Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

Avalon's position on this matter is the main reason they aren't a PEACE signatory. This is a very old policy of theirs, which if you guys actually knew anyone on the sphere, you'd have been aware of.

we are aware of a lot of things. the fact that you have made no attempt to get to know us is the main reason you are not aware of the things of which we are aware. be aware. also, awareness of a thing does not necessitate, necessarily, amendment of an intended strategy whether there be awareness or not.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please destroy them for this, I could use some drama.

If you're going to do it, spin it like this:

The senate has access to sanctions, sanctions can easily be used as a weapon of war, ergo attempting to deceive your less-active alliance members into giving away senate positions to potentially hostile powers is a threat to your alliance security, thus is an act of war.

LOL now there is the conspiracy theory well thought out sir well done.

/me takes notes for future reference. :P

What is this exactly? What is Avalon trying to achieve by posting this? At least Invicta was clear about it. They said it was an act of war, since we were "impersonating" their gov. Their declaration of war could be posted any time now, I guess.

Yes, censoring what their members can see is perfectly rational, and we are uber mean for pointing that out.

Thanks for letting me know that all members of Stickmen are open to recruiting - I mean surely you aren't suggesting you censor what they can see...

Thanks for letting me know that all members of Stickmen are open to recruiting - I mean surely you aren't suggesting you censor what they can see...

Sure, if you want. I don't know why your sarcasm was needed with that, have I ever censored any Stickmen members seeing anything? No.

Please, try again.

If you look at the above message it states "vote for ** this month". This is a pretty standard message sent out by many of the alliances informing their members who to vote for this month. Stickmen know that we are on a rotational senate and the wording could be misleading. I realise this is nit picking but this message could be read as them trying to trick less active members of alliances with an official message.

what are we supposed to have said? prithee votest thou for yon candidate this moon?

Sure, if you want. I don't know why your sarcasm was needed with that, have I ever censored any Stickmen members seeing anything? No.

Please, try again.

Never suggested you did - I was simply clarifying your stance since it's a pretty standard and well accepted "rule" that you don't recruit from other alliances. You waiving that for your alliance is information that I'm sure some would appreciate knowing.

The Alliances in PEACE knew of our Senate neutrality, it seems that Stickmen did not. This is our notification to stickmen stating our neutrality in senate elections, and that we do not want this to happen again. It also serves as a reminder to all purple alliances of this policy. It is better to give a public position instead of having to convey our policy in private to each and every alliance on purple.

Or what?

Never suggested you did - I was simply clarifying your stance since it's a pretty standard and well accepted "rule" that you don't recruit from other alliances. You waiving that for your alliance is information that I'm sure some would appreciate knowing.

I don't think pointing out one arbitrary and inconsistent rule is a good argument for supporting another arbitrary and inconsistent rule.

we are aware of a lot of things. the fact that you have made no attempt to get to know us the main reason you are not aware of the things of which we are aware. be aware. also, awareness of a thing does not necessitate, necessarily, amendment of an intended strategy whether there be awareness or not.

The bolded is laughable come on now. There have been attempts met with apathy and little interest. Commucnication requires two parties willing to listen and discuss if you up for it im good with it. Find me anytime on IRC #cnvalhalla Im usually active after 9pm est or in the mornings between 8:30 and 930 am est.

Edited by Buds The Man

What is this exactly? What is Avalon trying to achieve by posting this? At least Invicta was clear about it. They said it was an act of war, since we were "impersonating" their gov. Their declaration of war could be posted any time now, I guess.

I bet you guys had no idea it would upset them either. Completely innocent/ignorant huh?

This is a slippery slope. It will be hard for any alliance to maintain order when anyone can send them messages telling them to do this or that without consequences. This is the same exact argument NSO used to try to recruit from TDO.

However we disagree with the tactics used in spamming other alliances with treaties regarding senate seats, or independent alliances such as Avalon without coordination with their government first.

well next time we disagree with the tactics of your alliance, i'll be sure to let you know in as public a way as possible, k?

k.

I know I'm going to get run out of this thread for saying this and I know I'll regret saying this later but I'll say it anyway.

