TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I got the point. You sought to do a hatchet job on Reyne by using old screenshots and out-of-context posts. Apparently, you guys are so hard up for real intel, you've turned to character assassination...which is par for the course considering that the majority of Vox has no character.

I am genuinely interested: What parts were out of context, what is the true context, and what aspects of her personality have we missed?

I know, I know...why should we all be interested in Reyne's personality? True. I myself likely wouldn't care much for this sort of exposure, but now that she's been portrayed the way that she has, it is only the honorable thing to correct that impression if it is truly the essence of slander.

My condolences to Reyne if she has been hopelessly misunderstood.

Edited by Ventus ex Gutter

I'm not really sure how Continuum leaders can profess to be outraged by any sort of character assassination what with the way sponge has been demonized over the last nine or so months, plus the constant mocking of Vox leaders for being "washed up", "nobodies", "failures", etc and attacking their pasts. I suppose you could argue sponge/vox deserve it but then maybe for the sake of intellectual honesty it'd be better to say Reyne's actually a nice person or otherwise defend her instead of getting worked up about "hatchet jobs".

Reyne was and from what i hear still one of the few Q leaders working actively to get VP members off the P/E-ZI list. how is that not merciful?

Allow me to assist, doch. I wondered that same thing. Mentioned it, here:

Guess what, Reyne was, no kidding, your greatest and hardest working Q member at getting your former mates off lists. Yeah, she did that. Cause she is a nice person. A good person. Like many of those you malign. And you treat her shabbily. I am furious, and I will not work toward getting another one of you peace, cause if you can support this kind of maliciousness, I don't care if your nation is a heap of smouldering ruins forever and anon.

It seems vox is well aware that she worked and works hard on their behalf, as replied to by schat here:

As for working so hard to get terms for Vox Populi--guess what, we knew we were PZI from the get-go. Reyne's hard work came to fruition in the form of ridiculous terms that did not even apply to all Vox members--just the ones that sucked up enough in query. They were, in a word, crap.

So there you have it. She was very kind and gracious. She helped many folks out. Vox was aware. Her work, the most anyone did for them, was not good enough, so they spit at her with this "issue".

No I got the point. You sought to do a hatchet job on Reyne by using old screenshots and out-of-context posts. Apparently, you guys are so hard up for real intel, you've turned to character assassination...which is par for the course considering that the majority of Vox has no character.

Slayer99 lectures Schattenmann on character assassination. Golden.

I'm not really sure how Continuum leaders can profess to be outraged by any sort of character assassination what with the way sponge has been demonized over the last nine or so months, plus the constant mocking of Vox leaders for being "washed up", "nobodies", "failures", etc and attacking their pasts. I suppose you could argue sponge/vox deserve it but then maybe for the sake of intellectual honesty it'd be better to say Reyne's actually a nice person or otherwise defend her instead of getting worked up about "hatchet jobs".

Well to be fair many allies of her are saying those exact things in this thread.

...are you serious?

I simply cannot contend with this propaganda machine!

If you want to back up your claim, be my guest. I'm not espousing propaganda, I'm asking you a question. Yes, I'm serious.

Edit: Looking back, it seems you answered it by saying we have some sort of disease or such. I'm not sure how that answers which alliances we continually deny due to NPO/Q or some such.

Edited by Dr. Dan

Slayer commenting on character assassination ITT

Everytime I read hypocrisy on such a grand scale I black out for a few minutes and when I wake up the thread moves forward a few pages causing me to fall behind. I respectfully ask that you stop so that I may continue my pleasurable reading experience.

I would have to agree. I've read quite a bit of similar statements about people in Vox. I couldn't call it logically consistent to cry foul on something that is done by your side...

So there you have it. She was very kind and gracious. She helped many folks out. Vox was aware. Her work, the most anyone did for them, was not good enough, so they spit at her with this "issue".

You're trying to make Hamburger Helper with a pound of chicken, here.

Reyne's posts are crummy regardless of her "efforts" which were crap to begin with.

She declared war on Vox Populi after a Vox nation attacked a nation wearing the AA "GGA" while Vox was at war with GGA, but which OG claims was a member of OG. So, we're at war.

If Reyne Mordigan, or OG, or any alliance, does not wish to be at war with Vox Populi, they know where to find us about peace. If not, then they know where and when they can find the war every week.

Edited by Schattenmann

No I got the point. You sought to do a hatchet job on Reyne by using old screenshots and out-of-context posts.

The part where she agreed to hating half of CN. That was pretty recent and in context.

Basically anyone who would so much as question which angle to bend over for NPO will be the target of her rage.

I'm dissapointed that ROMMEL mistook the feelings of the public towards TSO as somehow being opposed to TOP via some sort of agenda. This could not be further from the truth. Most of us really like TOP in some cases as much as we do Grämlins.

