Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which alliance that I once led has been absolutely fantastic at flying under the radar? There's your underrated alliance right there.

Overrated? I dunno. I'd say recent history proved rather conclusively that Pacifica doesn't always prevail, but does that make the NPO overrated? Beats me.

Calling MHA over-rated is a mistake. If anything they would fall under the category of under-rated. As for the Grämlins, well they have a healthy and robust amount of military and fiscal muscle there. SO i would think that what would seem to be over-rating is actually a correct assessment of their capabilities. Both these alliances had a good showing in the last war, albiet there were not many targets for them to handle during the slow meatgrinder days of the war after the initial rampage, but what i saw was impressive nevertheless.

Not to mention, MHA is a good example of a close community. Vogon Poetry is priceless.

Biggest under rated to me is Umbrella, these guys hardly have a presence on the OWF, but are perhaps the best military pound for pound. OMFG and Kronos are probably up there as well along with BAPS and Argent.

I honestly think these days Sparta is under rated by the vast OWF community. All the slander they have gotten has exaggerated the situation, and on top of that they have been taking steps to change that. I think Sparta may be a suprise next war.

I think TOP is over rated, and hearing some silliness of how we can't be brought down reminds me of what people used to say about NPO. I think we have a good military, and good goverment, but we aren't undefeatable.

Gremlins are not over rated in my opinion. They are really as good as their reputation says they are. And people are over stating thier internal drama, and are over reacting, possibly placing them as under rated.

FOK I don't know why they get over looked by many. People were suprised by the number of WRCs they had when it first came out. These guys are warriors and damn good at war. Politically they are also savy.

ODN is under rated in my opinion, and they dedication to CnG I believe will not faulter. RnR is also under rated in my opinion.

GR is over rated I believe. I think they are the weakest of the CnG alliances.

MK has a reputation that has only been getting bigger and believe much like TOP are over rated. NpO may suffer the same thing, but I think they may actually live up to the hype.

Fark just because they are over looked some times, I don't believe are under rated. I think they have a reputation, and that reputation is about right. Tough combatants, that will never give up.

MHA I believe may actually be over rated. I think they are on par with Sparta but haven't suffered the negative PR that Sparta has, to place Sparta so low on the ratings.

NPO is under rated, expect somthing similar to both IRON and NpO.

IRON I think is rated about right, not over or under. Their last war showed they could fight, and their growth showed they can get organized. Much like Fark and NpO their reputation is deserved.

Edited by Khyber

Also the obvious mentions: Andromeda in their prime, tLC, NSO, Jedi Order.. All the alliances these days run by single personalities because they can't stand not being in charge. Sparta, TOOL and MHA also fit in here I guess but I don't think anyone really rated them in the first place.

Please tell me which "single personality" runs the MHA. Because the fact is while the elected triumvirate "lead" the MHA it is the Members that run the show and they have done for a long long time. As I guarantee you if one person was running the show the MHA would not be the biggest alliance in CN.

Citadel vs Frostbite huh? So you guys planning on rolling us? You really think Frostbite would start such? Very interesting.

I think he was joking but one can dream no. Of a fair and even gentleman's war ^_^

Overrated: Gremlins, TOP, MHA, Sparta. The first two are stat huggers who only really stand for the side that will let them protect their stats, the second two have a bark far worse than their bite.

Really DK, Gremlins stat huggers? You must be forgetting the fact the were the only alliance with the balls to say what they thought during the pax pacifica. And alliance that bore the large brunt of the top end warfare with iron with fellow coalition allies in the Karma war. Guys who fought to the last in GWIII, they even threated to nuke the NPO. What else am i missing. When they knew they were high on NPO's kill list, and after the noCB war they stuck to their principles and left tC. Even going as far to create a codex of war which made their stance on how that war was managed very clear. assuring it would never happen again.

