Official Announcement from Sparta

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, fair point :). I think I must have been building up the feeling from reading through the thread and my brain finally noticed when I got to DK's.

My question then goes out to all the people who are 'congratulating' one party on this – why do you feel like thumbing your nose at the other party? Particularly when they are still allied.

I am willing to bet that certain people do in fact feel that certain other people are in fact better off without a certain other group of people.

Well, I would offer congratulations to one of these two alliances but considering the fact that they are still MDP partners nothing has really changed, so I will withhold my congratulations for now. :ehm:

Edited by Gofastleft

This is the second time recently you've congratulated someone on a treaty cancellation ... Do you think TPF is better off without Sparta? Are you planning to put your swords to some use? Congratulations is a strange choice of words unless you think there is something wrong with the other party.

I find this rather weird considering many are congragulating Sparta on this move, including a member of your's. I guess thing's are magnified when the public opinion swings one way and someone swings another. ;)

I find this rather weird considering many are congragulating Sparta on this move, including a member of your's. I guess thing's are magnified when the public opinion swings one way and someone swings another. ;)

In Bob's defense, he's never given a flying turd about public opinion.

And Gremlins don't frown upon their own members' opinions, so that's irrelevant.

Edited by hizzy

I always suspected TPF was emo, that video sealed it for me. Go easy on the guyliner, JBone, and try not to be so sad all the time.

He quoted Dido lyrics in an internal thread the other day, albeit with the words changed to be warlike and profane, but still, it was Dido...

As for this announcement, I am reminded most of a famous Ambrose Bierce quote on friendship.

He quoted Dido lyrics in an internal thread the other day, albeit with the words changed to be warlike and profane, but still, it was Dido...

As for this announcement, I am reminded most of a famous Ambrose Bierce quote on friendship.

Or perhaps separation from his definition of alliance?

I answered this at the top of thisthe previous page ... please read the thread first :P. Sometimes I make a mistake.

@DK: It is just as rude when other people do it, I guess my annoyance with such snide sniping had been building and your post happened to trigger the response. Also, those VE threads were already enough of a hatefest that I didn't want to make a comment in there :P

edit: you guys post too fast

Edited by Bob Janova

I answered this at the top of thisthe previous page ... please read the thread first :P. Sometimes I make a mistake.

@DK: It is just as rude when other people do it, I guess my annoyance with such snide sniping had been building and your post happened to trigger the response. Also, those VE threads were already enough of a hatefest that I didn't want to make a comment in there :P

edit: you guys post too fast

It wasnt VE's fault, we barely even posted :blush: its everyone else.

I do know about the situation so shut up and stop assuming what I do and don't know. I think I know about all there is to know about the situation that an outside party can know. Also, I love alliances who are allied to my friends and have shown them great respect in every way I've seen. I am praising them just like you mindlessly praise Valhalla and co. for being your allies. I doubt you actually read most of the announcements you stupidly praise. Still mindlessly trolling people you know nothing about though. I see you have not changed either. You have always been my least favorite BAPS member because of your complete disrespect for us and my alliance. Think for yourself mate, and get off my $@! in every thread you and I post in.

EDIT: Also most people like alliances who do what they want them to do and dislike alliances that dont. Thats actually the only reason that people like and dislike each other.

Could you paraphrase? your posts usually make me nauseous so I didnt read it.

o/ Valhalla

Could you paraphrase? your posts usually make me nauseous so I didnt read it.

o/ Valhalla

It's always strange to see people being proud of their ignorance.

Edited by Vilien

If we're thinking of the same quote, I remember that one floating around in my head about 9 months ago too. Don't worry, you'll find your big ship one day just like we did. ^_^

I think it's difficult to argue that communication has been lacking when you share membership in a dominant bloc. If anything, when we were in a bloc we had too much communication and it started getting on everyone's nerves, but I guess I don't really know what the Continuum is like these days. Presumably there were other reasons not made public that are none of our business. However, canceling half of a redundant treaty seems to me to only make any bit of sense in terms of logistics rather than any of the "mushy" arguments that get passed around as reasons these days. That, to me, is how things ought to be.

Good luck to both parties in the future.

I always suspected TPF was emo, that video sealed it for me. Go easy on the guyliner, JBone, and try not to be so sad all the time.

The Phoenix Hungers for razor blades and Fallout Boy.