TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

No. I am saying that you and a bunch of others have claimed that the screenshots have been taken out of context. I am telling you to put them IN context if that is truly the case.

I understand why you guys are rather dismayed, perhaps pissed, at this issue. But saying that something is out of context and exactly what the context should be are two different things. I find that it would be much more effective on your part to do the latter.

That is all.

There is no context. Reyne holds no love for most of the alliances in Citadel and she makes it perfectly clear every chance she gets. Oh, and she's also lacking a bit of...tact?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is truly an epic moment. So caught up in the furor of this half-hearted defense, you both managed to completely misunderstood what I said and why I said it. Beyond that, you both look silly. How far the fall must be.

Is this what being overwhelmed looks like?

EDIT:

Yay! More of the same! Seriously, what's that meme everyone has used...

Are you too read to stupid? I just can't remember it.

Please, continue your insults. I'm sure we're the only ones who can not decipher your ramblings.

Unlike Reyne who did not deserve this hatchet job, Sponge is the one person on PB that deserves every bit of the "demonization" that anyone can deliver.

He was for the hegemony before he was against it (translated: he was for it when he was a powerful part of it).

He was for a lot of treaties before he was against it. (when he signed 30 plus treaties in the run up to UJP to save his $@!)

He was against spying before he was for it.

He was for p-zi/e-zi before he was against it (now that he's a member of that club).

What is more amusing is that those that call him a friend in Vox are being naive to think that his "friendship" is anything more than a power play. If the current power structure should change he'll cast them aside as soon as he can. His ONLY purpose in Vox is not to upset the "global hegemony" it's to return himself to power. Sponge doesn't have real friends, he has people he can use to get ahead.

I could go on and on, but Sponge is the biggest hypocrite on PB and IMHO his actions are indefensible.

Quick question: Do you know what irony is?

Try refuting my argument than coming up with a not-so-witty reply and an attempt to go ad hominem on me. Frankly, the I'm finding those attempting to defend Sponge by attacking me rather boring.

Refute my argument, then I'll be more than happy to respond to your question...with that, I'm going to bed.

Try refuting my argument than coming up with a not-so-witty reply and an attempt to go ad hominem on me. Frankly, the I'm finding those attempting to defend Sponge by attacking me rather boring.

Refute my argument, then I'll be more than happy to respond to your question...with that, I'm going to bed.

I will take that as a no.

Chillax dude. That is unnecessary.

But it's a common meme!

Please, continue your insults. I'm sure we're the only ones who can not decipher your ramblings.

Insults? Ramblings? If anything, the ramblings are your own. Insults? Well, I think we can save those for PMs. The only insults here, though, are the ones to the intelligence of the folks who can read the screens and through the absurd "defense" of a "level-headed" and "caring" ally.

A personal attack? Really?

You do know we are talking about Reyne here, who has made her own fair share of personal attacks on the Citadel boards? That she is also the vocal alliance leader of two active members? Hence, she puts herself out there for public criticism?

What are you guys being threatened with? I would have expected no response at all from most of you Citadel folks. TOP defending Reyne doesn't surprise me, though, especially the ones doing it. Then again, there is a distinct silence from most of Citadel.

Yeah, when you single out 1 person and make an entire thread trying to embarrass said person it is a personal attack no doubt about it. Reyne is allowed to have free speech and disagree with me or everyone else for that matter. There is no need for groupthink and our lives would be pretty sad if everyone thought alike.

She may be a vocal alliance leader but she has her opinion, last I looked I never saw anything about it being OG's stance on things. Sorry but OG consists of more than 2 people; when I see an alliance announcement, then I will take that for OG's stance on such things. Also there is a difference between public criticism and a public lynching. Criticism is about evaluating and critiquing a person. A public lynching is an unfair one sided attack. This was the latter.

We are not being threatened with anything. As many have mentioned we are free-thinkers and have our own opinions, why should this subject be any different. There is a distinct silence from citadel? Are you kidding me? Besides NPO complaining about not being mentioned most of the replies have been made Citadel members.

