Tabloid Tribune #149 | Clerk Report Y5.T3.4

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds rather ominous, and I hope that NPO learned a lesson this war. If you do this, when another coalition forms to take you down, you won't be given peace. Ever. If you come out of this war and try to enact the same revenge you did after GWI, it will not end well for you. I honestly want Pacifica to have this second chance. But this IS your last chance. Don't begin trying to knock off Karma alliances one by one, don't try to form coalitions to enact revenge. Realize that the world spoke with this war and said that it is tired of bullying other alliances, destroying communities and running players out of the game. You're being given another chance. Don't screw it up. Because if you do, when the world again mobilizes to take you down, and the world will, you won't be given surrender terms.

The thing is, Karma gave Pacifica terms while fully expecting that Pacifica would rebuild and start picking off Karma alliances. We all know they are capable of it. It's not as if Karma expects them to reform.

Nice work as always from Sir Paul.

Who is he to level such threats? He is Karma, and Karma decides who may live and who will die. Do not question their judgment.

:ph34r:

I for one welcome our new karmic overlords.

A good read, as always, Sir Paul. Hopefully, paulLIST will return soon.

Paying this debt and rebuilding Pacifica means that so much media funding to the Pacific News Network has been impounded that PNN might eventually have to degrade into a one-man show with lots of arm waiving and no support staff.

I for one hope that you are not required to waive your arms. It might make typing difficult.

If, however, you are compelled to waive your arms, then a support staff wouldn't be of much use anyway. I mean....how would you hold it?

About the terms, all I'm going to say is that historically a determination of what terms mean has usually been left to the victorious party. (cf. NPO vs. FAN, Round Two) Nice try, though. 'A' for effort and so on.

So why cant someone join NPO? Was it in the surrender terms that no new nations could join NPO?

Apparently secret terms are so secret that Karma doesn't even know about them themselves yet they wrote them. Temporal Paradox, yes. Draconian? Well lets leave that up to the chorus.

Another great issue Sir Paul. You keep marching one step ahead of the truth o/

It's funny to see complaints about the supposed "change" in terms when they did the exact same thing to MK with our terms, not allowing outsiders to pay despite it not being in the terms, and then extending the 3 month terms when reps weren't finished even though there was nothing in the terms about reps having to be finished for those terms to end.

It's funny to see complaints about the supposed "change" in terms when they did the exact same thing to MK with our terms, not allowing outsiders to pay despite it not being in the terms, and then extending the 3 month terms when reps weren't finished even though there was nothing in the terms about reps having to be finished for those terms to end.

Umm, excuse me, those are STANDARD terms, they should go without saying :rolleyes:

"NPO is evil, they did evil things, we must stop this evil because it's just so evil!"

"Well, NPO did it, so it's not evil when we do it, it's justice!"

You would never see my beloved RAD pull something like this.

Humour seems to not be allowed these days. Pity.

I love how fast people jump on this work, and scream that the NPO has not changed and we are all out to get you still... never mind that we have 6 months of terms (minimum) and largest reps in history to pay.

Anyway, Very good read Sir Paul, don't let the naysayers hold this back in the future.

I think Karma should roll you some more for trying to elawyer your way out of having to pay the reps yourself.

I know man, it's just terrible. You should have seen the planning session, we were all just sitting there rubbing our hands together and planning how to wriggle out of the reps and take revenge on everyone on bob.

haha.

Listen, you know the terms do not allow for others to pay off your reparations. Your leaders know the terms do not allow for others to pay off your reparations. You leaders did not request for anyone else to pay off your reparations. You personally came around and asked if others may pay them off or wave them, knowing the answer would be no, for the sole instance of having something to put in your little paper thingy here.

I would be willing to bet there are many within your ranks that are very, very glad that you don't actually speak on behalf of your alliance, but still...funny read nonetheless.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

I know man, it's just terrible. You should have seen the planning session, we were all just sitting there rubbing our hands together and planning how to wriggle out of the reps and take revenge on everyone on bob.

I KNEW IT!!! :ph34r:

Seems to me that Pacifica is operating well within their surrender terms. Why isn't Karma allowing them to pay their reparations in the manner that was agreed upon?

Probably for the same reason that MK wasn't allowed to pay their reps as agreed to in their surrender terms and had to adhere to unspoken/unwritten rules that were not laid out in the surrender terms themselves.

That aside, more quality stuff from you SirPaul.

Edited by AirMe

According to Finance Minister Frawley, "The key, of course, is to play the long game. The Order intends to hold on to these Kolectively Amalgamated Risk Management Asset (KARMA) investment vehicles for two to three years, until they mature. At that point, the Order will collect on its investment and we are expected to have a return of fourteen fold, or about $287 billion in cash and tech. It will be a boon for the people of The Pacific and propel the fortunes of Pacifica."

Looking forward to this.