Declaration of Intent, Structure and Presence

Not having read this whole thread yet because I haven't had the time, this puts me in a pickle...I have said numerous times in print and on air that if Ivan came back to lead I would join his alliance.

Archon is going to have a problem with letting me go.

Time to put your nation where your mouth is, homes. :P

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will be required or even asked to switch color teams to be in the NSA.

I'd imagine you meant NSO, Ivan, as opposed to the public channel #nsa. I suppose old habits die hard ;)

Anyway, you have a bit of a history as being good at this sort of thing. Lets see if that repeats itself here.

Without reading anything else in this thread I can tell this alliance will be a hit, especially with such esteemed fine gentleman as King Death II amongst it's membership.

And how blessed we would be to have a fine gentleman such as yourself join.

:>

Edited by Tequila Mockingbird

Not having read this whole thread yet because I haven't had the time, this puts me in a pickle...I have said numerous times in print and on air that if Ivan came back to lead I would join his alliance.

Archon is going to have a problem with letting me go.

I was just about to ask you if you were going to join :P

Indeed. The NPO sprang into the Cyberverse fully staffed and fully armed.

Regardless, you are very likely to be proven correct even if your reasoning is ridiculously flawed. Too many people talk about wanting something different instead of the ho hum big side/small side state of the world but very few will actually do anything about it.

To address another point, based upon the messages I have received the initial post was not clear. No one will be required or even asked to switch color teams to be in the NSA. While it may be helpful down the road for the bulk of our membership to be in the same trading sphere and Senate voting bloc that is not a requirement. I don't expect anyone to disrupt their precious trades so the opportunity to start fresh and have some fun.

Also, since this has come up a bit in correspondence as well, I am not concerned with any past entanglements I may have had with a player from various factions in regards to membership. Since the NSO is being set up as a bit of dog eat dog from the top down (coups are legal so long as they are successful - [ooc]it's just a game right?[/ooc]) I am not going to concern myself with your personal history with me or those I may have associated with. Further, I am not going to concern myself with ZI lists or anyone's placement upon them. If you bring baggage with you then you are expected to handle it. Insofar as the NSO is concerned we will attempt to assist you in any new hazards and stand beside you in times of war but if you pissed people off then you need to handle it yourself.

I will be on the NSO forum throughout most of the day. I can be reached via Private Message there more quickly than here.

And with this my excitement turns to dismay. Long gone are the days when it is was allowed to run an alliance differently than expected. Now every action you take is being judged by the Powers that Be. Alliances are attacked and killed if they accept members that someone in the NPO doesn't like. This looks like a pretty standard setup to NPO vs GPA again.

I admit that I am very intrigued by what you are doing, and the desire to be a part of it in some way is strong, but I feel you have broken a golden rule in forming a new alliance. The world is different now and the way you intend to run your new alliance will not be compatible. I hope you do well, Ivan, but with the cast of characters that have already applied and (as far as I can tell) gained admittance you will have a hard time doing so.

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

also good luck with this!

Epic quote. Dune + Starwars = EPIC WIN

Best of luck to you, Ivan!

Welcome back. Good to see someone with strength and tenacity around.

Also, my mandatory Star Wars quotation:

I got a bad feeling about this.

Edited by Pedron Niall

And how blessed we would be to have a fine gentleman such as yourself join.

:>

*Fine Old Gentleman thank you very much.

Anyways KDII can dress snappy enough for you all.

Also sadly I'm no ones fanboy, so the thought of joining an alliance such as this really wouldn't cross my mind.

Good luck to you, Ivan.

I'm curious as to how many treaties have been offered to the NSO already.

The NSO is seeking a protectorate status for its early stages from a traditional friend.

We have no plans to incorporate ourselves into the MDP web. If wars erupt we will address wartime alliances for the purposes of that specific conflict only. Overreaching and stifling peace agreements are the bane of the Cyberverse.