At Long Last, the End of the Karma War

Archon

It's been a long road, but we have finally reached the end. A new journey begins though.

I cant even begin to say how proud of TPF I am, and wish to thank our allies so much for the help throughout the war and in the times to come. Special thanks to BamaBuc also for sticking it out with TPF, and helping us in a time of need. Also a thank you to Archon for working very hard with us to come up with these terms.

Here is to the future.

-Airikr, Phoenix Magistrate

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm extremely happy to see our good friends and former protectors reach an agreement to exit this war. TPF has shown extraordinary resilience to withstand the brunt force of those attacking, and took it like men/women. Congrats my friends on peace. Look forward to helping you all rise once again.

o/TPF

Article III ~ Reparations

Section 1

TPF agrees to pay the following in reparations:

- 20,000 tech to Poison Clan, can be turned into money at 3mill/100 tech.

This part is...

...to the Phoenix, I grant with enthusiasm my utmost praise. Godspeed.

I think mhawk probably knows it as well. My theory is he probably couldn't bring himself to agree to pay PC reparation money, but he gave the interim goverment the authority to negotiate peace with the knowledge that they were likely to take a more pragmatic stance.

This theory sounds nice, but is categorically wrong.

mhawk has a lot more fortitude than you give him credit for.

I think mhawk probably knows it as well. My theory is he probably couldn't bring himself to agree to pay PC reparation money, but he gave the interim goverment the authority to negotiate peace with the knowledge that they were likely to take a more pragmatic stance.

Reading comprehension, sir. We're not paying PC a dime. Mhawk got exactly what he wanted, and there's no reason he'd object to these terms.

-Bama

Reading comprehension, sir. We're not paying PC a dime. Mhawk got exactly what he wanted, and there's no reason he'd object to these terms.

-Bama

Will TPF be required to pay whoever IS paying PC though? Or can a third party pick up the tab if they want?

Will TPF be required to pay whoever IS paying PC though? Or can a third party pick up the tab if they want?

As I understand it, people who were already planning to send us rebuilding aid are simply going to redirect the aid to PC.

-Bama

EDIT: No, we're not required to pay them.

Edited by BamaBuc

If I have read the terms correctly anyone can pay the reps to PC, but at the end of the day PC is still getting theirs so they win.

As I understand it, people who were already planning to send us rebuilding aid are simply going to redirect the aid to PC.

-Bama

EDIT: No, we're not required to pay them.

So essentially you are still paying them the reps. The money is just skipping the step where it enters into your pockets. I guess all that matters is that a year from now you can all say that you never gave a dime to PC?

If I have read the terms correctly anyone can pay the reps to PC, but at the end of the day PC is still getting theirs so they win.

To me it looks like a win/win for both. PC gets the reps and TPF can say they didn't pay us. I am assuming that is why the Outside Aid clause was removed.

TPF will rebuild from within until PC reps are paid, something that will bring them even closer I'm sure. Again, congrats to all sides.

It's been a long road, but we have finally reached the end. A new journey begins though.

I cant even begin to say how proud of TPF I am, and wish to thank our allies so much for the help throughout the war and in the times to come. Special thanks to BamaBuc also for sticking it out with TPF, and helping us in a time of need. Also a thank you to Archon for working very hard with us to come up with these terms.

Here is to the future.

-Airikr, Phoenix Magistrate

I frankly would have wished better terms for you. If however these terms are something TPF believes are livable and will allow you to move forward and not stagnate into a tech farm for your former enemies before finally dissolving away, then your supporters through this war have no reason to rant on about the terms or pick them apart.

Conversely, in accepting these reparations and TPF's surrender, those who fought you and those that supported that fight are now being paid for their trouble. I would expect to see in this thread many messages of congratulations. But make no mistake: TPF paid for its past sins in blood. This war should end your complaints about those past sins, whatever they were.

This should also put to an end to all the complaining by the supporters of the victors about TPF not accepting terms because of principle. There should be no, "if you had just listened to me" posts. TPF surrendered at a time and place of their choosing and only they, not you, have a right to determine that time and that place.

If this is, as some suggest, a new era, then let it indeed be a new era.