They had a hold on it long before you even thought of moving there.

I personally support Avalon. They have every right to oppose your silly spam tactics.

o/ Avalon \o

o/ Purple \o

That is EXACTLY what I asked. Congrats on the comprehension skill.

Esteemed Potato of the Mushroom Kingdom. I direct you to our original post as we in essence have already answered your query there:

Avalon does not seek any sort of apology or other political mechanization. We are seeking only to make a public awareness of how and why such violation of common political etiquette can be construed as rude. It is our desire to see this rectified by the cessation of further such occurrences.

Avalon has always been politically neutral in regards to Purple Senate matters. Such that Avalon members are encouraged NOT to vote or to null vote (vote someone who is at the very bottom). Avalon views the Stickmen spam campaign as an attempt to get Avalon members to break our official neutral policy. Though no Avalon nation has done so, it did create quite a bit of extra unnecessary message traffic for us. We find both causing the extra work and attempt to undermine our long standing policy to be somewhat rude. Thus we publicly explain such for ease of permanent reference. There is no ultimatum, and we harbor no ill-will towards the Stickmen.

Wow, no, again, I suggest re-reading the OP. They are neutral when it comes to senate voting. Therefor it is NOT THEIR ELECTION. (Emphasis added to make it easier to understand.)

You are trying to unseat the purple unity candidates, that is why I mentioned the fact that they are not members of any of the treaties. But it doesn't change the fact that this is not something they want to be bothered with and made this post to indicate their desires to the larger world.

This means that you are (unsuccessfully) denying seats from everybody lying outside the borders of your Unity, which effectively means the same thing as declaring your little federation as the rightful owner of Purple. I disagree with this view; it's the Unity that is trying to unseat the Stickmen candidates. The Stickmen candidates, who are the only true rightful senators, the prophets to steer the Purple team towards freedom, away from the incarnation of stagnation that is Purple Unity - a repressive system of democratic centralism.

Esteemed Potato of the Mushroom Kingdom. I direct you to our original post as we in essence have already answered your query there:

LOLOLOL so if we don't stop, we run the risk of being rude?

I can live with that!

Funny how you continually make this out to be PU problem or the PU is saying this. Avalon is a member of the Purple sphere yet belongs to none of the treaties. I personally dont care what you do I think it was a little cheesy but hey thats politics. Avalon has requested you not spam their members. Please quit trying to blow this up to make it look like and PU treaty partners are !@#$%*ing. We support Avalon in their right to request this small thing but other than that not a single member has come in here and went YA dont spam us either. Spam the Valhallans all you want with this message it will do you little to no good. Yes your in the lead for now and if you obtain the seat good for you, you earned it. I find it funny one Stickmen member is saying hey you guys dont want to get to know us and others are giving us the finger.

Splendid! Someone initiates a dialogue on a subject that they feel should be discussed and the knee jerk response is "TL;DR LULZ WTF"

Yeah I know, "you must be new here" etc.

Regardless, I am very glad to see a handful of intelligent replies amongst the rabble babble. I believe that kind words from a worthy opponent (you know who you are) speak volumes about how we Avalonians approach this game. We do not tolerate rudeness, dishonor or immaturity and shall not hesitate to speak (and when necessary, act) against it.

As Astronaut Jones said, "Both parties are going to be scrutinized by the public at large, their behaviour on full display for all to see."

Scrutinize away.

Edited by Majtolycus

Because we have somehow infringed their sovereign right by sending them a message? :o

No, we would be infringing their sovereign right if we attacked them and forced them to vote for us.

That's a matter of opinion. I consider messaging alliances against that alliance's will is a violation of it's sovereignty. You are forcing your messages on them. They say no, you say you don't care. Those members are under the protection and rule of the alliance they choose to pledge themselves to, and if the leadership of that alliance asks that you not ask it's members to vote for another nation, or any nation at all, you should respect that.

No means no.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Canik

Such a tiny matter between two alliances is something that could have been well handled in private. The act of taking it public implies a desire to deliver a different sort of message than "Hey man, could you not do that anymore?" You're either seeking to discredit them or seeking to serve an ultimatum, neither of which is particularly admirable given the nominal nature of their offense.