I like some of the Stickmen members, porksaber especially knows how to ride a tractor like no other. But is it me or isn't their existance on the purple sphere to cause some sort of parity to the most in-tact pro-Hegemonic sphere in the game? Why did FOK put iFOK on green? Was it not to coax the GGA? I don't think it's a secret Stickmen find themsevles at odds with the rest of purple politically and have mocked them once, see the "awards thread." Although it was funny it does create rifts within the sphere which is probably what they want. A credit to the rest of purple remaining calm and tame about all this and trying to bring Stickmen closer to them, but are they really surprised Stickmen doesn't care for them?

Maybe it's painfully obvious, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'll get run out of this thread, I don't know. I just said what I felt. :mellow:

Edited by The AUT

Wow, no, again, I suggest re-reading the OP. They are neutral when it comes to senate voting. Therefor it is NOT THEIR ELECTION. (Emphasis added to make it easier to understand.)

You are trying to unseat the purple unity candidates, that is why I mentioned the fact that they are not members of any of the treaties. But it doesn't change the fact that this is not something they want to be bothered with and made this post to indicate their desires to the larger world.

LOL, no, we're trying to get a candidate elected, and there's a limited number of seats, see?

We're not trying to unseat anyone, YOU'RE trying to keep us under your jackboot; fascist.

Edited by porksaber

Yes, you said it is not their election because they are not part of purple unity...that is still saying it is only your election if you are part of purple unity treaties. You may want to re-read what you posted. ;)

I did put those two separate sentences on the same line.

That is poor judgement on my part.

I should have broken down each sentence to a new line.

The OP states that they are neutral in sphere senate voting.

That is the reason it was not their election.

I mentioned that they are not part of the unity treaties as a suggestion as to why they might be neutral in the sentate elections.

Those definitely could have gone on different lines, so yes, I apologize.

To Avalon, I thank you for making your position clear despite my inability to re-state it as clearly. :(

How did they "isolate" themselves in a very specific way by being on Purple?

And you can get pissed if you didn't sit down at that bartender's bar... ;)

They chose to isolate themselves from Senate elections. So unless every nation on purple knows that, it is certainly possible that grunts would include them in voting messages. As long as the AA isn't listed in the search features, that mistake will continue to happen. While I understand that Avalon has made their thoughts known to other Purple alliances, they are asking for something rather tedious and complex. A better policy solution would have been to make it clear to all of Planet Bob that they don't partake in Senate elections and then notify their members to ignore Senate election messages.

ooc:

Back to the bar analogy, if you don't drink, then don't make a huff about it if someone asks you what do you want to drink. You're in a bar and it's completely normal and socially acceptable to assume that person is also drinking alcohol. Maybe you're not sitting at the bar, but you are indeed in an establishment that serves alcohol.

The same could be said for vegans at a huge BBQ competition. You're gonna get offered some sweet, sweet meat...because you're there and it's natural to assume that you'd want some.

Edited by General Ozujsko

what are we supposed to have said? prithee votest thou for yon candidate this moon?

no simply vote for Mike for senate. This would be putting his name out for voting by saying this month it could be interpreted as part of teh ongoing rotation on Purple. I believe I addressed that in the first post but if you need it spelled out for you im more than happy to assist another member of purple. :)

Or what?

Stop just stop really we understand Potato MK is on top of the world we get it really.

The problem is that there is nothing within that spam message that identifies which alliances the senator is aligned to, and as such its possible that the voters may be voting for your senator when they would rather vote for one that their own alliance has approved.

if people don't know how to click on the name of the person who sent out the message then i don't know what to tell you other than that's not really our problem.

LOL, no, we're trying to get a candidate elected, and there's a limited number of seats, see?

We're not trying to unseat anyone, YOU'RE trying to keep us under your jackboot; fascist.

I make no judgements on that fact that you're trying to get a senate seat.

But you are unseating a one of "our" candidates due to the previously mentioned limited number of seats.

I don't actually have an issue with you guys trying to get elected, and even your tactics in trying to do so seem reasonable.

The message was a little ambiguous, but not outright deceitful so I have no issue with that.

The only thing I'm responding to in this thread is the suggestion that Avalon cannot come to these forums to ask everyone to respect their right to stay uninvolved in senate politics.

There have been few if any members of purple unity here that have said stop spamming our alliances, all of us have just supported Avalon's desire to not be spammed.

I believe they are requesting that you honor their senate neutrality. The "Do not call" that a few people said prior to this seems to sum it up pretty well.