A New Era

To be perfectly honest with you, if we wanted to "re-create a BLEU-like bloc" there is nothing that you could do to stop us. Seriously, what the hell are you on about? BLEU wasn't some roving bloodthirsty demon hell bent on the destruction of NADC. BLEU was defending itself from an inept alliance whose senior government member decided to throw to the fires by spying on Polar. The reasons and destruction of BLEU are far in the past, leave it there where it belongs and walk away.

It's an economic bloc yo, relax.

EDIT:

I should clarify the spying on Polar was in-game spying on our nukes, as far as I can remember.

This is quoted from the wiki's page on the NADC-BLEU War. "Both FAN and the independent nation of farung claimed responsibility for the spy attacks cited in BLEU's declaration of war." Hate to break it to you, but the NADC didn't make spy attempts against NpO.

Also, if you would read my entire last post, you would see that I said almost the exact same thing, BLEU's actions are in the past, leave them there and move on.

I recall approaching NADC on several occasions to gauge their interest in joining BLEU, actually. They had no interest in unity. It's mainly because they were a stopping point for refugees from NAAC and CIN who wanted nothing more than to destroy Polar and its allies. While we were willing to move on and forget old grudges for common prosperity they repeatedly slapped down our extended hand of friendship, and factions within NADC worked to weaken Polar and BLEU in general.

BLEU made a serious effort to unite the blue team for our common defense and prosperity. Though it had an ignominious end, it did function quite well for a while. Its economic side created a long lasting prosperity which is still felt today, and its example of principled, collegial cooperation among senators is the standard by which all teams operate now. Militarily, it made a real mess of the Unjust Path before being overwhelmed in the noCB war.

Blunity is similar to BLEU in that some of the principals are the same and some of the principles are the same. We're taking a different tack as far as unity goes though. We're going to develop bonds of friendship through trade, tech deals, and general interaction before swearing our nations to the common defense. Perhaps no defense treaty will ever come from it. If that's the case, so be it. I'd like to see it encompass the entire sphere, but I know certain alliances prize their neutrality and I respect that.

All I can say is that, maybe it wasn't that the NADC was against Blue unity, but that it was against the path that BLEU wanted to take to get there. Though you do have to remember that, prior to the war, the NADC was very isolated. Joining BLEU as a full member would have been unpresedented for the NADC.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quoted from the wiki's page on the NADC-BLEU War. "Both FAN and the independent nation of farung claimed responsibility for the spy attacks cited in BLEU's declaration of war." Hate to break it to you, but the NADC didn't make spy attempts against NpO.

Also, if you would read my entire last post, you would see that I said almost the exact same thing, BLEU's actions are in the past, leave them there and move on.

lol, using the CN wiki as an authoritative source. Look, a major NADC government official admitted to Assington that he organized spy attacks against the NpO. Hate to break it to you, but the NADC did make spy attempts against the NpO.

The NADC in it's past has had a disastrous foreign affairs team, this much I know from my past experience not as a member of Polaris but as a former Triumvir for the Mostly Harmless Alliance. I will not speculate as to whether they are still as ... well... stupid... about foreign affairs as they once were but we can only pray that they have learned from their mistakes.

Back onto topic eventually I hope that all blue alliances can come forth to work with us.

(And, pardon my lapse of memory but wasn't GDA in Agora?)

No, GDA was the eternal almost member who managed to be almost joining from Agora's birth to around the time Agora went on life support - February.

As for Blunity, I know I come a bit late in schedule but it's without doubt a different and interesting concept of treaty. With that said, I wish the best luck to all signatories :)

lol, using the CN wiki as an authoritative source. Look, a major NADC government official admitted to Assington that he organized spy attacks against the NpO. Hate to break it to you, but the NADC did make spy attempts against the NpO.

The rabbit hole goes much deeper :ph34r:

As for Blunity, I know I come a bit late in schedule but it's without doubt a different and interesting concept of treaty. With that said, I wish the best luck to all signatories :)

It's not complete however, until all Blue alliances join.

If my memory serves me correctly, those statements were only made in an attempt to villianize BLEU and create the appearance that BLEU had fabricated (or at least not thoroughly checked) their CB.

The pill was blue silly...

It was definitely the blue pill. I remember because I specifically checked and double-checked to make sure that no red pills got mixed in with our blue pill box this time around.

Edited by Penguin