Zhadum reveals NPO information: organized logs

Viluin

My favorite part was the nonsense speculation about NSO. I also found it interesting that Zha continually lambastes the FA team for getting it wrong while displaying a pretty stark lack of understanding about how the NPO/IRON relationship fell apart. In any case, going through all this subterfuge to get rid of Zha seems a bit unnecessary, since there was plenty of legitimate reason to remove him from power already.

But it's not the first time they've gone through the trouble of doing so.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's undoubtedly a biased viewpoint, but it was worth the time spent reading the logs. What really tickled me was just how wrong the NPO's idea on who would fall where for the Karma War was. (Incidentally, you'd have stood a much better chance with TOP and MHA if you hadn't held a Continuum meeting without them the day before the war.)

I believe they had already given their notice but TOP was already in the know and were attempting to moderate.

to be fair Invicta are smart, intelligent, and genuinely nice people. GGA... not so much, on all 3 counts.

I'll pay the nice, but with regard to NPO, it remains to be seen if they are smart or intelligent.

GGA pre-Karma War was seriously deficient in all three areas. Post-Karma? Who knows. We'll see.

Awesome, lets take a thread about Zhadum leaving NPO and use it to take ill-informed shots at GGA. Fantastic.

if you care, i can take pot shots at your spineless alliance as well.

No, that wasn't a shot at GGA so much as defense of Invicta. I don't agree with much of what they have to say but they've always come across as decent people, and halflinger is an intelligent fellow.

also this thread is as much about the contents of the logs (which includes Invicta's relationship with NPO) so i guess i'll say what i want in regards to that ;)

That's what GGA said. :awesome:

Pshh GGA are getting better.

I didn't really learn all that much that was new from this, but most of the new stuff was either pretty intuitive or NPO's odd ideas/wishful thinking about which allies would back them up in butchering their own allies. I still get a chuckle out of reading that.

Awesome, lets take a thread about Zhadum leaving NPO and use it to take ill-informed shots at GGA. Fantastic.

Agreed - any lesser alliances, which is most, would probably have disbanded had they reached the point that GGA did. They do seem to maintain a number of virtues that many alliances in the upper tiers otherwise lack.

The viewpoint of Pacifica at the start of the Karma war was interesting,

For the rest all what was said about independent fiefdoms and bickering between IO's is what happens in every alliance, and I for one don't find it particularly interesting because it is now the NPO were it happens.

Pshh GGA are getting better.

Thus the 'said' in my post.

I was referring to GGA around the Karma War period and slightly before when the big reveal of the hand up their back happened.

Agreed - any lesser alliances, which is most, would probably have disbanded had they reached the point that GGA did. They do seem to maintain a number of virtues that many alliances in the upper tiers otherwise lack.

Their only 'virtue' that kept them from disbanding was that they weren't allowed to.

Edit: Truly, a carriage return makes a lot of difference.

Edited by Arrnea

Took you long enough to fire him Moo, this is long overdue.

[18:00:20] <@Lord_of_Destruction> Zhadum - who then should have been promoted?

[18:01:26] <Zhadum> Well, at the time, Zeta or MaskofBlue I would have said were better choices, or, if they waited a while, Elegarth showed a lot of promise

[18:19:15] <+Zhadum> He got complacent at the top, started appointing friends to top positions instead of people who earned it, and the NPO started falling apart

[18:39:10] <+Zhadum> Yes, we weren't aware the entire relationship between FARK and the NPO was based on private interaction between Dilber and they, Dilber having $%&@ed off some time before without ever keeping up relations

Oh Zha, MoB as an IO. Really?

And Dilber is in China fyi, tad bit busy ya know?

if you care, i can take pot shots at your spineless alliance as well.

No, that wasn't a shot at GGA so much as defense of Invicta. I don't agree with much of what they have to say but they've always come across as decent people, and halflinger is an intelligent fellow.

also this thread is as much about the contents of the logs (which includes Invicta's relationship with NPO) so i guess i'll say what i want in regards to that ;)

Keep digging. Someday you might strike gold, or at least some copper.

[18:39:10] <&Azaghul[MK]> and then the TORN and NPNO treaties with MK

[18:39:24] <+Zhadum> We considered you a wildcard, but were hopeful

[18:40:04] <+essenia> after stealing their tech, trying to destroy them and diplomatically isolating them

[18:40:12] <+essenia> you saw them as wildcard

[18:40:15] <+Zhadum> Yep

Dear lord, that made my day.

NPO leadership is incompetent, they misjudged their position during the Karma war, NoCB was engineered by NPO, DM and Bilrow were fast-tracked into leadership, the BR is kept in the dark about everything.

The most interesting and revelatory thing about all this is that there isn't anything interesting or revelatory in this.

That was pretty revelatory to me since that is the first I have ever heard that. Guess that must be an double probation super secret IO thing, or the more likely scenario someone hasn't a clue what they are saying in that regard. I tend to believe the latter.

Maybe I am missing something, does this not seem to happen a lot, a person leaves spill his guts and then nothing happens ?

Also I forgot to add, the hordes of NPO who will now come in and try to disprove everything that has been said and pretty much try to smoke screen the whole topic.

Edited by Timeline

Maybe I am missing something, does this not seem to happen a lot, a person leaves spill his guts and then nothing happens ?

Also I forgot to add, the hordes of NPO who will now come in and try to disprove everything that has been said and pretty much try to smoke screen the whole topic.

The smart play is for the most part just let govt say some stuff is false and the general membership keep to discussing this only on their forums.

You have to look at the character of a person spilling their guts. I know alot of people who have left alliances, who don't spill things even if they left on bad terms. This is a pure Jonathan Brookbank action by Zha.

If I am considered part of the horde, I can't prove or disprove anything since everything he "shares" is above my level. I can state for a fact however, there was no deal made for me to be fast-tracked into leadership. I left GGA to join NPO to retire with no thoughts of even still being around.

Edit: Consulting with DarkMistress, she was in the same boat (albeit a big big big boat) of "retiring" to NPO and had no plans of leadership.

Edited by Bilrow

You have to look at the character of a person spilling their guts. I know alot of people who have left alliances, who don't spill things even if they left on bad terms. This is a pure Jonathan Brookbank action by Zha.

If I am considered part of the horde, I can't prove or disprove anything since everything he "shares" is above my level. I can state for a fact however, there was no deal made for me to be fast-tracked into leadership. I left GGA to join NPO to retire with no thoughts of even still being around.

The real thing to look at is what they are saying. That aside, I highly doubt that you did not get special privileges. Others have noted that this has been done before such as the case with NR being promoted to head of intel within a matter of a few weeks or shorter.