On my former alliance the MHA. I think you'll find that our bark is quiet. And with what we have learned in the Karma war i assure you when we bite, it may not be the blow kills you like a paradoxian or a gremlin but it sure as hell ill put you in a world of pain. As while it's a 600+ man alliance there is a solid veteran core in their that has been ready to fight and die for the MHA since GWIII.

Will MHA come out as a serious power or maintain itself mostly keeping its head down?

That's not MHA's style, we keep ourselves to ourselves. If t becomes any different it won't be the MHA i used to know.

I think he was joking but one can dream no. Of a fair and even gentleman's war ^_^

Yes he was, but you honestly think that Citadel and Frostbite lining up against each other is a fair and even gentlemen's war at this point in time?

The Citadel is full of statwhores so I doubt the war would last a full cycle. Frostbite wins in a blowout :P

i think frostbite would dominate, NpO is so god damn powerful and wouldnt be afraid to sacrifice some infra. as for a gentlemens war id hope the nukes would be flying, get that grl up again!

i think frostbite would dominate, NpO is so god damn powerful and wouldnt be afraid to sacrifice some infra. as for a gentlemens war id hope the nukes would be flying, get that grl up again!

You're not one to catch Feanor's sarcasm, are you?

I think TFD is an underrated allaince. Nobody really talks about them but they come from an econmoic backround mostly so they are well organized. Then they started working on their military so there going to be a pretty mean allaince for their size soon(if not already)

Over rated: TOP and NPO ( serouslys NPO aren't what they used to be ) and Sparta last time I watched them membership whores and a half

Underratted: GR only casue most people say they are the weakest in CnG but they are pretty dam active and organized and do a great blitzed when I was a member anyway

FARK as above loyal member well ready to die

Also just saw FOK stats nice guys

CSN forced not to mess with in the next war

Also Andromeda sucked :P

Overrated: Invincta and Legion, | GDA, NADC, WTF, GPA and TDO are overrated stat-wise.

Underrated: FCO, BAPS NEW, FAN, Nordreich, FARK and Molon labe, these alliances can fight like hell but you don't hear much about them. Invasion and nation-based alliances are in general much stronger than the regular alliances but they tend to be really quiet on the cn forums and are more active on their home boards.

Yes he was, but you honestly think that Citadel and Frostbite lining up against each other is a fair and even gentlemen's war at this point in time?

It could be. But i was thinking more of a team captains who choose alliances sort of gentleman's war. As in those in the smoky backrooms purposely try to make it such a close call that people stick to their predetermined side.

You're truly an amazing analyst, among the best in CN!

Over-rated - TOP. Sorry, guys, not saying you're not great, but you are overrated. Same deal with MK, and I like you guys too, but you're overrated as well.

Under-rated - Fark and FOK, two of my all-time favorite alliances. Another SF alliance in RnR is very underrated. Argent did a number on Zenith in the Karma war and working alongside them made my job a hell of a lot easier; they shouldn't be underestimated either.

Edited by Penkala

Under-rated: Kronos tops my list here... their community is awesome and they are activity based which makes for a rather reliable war machine. I really dig these guys. For me the only tough part is that they are allied to some people I don't have a whole lot of respect for. But that's CN. Kronos are no doubt awesome allies and that is the most important consideration. Definitely people worth knowing.

Over-rated: Most alliances people chatter about most of the time. If community is the most important consideration, most alliances are just a group of age-worshiping imbeciles who desperately try to spam their forums into having a purpose. They are usually also xenophobic and not altogether that welcoming of newcomers and there exists a very clear distinction between the 'big deal' members and the rank and file. That sucks. I hate that. But of course newcomers love to try to gain the favor of the 'big deal' blabber mouths and so their reputation on Planet Bob is reinforced.

I also dislike the big-talking do-nothing alliances. I don't really care if an alliance just wants to have fun and do nothing. But I do find it annoying when an alliance that has never shown its teeth at all rattles its sabre in public every other day sniffing for some controversy. If you're so bored of this game then delete yourself and play something else. It's some rare new form of abuse that has cropped up since a whole generation grew up sitting at their computers deriving their only remaining cyber thrill from antagonizing others. I have found CN has no shortage of these joyless idiots.

