The Phoenix Federation Speaks

mhawk

Okay that's it, the disapproval of thousands of other members of the hegemony rolled off me like water off a duck's back but the disapproval of both Lenny and Karl is just too much to bear. Goodbye cruel Bob

I still am a leader of a great alliance, by the way.

Ok, now that was funny.

and sadly...you are not.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were once the leader of a great alliance. now look at you. Doing parlor tricks, spray painting the walls and leaving flaming bags of poo on the doorsteps of the alliances that once held great regard for you. The grudges and resentment you hold towards others is misguided. You lost, get over it. move on.

Others have done the same, some being your allies, yet..I don't see you attacking them mate?

Honestly, playing the "You lost" card doesn't work. Just my perspective.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Now Blacky,

Why should Vox have all the fun in posting screenshots? Can't we have a little fun too?

NO SLAYER!!! ITS ONLY COOL WHEN VOX DOES IT!!!!!

Ahahahahahahahaha..... I can't stop laughing. :lol: Wow. Owned. Mhawk, I surrender my crown as April Fools Champion.

-Bama

What good fight do they fight comrade?

Nice of you to single a fellow member out over a completely harmless post. Rather unnecessary. Remember not to do it again, it is below your pay grade.

I am somewhat surprised Vox would consider spying on TPF. Is there anything remotely interesting there?

You were once the leader of a great alliance. now look at you. Doing parlor tricks, spray painting the walls and leaving flaming bags of poo on the doorsteps of the alliances that once held great regard for you. The grudges and resentment you hold towards others is misguided. You lost, get over it. move on.

Does this mean you'll be giving us peace?

I would point out though, that his parlor tricks had TPF going through the trouble of setting up an elaborate (albeit predictable) plan in order to catch a spy who had just a basic membership mask. A mask which, by Slayer's own words in other threads, doesn't even reach relevant information.

I mean, imagine if I walked around all the time saying that ants don't bother me. Then one day you're out for a walk or jog [ooc: use your imagination, I know CN players don't get enough sun], and you see me standing in front of my house, laughing and hollering. Behind me, my house is burning down.

"What's going on?" You ask. "I caught that sneaky little ant, right as he crawled under the crack of my front door!" I reply.

That's basically what's going on here.

I would point out though, that his parlor tricks had TPF going through the trouble of setting up an elaborate (albeit predictable) plan in order to catch a spy who had just a basic membership mask. A mask which, by Slayer's own words in other threads, doesn't even reach relevant information.

I mean, imagine if I walked around all the time saying that ants don't bother me. Then one day you're out for a walk or jog [ooc: use your imagination, I know CN players don't get enough sun], and you see me standing in front of my house, laughing and hollering. Behind me, my house is burning down.

"What's going on?" You ask. "I caught that sneaky little ant, right as he crawled under the crack of my front door!" I reply.

I seem to be lost, please point me to where TPF is burning down. Kthx.

-Bama

I didn´t expect that i, and my siblings, start such feelings within some people, but nice that you dedicate an whole post to us :P

in neverending love,

necAnt

I think the analogy you were meaning to make is something like this. "You see Hizzy outside his house laughing. Behind him, his house stands as has always.

As you ask what is going on, he replies "I caught that sneaky little roach, right as he crawled under the crack of my front door!"

Then you remind him that the house could still contain roaches.

Really, TPF isn't burning down. We simply found one spy. There may or may not be another, but no harm in acting as if a spy does still exist.

We embarrass all you Toilet Seat types a lot more often than you get shots in on us. So, by all means, rejoice in your side scoring a point in the intel war. We're still up by like a hundred and it's only going to get more and more lopsided. Since that agent was uncovered last night, do you know how many more people we've had sign on with us to provide information and other technical support? Five, last time I checked my email and one of those is going to end up being a game changer. So your victory is a very hollow one. Our movement is growing, your people are turning on you and you guys are acting like you just hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth to win the seventh game of the World Series. We're not out of the first inning yet, you scored on a passed ball, and your pitcher just threw his arm out.

You've been at this for going no a year. I damn well hope we are out of the first inning by now.

They are an enemy and it is complacent to underestimate any foe.

The best post I've read in this thread. Why is it seemingly such a bad thing to admit Vox's relevance with most people? They had/have spies in the Continuum government forums. They're clearly relevant and clearly a threat. A nice breath of fresh air and some refreshing honesty from mhawk here.

Congratulations on the counter-spying too TPF, I enjoyed this thread. I'm just glad you recognise it's not over because it may mean we get more like it.