Despite no longer being with us, Rommel still gets defensive about us.

Rommel :wub:

Well to be fair many allies of her are saying those exact things in this thread.

Yes, I have noted the people actually defending Reyne's character, but there's still enough people crying foul over character assassination, when they've never exactly been above using dirty PR tactics in the past when it suited them, for my post to apply.

Edited by Matthew George

Slayer commenting on character assassination ITT

Everytime I read hypocrisy on such a grand scale I black out for a few minutes and when I wake up the thread moves forward a few pages causing me to fall behind. I respectfully ask that you stop so that I may continue my pleasurable reading experience.

count yourself lucky. i get nosebleeds.

i was wearing a nice shirt and everything. :(

Hey Slayer, I don't want to break it to you, but I'm from Norden Verein. Yeah, remember - the alliance YOU DESTROYED by character assassination. Seriously, just get out. I don't want to hear any more lies about your positioning. You didn't squirm an inch when you condemned over 150 nations as Nazis, and now you pretend to justify one nation.

Edited by Pedron Niall

Honestly, this is a nice thank you to Reyne, who has gone to bat and released numbers of Vox Populi members. As the saying goes, "There is no honor among thieves."

All of you talking about how evil it is to single out someone need to shut your god damn mouths. So many of you were so recently targeting Electron Sponge for being "evil" and "cruel" in NpO with countless extremely boring threads. Grow up. Shes an alliance leader and a controversial one at that, shes gonna get targeted for saying stuff like that, just like you targeted Electron Sponge for saying what he did. Also, stop talking about the lack of Pacifica, thats just you avoiding the subject.

As a side note, the amount of damage control going on in this thread is sick.

Guess what, Reyne was, no kidding, your greatest and hardest working Q member at getting your former mates off lists. Yeah, she did that. Cause she is a nice person. A good person. Like many of those you malign. And you treat her shabbily. I am furious, and I will not work toward getting another one of you peace, cause if you can support this kind of maliciousness, I don't care if your nation is a heap of smouldering ruins forever and anon.

I remember you. I remember getting peace was nice and easy. You were great. Reyne on the other hand was not very easy. So greatest? No. Hardest working? Sure because she made reps confusing and long and drawn out

Honestly, this is a nice thank you to Reyne, who has gone to bat and released numbers of Vox Populi members. As the saying goes, "There is no honor among thieves."

WAIT WAIT, everyone.

Bilrow thinks you're all stupid enough to bite this one.

Unlike Reyne who did not deserve this hatchet job, Sponge is the one person on PB that deserves every bit of the "demonization" that anyone can deliver.

He was for the hegemony before he was against it (translated: he was for it when he was a powerful part of it).

He was for a lot of treaties before he was against it. (when he signed 30 plus treaties in the run up to UJP to save his $@!)

He was against spying before he was for it.

He was for p-zi/e-zi before he was against it (now that he's a member of that club).

What is more amusing is that those that call him a friend in Vox are being naive to think that his "friendship" is anything more than a power play. If the current power structure should change he'll cast them aside as soon as he can. His ONLY purpose in Vox is not to upset the "global hegemony" it's to return himself to power. Sponge doesn't have real friends, he has people he can use to get ahead.

I could go on and on, but Sponge is the biggest hypocrite on PB and IMHO his actions are indefensible.

If you want to back up your claim, be my guest. I'm not espousing propaganda, I'm asking you a question. Yes, I'm serious.

Edit: Looking back, it seems you answered it by saying we have some sort of disease or such. I'm not sure how that answers which alliances we continually deny due to NPO/Q or some such.

I never believed I had to back up my claim to Citadel members, but apparently I'm wrong. It's rather disappointing.

Apparently, my good friend, you have a problem with taking a mental break when there is a physical break in a document. The "disease" comment wasn't directed at you denying alliances due to Q. See? I just helped you out.

Hey Slayer, I don't want to break it to you, but I'm from Norden Verein. Yeah, remember - the alliance YOU DESTROYED by character assassination. Seriously, just get out. I don't want to hear any more !@#$%^&* lies about your positioning. You didn't squirm an inch when you condemned over 150 nations as Nazis, and now you pretend to justify one nation.

LOL. I never said they were all Nazis and that was never the point. NoV was the issue, not all the nations within. You haven't seen me chasing down individual nations have you? Nor will I.

I never believed I had to back up my claim to Citadel members, but apparently I'm wrong. It's rather disappointing.

blah blah blah

I'm sad that it disappoints you. It should fill you with glee that your scenario has not happened, though.

WAIT WAIT, everyone.

Bilrow thinks you're all stupid enough to bite this one.

No reason to deny truth. Just look at the number of Vox members cleared due to the vigilance of Reyne.