I won't defend Sparta because frankly I don't feel like anything has gone on except the massive pendulum of CN public opinion has swung in the opposite direction for a while. Sure, we had a poor performance on the NPO front last time, but most of our bad reputation comes from bitter individuals trying their best to repeat this as often as possible. Many would never have even known had it not become such an echo among embittered NPO and other members. To these sentiments I shrug.

I can honestly say that my hatred for the movie 300 is rivaled only by my hatred for 'Garden State' and I am not alone among Sparta's government or founders. It is easy to believe that we are based off of the most recent heroic portrayal of Sparta if your entire historical education hinges around what's playing at the local theatre. But some of us actually studied classics and enjoyed the idea of being in an ancient greek alliance. Based on the other ancient alliances out there, I guess we weren't alone. You will notice that there is a good deal of attic greek contained in our constitution and to my knowledge none appears in the movie 300. What's funny is seeing a Pacifican reinforce every negative stereotype about NPO total lack of interest in other alliances and its members total ignorance about the rest of Planet Bob. I hope that Pacifica is getting better and I've seen evidence to believe it so I don't want to condemn the entire alliance on one surly man's outbursts.

What has been more upsetting to me is seeing several alliances I personally extended an olive branch to only to have it more or less slapped from my hand still weighing in against Sparta. We're not bad fellas over at Sparta and if you'd give us the time of day, you might learn that. But we don't mind being the unpopular kid on the block for a while. People and alliances that spend their time worrying about whether or not their alliance is cool are probably not for me anyway. Every alliance has some skeletons in its closet, but one thing you'll notice is that Sparta will always engage with you and speak about them. We don't try to pretend that we haven't had problems, we try to fix them. I'm proud of my time in Sparta, even when we looked bad, because I knew that Sparta had my back even when I looked bad.

You're not one to catch Feanor's sarcasm, are you?

i clearly saw the sarcasm in the post, and was just offering a more serious opinion on it. i have great respect for the power both blocs have, its just a harmless opinion on who i think the winner would be.

GR is over rated I believe. I think they are the weakest of the CnG alliances.

Actually they're the third weakest. colbert.gif

Yeah yeah, I know what you're saying. GR has gone through some changes and a little retraction over the last six months or so but you're not giving them enough credit. GR has an active and loyal base, a good history of competency, and it says a lot that they're the only alliance OBR has seen fit to sign a MDP with. I'd wager GR can go toe to toe with any comparably sized alliance out there.

Over rated: Invicta, MHA, MA, STA, OG

Under rated: ODN, Sparta, Melon Labe, NEW, Vanguard

Vox. Vox was essentially useless except for slowing the Karma wars beginning down. Their constant involvement caused Anti-Pacificans, but also anti-Vox alliances to become more moderate and not make the steps that were ready to be taken at the close of the WotC. They were entertaining and things said in the threads(NOT by Vox members) may have changed things a bit, but on the grand scale of things, they were counterproductive in my opinion.

Vanguard. Much the same as Vox only to a lesser extent.

Given the developments over the past twelve months, I think I will take being compared to Vox Populi as a compliment.

Really DK, Gremlins stat huggers? You must be forgetting the fact the were the only alliance with the balls to say what they thought during the pax pacifica. And alliance that bore the large brunt of the top end warfare with iron with fellow coalition allies in the Karma war. Guys who fought to the last in GWIII, they even threated to nuke the NPO. What else am i missing. When they knew they were high on NPO's kill list, and after the noCB war they stuck to their principles and left tC. Even going as far to create a codex of war which made their stance on how that war was managed very clear. assuring it would never happen again.

Um, what? The Gramlins weren't the only alliance to speak out against Pacifica. Numerous did. Gramlins were NPO MDoAP partners, who would sometimes speak up but took forever to act and finally leave.