The Phoenix Federation Speaks

mhawk

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be like asking Greenacres to not be a jerk. It was like asking Greenacres to die and be reincarnated as some Astronaut dude. It would be easier to have TBB be reincarnated as The Big Not-So Bad....and that ain't happening.

I just went into space, and now I'm on planet vorpulon asking fly-$@! space !@#$%*es to bend over so I can see their fat asses. Say word.

On your serious note, the spy was a newer member. As to the tC leaks, I'll just say that a leak isn't the only way to get info off of forums.

There may be more than one way, but seeing as how I have no skills with a computer at all, that really only leaves what actually happened. Some of your leaders spied for me. =O

The best thing in this thread are the responses. It looks like Vox finally realized that the only thing they achieve with spying is getting fooled.

They just didn't check the credibility of the information. It looks like a rush job, like they were so thrilled to have the information and to get the information out that they didn't bother checking to see whether the information they had was credible or not. Those are real forum posts, but anyone who knows those people (aside from slayer, who actually played his part well), you'd know that they just DON'T talk like that. Those posts sounded NOTHING like the actual people doing the postings.

I don't doubt for a second that vox has actual spies with actual decent information, here they just didn't do their job by making sure the information passed certain checks.

It's pretty funny though, so I'm glad they didn't check it.

Can you remember the last "victory" anyone's had over us?

Yeah, me either.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It doesn't make us any less dangerous. I'd say it probably makes us a bit more so because this type of thing generally only happens once. We adapt and overcome. Now that they've wasted all that effort outing a rank and file spy they're going to have to get even more elaborate and technically savvy to pull another operation like this off. I don't buy that it was oh so easy to do, I've done this sort of thing before and it takes planning and effort to do properly. For the purposes they used it for, it was an entirely huge waste of time. We're out a low level spy. They're out a strategy. I'll take it. Tactical loss, strategic victory.

Yeah, I laughed when I realized what was going down. I think it's funny, both that they got me on this one and that they wasted so much in order to win such a small victory over a group of people who really aren't going to be affected much by it except by gaining a new overt member (for a time).

All of our other agents are still in place and are still productive, in many different alliances including TPF. I was telling someone the other night that when this is all said and done I might just open up the Ministry of Science subforums so that people can see just how massive of an undertaking this is. I think all of you, friends and enemies alike, would be very impressed. So we swung and missed on one, big deal. We're back at it today and we're not going to stop until our final objective is attained.

I might just open up the Ministry of Science subforums so that people can see just how massive of an undertaking this is. I think all of you, friends and enemies alike, would be very impressed.

We're under no illusion this ends your little games, however it does please me to add just that much more burden to your "massive" undertaking.

I'm not sure going public with this was a great idea. I mean really you get a great kick out of it sure but Vox learns to be more cautious next time.

Also lol@all the people who suddenly changed from "zomg vox you are so irrelevant this post actually depicts me ignoring you rawr" to "zomg vox you nubs we caught one spy you lost that relevance you never had anyway owait"

Vox and friends response to this is the ebullient of the class dweeb getting pantsed in front of everyone and thinking for some unknown reason that the attention means they matter.

If the 'pantsing' involved a Rube Goldberg-style mechanism to perform the actual trouser removal you might have a decent analogy. The fact of the matter is, they put effort into this. When you expend effort to this degree it is generally because something matters to you.

We embarrass all you Toilet Seat types a lot more often than you get shots in on us. So, by all means, rejoice in your side scoring a point in the intel war. We're still up by like a hundred and it's only going to get more and more lopsided. Since that agent was uncovered last night, do you know how many more people we've had sign on with us to provide information and other technical support? Five, last time I checked my email and one of those is going to end up being a game changer. So your victory is a very hollow one. Our movement is growing, your people are turning on you and you guys are acting like you just hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth to win the seventh game of the World Series. We're not out of the first inning yet, you scored on a passed ball, and your pitcher just threw his arm out.

We're under no illusion this ends your little games, however it does please me to add just that much more burden to your "massive" undertaking.

What burden? Asking one more question before I post something? Oh the horror. Yeah that'll break our backs for sure. You just made us tougher to crack - you should have saved this for something important. This is a one-shot deal and you already shot. I should probably be thanking you for making me tighten up my opsec a little bit.

More to the point than whether this makes Sponge's espionage projects more or less difficult, this case is an excellent illustration of a basic principle.

Sponge claims that his goal is to explain to the ordinary alliance member how decisions are arrived at in the corridors of power. What this little episode has shown is that he doesn't understand TPF any better than he did when he was trying to eradicate the Unjust Path.

Anyone who would believe that incredibly farcical story... well I wouldn't have thought of Sponge as credulous before this.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It doesn't make us any less dangerous. I'd say it probably makes us a bit more so because this type of thing generally only happens once. We adapt and overcome. Now that they've wasted all that effort outing a rank and file spy they're going to have to get even more elaborate and technically savvy to pull another operation like this off. I don't buy that it was oh so easy to do, I've done this sort of thing before and it takes planning and effort to do properly. For the purposes they used it for, it was an entirely huge waste of time. We're out a low level spy. They're out a strategy. I'll take it. Tactical loss, strategic victory.

Yeah, I laughed when I realized what was going down. I think it's funny, both that they got me on this one and that they wasted so much in order to win such a small victory over a group of people who really aren't going to be affected much by it except by gaining a new overt member (for a time).

All of our other agents are still in place and are still productive, in many different alliances including TPF. I was telling someone the other night that when this is all said and done I might just open up the Ministry of Science subforums so that people can see just how massive of an undertaking this is. I think all of you, friends and enemies alike, would be very impressed. So we swung and missed on one, big deal. We're back at it today and we're not going to stop until our final objective is attained.

I applaud your gamesmanship and your chutzpah.

In the words of, well, you.....Bring it.

What burden? Asking one more question before I post something? Oh the horror. Yeah that'll break our backs for sure. You just made us tougher to crack - you should have saved this for something important. This is a one-shot deal and you already shot. I should probably be thanking you for making me tighten up my opsec a little bit.

You were once the leader of a great alliance. now look at you. Doing parlor tricks, spray painting the walls and leaving flaming bags of poo on the doorsteps of the alliances that once held great regard for you. The grudges and resentment you hold towards others is misguided. You lost, get over it. move on.

You were once the leader of a great alliance. now look at you. Doing parlor tricks, spray painting the walls and leaving flaming bags of poo on the doorsteps of the alliances that once held great regard for you. The grudges and resentment you hold towards others is misguided. You lost, get over it. move on.

Okay that's it, the disapproval of thousands of other members of the hegemony rolled off me like water off a duck's back but the disapproval of both Lenny and Karl is just too much to bear. Goodbye cruel Bob

I still am a leader of a great alliance, by the way.