What is wrong with you people? TPF does not view Vox as a threat.
They are an enemy and it is complacent to underestimate any foe.

I'll go ahead and listen to mhawk on this one. Seems his views are far more sensible.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

The best post I've read in this thread. Why is it seemingly such a bad thing to admit Vox's relevance with most people? They had/have spies in the Continuum government forums. They're clearly relevant and clearly a threat. A nice breath of fresh air and some refreshing honesty from mhawk here.

Congratulations on the counter-spying too TPF, I enjoyed this thread. I'm just glad you recognise it's not over because it may mean we get more like it.

I'll go ahead and listen to mhawk on this one. Seems his views are far more sensible.

This is why I like mhawk so much, he's always on the lookout for these things, and never underestimates a foe. Personally, I do think Vox is a threat. I have no doubts to the effect of their spying efforts. I would say the question of their adequacy would be in how they could actually use said info. They seem to relish the thought of releasing said info, instead just content to keep on gathering it. All things considered, I would say that they won't release their precious information until they feel they have a full picture. The entire time they have people like Chickenzilla spewing the party line about a spy in Q, and etc. I'll believe Vox will make a difference when I see it. Until then, good hunting gentlemen.

This is why I like mhawk so much, he's always on the lookout for these things, and never underestimates a foe. Personally, I do think Vox is a threat. I have no doubts to the effect of their spying efforts. I would say the question of their adequacy would be in how they could actually use said info. They seem to relish the thought of releasing said info, instead just content to keep on gathering it. All things considered, I would say that they won't release their precious information until they feel they have a full picture. The entire time they have people like Chickenzilla spewing the party line about a spy in Q, and etc. I'll believe Vox will make a difference when I see it. Until then, good hunting gentlemen.

Well they have something in Q. They didn't just pull screenshots of the Q government forums out of their $@!. I bolded a part that I completely agree with. Vox always talks of a backlog, and you just know any of the real big information is only going to come from people that would be immediately outed once it's released. So they're not going to throw all their information out there whilst the people gathering it can continue to do so. This is what would worry me most if I was in an alliance Vox was opposed to. Not what they release, but what they haven't released.

That's what surprises me about Sponge taking the bait here. As well as the hook and half the line too really :lol: I guess getting once over on Slayer given the public image he chooses to present was too much to resist.

Once again, thanks for the lols TPF.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

To be fair, there's a difference between what can be considered an enemy and what can be considered a threat.

Well it would be silly to say "never underestimate your allies" in a spy thread.

You dont know exactly how much of a threat someone is until after its already too late, thats the whole point of "never underestimate your enemies"

Does this mean you'll be giving us peace?

That is not my call, but the current attitude of confrontation, sabotage and malice surely does not help the chances.

I feel that there is an issue with pride blocking many from dropping this attitude and attempting atonement and resolve.

Look at it this way.... Chickenzilla dug out of his troubles, so anything is possible.

Do you think we did that to just to catch a spy? C'mon Hizzy...we did it to catch a spy, and throw a little egg on Spongebob's face. That right there was worth the effort.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It doesn't make us any less dangerous. I'd say it probably makes us a bit more so because this type of thing generally only happens once. We adapt and overcome. Now that they've wasted all that effort outing a rank and file spy they're going to have to get even more elaborate and technically savvy to pull another operation like this off. I don't buy that it was oh so easy to do, I've done this sort of thing before and it takes planning and effort to do properly. For the purposes they used it for, it was an entirely huge waste of time. We're out a low level spy. They're out a strategy. I'll take it. Tactical loss, strategic victory.

Yeah, I laughed when I realized what was going down. I think it's funny, both that they got me on this one and that they wasted so much in order to win such a small victory over a group of people who really aren't going to be affected much by it except by gaining a new overt member (for a time).

All of our other agents are still in place and are still productive, in many different alliances including TPF. I was telling someone the other night that when this is all said and done I might just open up the Ministry of Science subforums so that people can see just how massive of an undertaking this is. I think all of you, friends and enemies alike, would be very impressed. So we swung and missed on one, big deal. We're back at it today and we're not going to stop until our final objective is attained.

Nice spin cycle on this. You speak as if our grand strategy of a canary trap has never been used and will never be used again. You'll just have to wonder what intel is good and what intel is bad... Honestly, I would have spent a lot more time just to make you look the fool...the fact that TPF gov spent less than an hour on this is what makes it so delightful.