TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

Heh, now's the part where the Citadel tries to de-rail the thread with standard mis-direction. Try new tricks sometimes.

Desperation when reason fails, I suppose.

Oh, hey, who tried to derail the thread about Polar CB?

(Cool, now we both called each other hypocrites)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I remember when alliances were isolated and attacked for "speaking their mind" and "being honest." What was your CB against Polar again?

to be honest, TOP and Gre had a legit reason. If Polaris were ever able to isolate TOP, they would have attacked TOP. unfortunately, Polaris got isolated and hit first. While i don't feel that any of the other Coalition alliances had legit reasons, those two did. Also, while some in Polaris spoke their mind and were honest in a respectful way. many trolled as well.

much :wub: still, Random.

Well it was an entertaining read, but honestly to thing bringing up a months old conflict in the Citadel is somehow going to have an effect on the block is an insult to all the member alliances. The fact that Gramlins and OG are still allied in the Citadel should be evidence enough that although they may have had a dispute, it's obvious they value each others friendship.

Incorrect. There have been many discussions regarding this, and both parties need each other more for the realpolitik than anything else.

Numerous times has Citadel, like 3/5 or 4/5, have wanted to expand and OG or TOP strike it down. Typically, they bring up NPO/Q.

No, you can basically boil every argument in Citadel down to a statement coming from OG and TOP about Q or NPO.

I remember when it seemed like the loyalties of those two alliances were more toward Q/NPO rather than Citadel.

Regardless, I respect the fact you are coming out here to defend Reyne even if I know full well most of you are lying through your teeth.

no, that is far from the truth. tech-raids, and actually any current issue from the OWF as well. so it is not solely about Q, OG, or TOP. i think you are allowing your memory to be clouded.

No, you can basically boil every argument in Citadel down to a statement coming from OG and TOP about Q or NPO.

I remember when it seemed like the loyalties of those two alliances were more toward Q/NPO rather than Citadel.

Regardless, I respect the fact you are coming out here to defend Reyne even if I know full well most of you are lying through your teeth.

I dunno, I could a list a bunch of arguments that aren't about Q. Anways, it seems we've come to an impasse, as I don't think there's anyway we could convince you we're not lying. You seem to be pretty sure of yourself.

It was said a few pages back that Grämlins and Old Guard resolved their differences over the codex issue. I'd be curious to know how it was resolved. Did Grämlins agree to go along with Old Guard into wars they didn't like? Did Old Guard decide to respect Grämlins' right to not be dragged into a bad war? Or did they both come to some kind of middle ground?

Edited by Ragashingo

Citadel is an treaty between five 'elite' alliances TOP, Gramlins, OG, FCC and Umbrella that came into existence quite some time ago as a sort of third way between the two sides of the Unjust and ~ (at least that was what it was originally sold as when it was DOVE, it has obviously evolved since then).

Edited by essenia

no, that is far from the truth. tech-raids, and actually any current issue from the OWF as well. so it is not solely about Q, OG, or TOP. i think you are allowing your memory to be clouded.

I hate when my memory is clouded by my memory.

Heh, now's the part where the Citadel tries to de-rail the thread with standard mis-direction. Try new tricks sometimes.

Mate, how in God's name can we take this serious? :( I will be a good boy because I love Raven and he loves me (Am I allowed to say this? :P), but I am trying here. Mine as well just start blaming everyone, would make more sense. For anyone who ever had a different opinion than mine, they are all at fault as of now.

@Fighter26:

Dude, I love DJPenguin.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I dunno, I could a list a bunch of arguments that aren't about Q. Anways, it seems we've come to an impasse, as I don't think there's anyway we could convince you we're not lying. You seem to be pretty sure of yourself.

The arguments are not around/about Q or NPO.

The statements do, however, simplify down to that. "Well, I respect my allies in Q more than you. So I would never let them in Citadel. You may as well kick us out." or "It's politically expedient for us to stick with Q on this rather then your suggestion." I have some good gems.

Desperation when reason fails, I suppose.

Oh, hey, who tried to derail the thread about Polar CB?

(Cool, now we both called each other hypocrites)

I didn't try and de-rail anything. My point was a very specific reply to the point brought up by the OP. To spell it out for you... The common defense so far for why it is okay for a leader to act that way towards their allies seems to be "it's good that she is honest" and "oh that's just Reyne". Well, I seem to remember when the same alliances making this defense decided to punish another alliance for grudges held against a former leader. Grudges based on the fact that said former leader was rude, spoke his mind, was honest to his allies when honesty wasn't wanted, and called folks out when they were acting like jerks.

So I'd say my point was apt. When a former leader of Polar is a jerk in private, it's a CB. When a current leader of OG is a jerk in private, that's just how she is!

Then why did you choose this? Most of this stuff is pretty old. If you're this far behind schedule you need to get working.

I think...he mentioned something about the strategy in releasing certain material in certain times and places as opposed to how new the subject matter was. I'm not a doctor though.

I'm not sure I like the single out...but it would appear that Reyne is the voice of OG or something, so...I am inclined to think this is a commentary on Old Guard, more so than Reyne (are they the same...?). Are we supposed to be nice to people who openly say they condone removing vocal members of their alliance?

Ugh. This one was not as clean as the others.

<_<

I'm torn about this.

I like TWiP, I think the writing is always really entertaining, and I find the information exposed interesting. And in this issue especially, considering how nearly every single alliance mentioned in the screenshots is an ally of GR.

However, I don't like how you chose to single out a single person and victimize her, it's very possible to maintain the entertainment value of this issue without promoting so much hate.

Edited by Virillus

I don't profess to know why TWiP ran this today but the "Greatest Hits" title tends to answer why some of it is old.

It's never a good sign when they have to run a clip show.

We're just bored because we've already seen this.

OG is an elitist alliance that wants to be treated like a superpower? Aren't those two things generally mutually exclusive?

Not really. Alliances with that structure have similar upper ranks to bigger alliances. More members doesn't always mean stronger.

Incorrect. There have been many discussions regarding this, and both parties need each other more for the realpolitik than anything else.

Numerous times has Citadel, like 3/5 or 4/5, have wanted to expand and OG or TOP strike it down. Typically, they bring up NPO/Q.

I can think of all the serious applicants we've had so far and I don't believe that has been a concern for any of them, actually. Perhaps you can refresh my memory on the numerous times?

considering i am still apart of Citadel and can actually look through the Cit boards, yes, your memory is quite clouded.

Oh! The 'I have current access' card! Who can refute that?

More screens, but they are all old. I remember when the forum from which these shots came from rarely had threads of any value. Senior Membership area was the place to be!