But it's a common meme!

Insults? Ramblings? If anything, the ramblings are your own. Insults? Well, I think we can save those for PMs. The only insults here, though, are the ones to the intelligence of the folks who can read the screens and through the absurd "defense" of a "level-headed" and "caring" ally.

Na dude, no reason to insult him. The insult was the one I initially quoted, don't play dumb, you're smarter than that. -.-;

Heres how I see it: I am no ES fan, just like I am no Reyne fan. The fact is shes at the top of an alliance that many people dont like and shes helping continue a war against Vox. You guys cant flip a crap when they do what they do and point her out. Seriously, thats what they do. They call people out on their !@#$%^&* because thats all they can do. You guys persistently attack their ENTIRE alliances character everyday, as well as individual characters and people. I mean, I know its personal cause its a friend, but the cries of "this isnt right" just arnt gonna cut it here. The irony of the people coming to bat for her here reeks and you guys need to cut the !@#$. I may not agree with Vox, but people dont buy the pity vote on this one.

Fake Edit: SOMEONE WILL RECOGNIZE THIS POST (HAI SLAYER)

Na dude, no reason to insult him. The insult was the one I initially quoted, don't play dumb, you're smarter than that. -.-;

Ya dude, you're right. I suppose half of CN probably owes a few dozen apologies to a few dozen different people for using the same statement.

Sometimes I get so lost between "When we do it, that's fine" and "Just because everyone says it doesn't make it right."

Henceforth I will use the inspired diplomacy used by the namesake of this topic!

Incorrect. There have been many discussions regarding this, and both parties need each other more for the realpolitik than anything else.

Numerous times has Citadel, like 3/5 or 4/5, have wanted to expand and OG or TOP strike it down. Typically, they bring up NPO/Q.

realpolitiks?

You don't know Grämlins my friend. We don't hold allies for realpolitiks, the closest assumption of playing realpolitiks would be to say Continuum, we rightfully left Q because it no longer was fit for us. You'll see how wrong you are sometime soon. ;]

I'm not defending sponge's character if you'd actually read my post. I'm calling out your hypocrisy at getting all offended over people carrying out character assassinations while engaging in one in the very post you replied to me with. If you think a particular tactic is so despicable, it really strains credibility that you actually believe that when you say "GOSH this is bad...oh, wait, but when it happens to this guy, $%&@ him." Though, if you want to just talk smack on the people mentioned in my post to defend Reyne, I'm sure the rest of Vox would be happy to get their piece instead of letting sponge get all the spotlight. :blush:

No reason to deny truth. Just look at the number of Vox members cleared due to the vigilance of Reyne.

Forgive me, I've never tried to surrender, so all I have to go on are the horror stories of Reyne queries that bubbled up when she posted her surrender terms then promptly didn't deliver very much.

The founders of Vox have always advocated the best way of getting out of Vox in consideration of the opposition: Re-roll, never talk about Vox again. As far as I know, that's what most of the surrendering nations did.

Quick question: Do you know what irony is?

A river in Egypt?

Ya dude, you're right. I suppose half of CN probably owes a few dozen apologies to a few dozen different people for using the same statement.

Sometimes I get so lost between "When we do it, that's fine" and "Just because everyone says it doesn't make it right."

Henceforth I will use the inspired diplomacy used by the namesake of this topic!

I never took you for someone who does things merely because others do it. Always considered you an individualist. Apparently I am wrong?

Edited by Ejayrazz

This is not exactly a rebuttal...in fact, I have to admit that I have no real justification for his past in relation to his present. He could probably explain it better if he so chose.

Still, you act as if people are irredeemable, and I believe that that is one of the things driving on the whole campaign against EZI.

Not to make a cheap attack on The Big Bad. This is merely an example: The Big Bad, as he is, is politically irrelevent. I won't claim that he is completely irrelevent because just a few pages ago, I essentially called him out, which acknowledges his relevency. The problem is that such relevency stems almost completely (if not just completely) from annoyance...every passing week.

