A New Era

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lists of uninvolved blue alliances are missing Aurora Borealis. Tragic, right? Oh, the life of an under-50 member alliance....

Congratulations on the treaty.

It ain't about the size of the boat, my friend.

It's the motion of the ocean ;)

I can understand why the Agora crowd wasn't able to get in on this, but FCO and 1TF seem like they would have fit well. o/ Blunity

Keep in mind that this will certainly be expanding, in time. It's important not to rush things, but it's my personal hope that many more, especially small and growing, alliances will enter Blunity.

I was a big fan of BLEU as far as trade circles etc., it was run very well and the circles operated smoothly with finding replacements for lost partners (the sheer size of blue helps as it is, the bloc should have no issues). I hope a few of the Polars that spearheaded some of the stuff in the past are still around and willing to do so again.

Congrats on your reaffirmation guys and best of luck.

Absolutely fantastic :D

I miss the days of realpolitik though. :( A bunch of alliances, some not friendly to others, cooperating for the sheer idea of color sphere unification. That's what this game needs more of. Not this mushy friend stuff; I want an imperial BLEU back to its former glory, stomping all over the place.

Keep in mind that this will certainly be expanding, in time. It's important not to rush things, but it's my personal hope that many more, especially small and growing, alliances will enter Blunity.

Not just a hope, but a near-certainty (I mean, unless they say no, which would totally break my heart).

Small alliances play just as important of a role in economic treaties as large alliances do, and just because some are not in this at this exact moment, does not mean they have not been considered.

However, as anyone who's ever worked with a large group of people can tell you (here's looking at you, Karma :P), there is such a thing as having too many voices. Too many voices at once create noise, and nothing gets done.

If anyone is thinking "hey, why not so-and-so? arn't they close to that guy?"... odds are that they will be formally invited very shortly, and they will be just as important to the prosperity of the entire blue sphere as any other member.

Edited by hizzy

Props ... Cato has been wanted Bleu to get back together glad it has

I don't mean to make an example of you, but I would just like to say this to all of those who have said similar things already; this is not BLEU, this is Blunity. It is a treaty for the same original intentions as BLEU was, however it is economic in nature, not defensive and it is not the same as BLEU was. This new bloc both includes new alliances and does not include old alliances of BLEU. This is a new bloc with the same goal as BLEU, but it is in no way the same as BLEU was.

Once again, I don't mean to make an example of you Oda, but you were the last one to post it and, while it was obvious that the accusations would be inevitable, this is not the same as old BLEU and I would just like everyone to know that very clearly.