Does that mean at all that he cannot change that in the present or future? Absolutely not. I believe, for his faults, he still has potential to be a healthy contribution to this community once more.

Same with Sponge in regard to his past Empirical practices. He's still relatively tactless like he is, but his ideals have changed.

People can change. It's not that farfetched.

Edited by Ventus ex Gutter

realpolitiks?

You don't know Grämlins my friend. We don't hold allies for realpolitiks, the closest assumption of playing realpolitiks would be to say Continuum, we rightfully left Q because it no longer was fit for us. You'll see how wrong you are sometime soon. ;]

Oh, admittedly it takes time for GRE to withdraw itself from certain situations. I should have thrown the disclaimer in there for you guys (As well as Umbrella?). I was explicitly referencing the two "bad boys" of Citadel: TOP and OG.

I never took you for someone who does things merely others do it. Always considered you an individualist. Apparently I am wrong?

I don't believe you and I have ever spoken at length or at all. Perhaps you think I am someone else?

Edited by Nizzle

Alright, so originally this was about us calling you out on your claims about how Citadel functions, and how it's members interact. Since you're making these claims it's generally accepted that you defend these claims. I don't really know what you're on about anymore, but I'm perfectly okay with returning to that original topic.

But it's a common meme!

:popcorn:

I hate to derail the thread with this, but it is amusing me, so...

Ok, so, I called you out on this post:

Incorrect. There have been many discussions regarding this, and both parties need each other more for the realpolitik than anything else.

Numerous times has Citadel, like 3/5 or 4/5, have wanted to expand and OG or TOP strike it down. Typically, they bring up NPO/Q.

That is what all this is about. We're just asking you to back up your knowledge on Cit IA. What's so hard about this?

I'm actually intrigued by your definition of Grämlins' and TOP's current relationship as well, since again, you know so much about us.

They call people out on their !@#$%^&* because thats all they can do. You guys persistently attack their ENTIRE alliances character everyday, as well as individual characters and people. I mean, I know its personal cause its a friend, but the cries of "this isnt right" just arnt gonna cut it here. The irony of the people coming to bat for her here reeks and you guys need to cut the !@#$. I may not agree with Vox, but people dont buy the pity vote on this one.

To me it wouldn't matter if this Bilrow or Moo or Moladvi....etc Personal Attacks aren't okay in my book.

Ok, yes it was about Reyne but she likes to quote so much that every post of hers also shows us the thoughts of many others in Citidel so its not really just about her folks. I suppose some people wouldn't want to admit that though.

Also, kudo's to the NPO meatshields jumping in to block for allies. I probably would have done better but still a decent job. Yes folks, NPO meatshields.

oh please, please say that was meant towards me. just please. cuz, i am completely an NPO meatshield.......

To me it wouldn't matter if this Bilrow or Moo or Moladvi....etc Personal Attacks aren't okay in my book.

This isnt a personal attack. Its an attack on an ingame character, one who put themselves out there with things that shes done. Wake up, you make enemies and they hit back. Its not OOC in fashion, its not against the RL person, its an attack on an IC leader and thats that. Quit the !@#$.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

She may be a vocal alliance leader but she has her opinion, last I looked I never saw anything about it being OG's stance on things.

Apologies for nitpicking, but, putting aside the issue of context, scarce were her statements made without starting either with "OG...", or "I and OG..."

It is quite apparent that when she states something, she means to represent OG.

I like you :(

Only like? :( I :wub: you stumpy!

And maybe a couple few folks over there as well, yeah, I might like them too ;)

However, I don't think our respective alliances see eye to eye on a couple few things.

edit to add: needs more branimir

Edited by Kryievla

Apologies for nitpicking, but, putting aside the issue of context, scarce were her statements made without starting either with "OG...", or "I and OG..."

It is quite apparent that when she states something, she means to represent OG.

Even if she does, she has that right.