If you could bring back one person to CN...

New Frontier

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who really didn't care for Thorne's style of trolling? Something about him just got under my skin in a bad way.

No, I found him irritating – abrasive and aggressive even when he didn't need to be, and usually using snide putdowns instead of defeating you with good arguments and well placed facts. If you lose an argument to Dilber or Bakunin, at least you feel defeated by a worthy opponent, instead of verbally beaten up like you do with Thorne.

x_Tela_x - Just for her avatar alone.

Ivan - Would have loved to serve under him

Terry Howard - Just to see him whine about how Hoo is unfair. :P

Ayatollah Obama - He was a scream

Thorne and HordeOfDoom - Just to see the eternal smoke come from their ears

Yeah it was certainly better with him running around threatening anyone who said anything counter to his opinion.

Why yes, yes it was. Thanks for acknowledging that my friend. While I always vied for his self proclaimed title of #1 hater, he had a way to get under people's skin that not many do.

Conflict is the essence of this game. If we all agreed and loved each other where would the fun be?

Daemon Vower. Easy as !@#$. Ill agree on Yev too, he was amazing.

This gentleman knows his stuff. If I could see one person unbanned and actually care enough to return its DV. He played the game well and was the organization behind the UJP. I personally saw DV do more than banned member, at least in the later months of both of their tenure. When he was banned we lost a great leader and our morale took a blow. His brand of humor was not for everyone, but he was a cool guy if you got to know him.

Thorne was awesome. So long as you could stand up and argue with him, and do it well, it was always guaranteed to be a good time. Hell, we were like arch-enemies and I liked the guy.

This gentleman knows his stuff. If I could see one person unbanned and actually care enough to return its DV. He played the game well and was the organization behind the UJP. I personally saw DV do more than banned member, at least in the later months of both of their tenure. When he was banned we lost a great leader and our morale took a blow. His brand of humor was not for everyone, but he was a cool guy if you got to know him.

Not going to lie, DV and Alastor were my main tutors on how politics works in CN, they taught me alot in a very short time.

Why yes, yes it was. Thanks for acknowledging that my friend. While I always vied for his self proclaimed title of #1 hater, he had a way to get under people's skin that not many do.

Conflict is the essence of this game. If we all agreed and loved each other where would the fun be?

He rarely ever said anything that ever started a fight, all he did was make a one liner, and threaten anyone who replied to it. He hid behind the NPO's NS and he was a coward. Nothing more to him.

You're telling that to the wrong person though, hippy. -_-

Yeah it was certainly better with him running around threatening anyone who said anything counter to his opinion.

Right, as if you guys are known for your kind words towards those of opposing opinion to yourself. Very nice of you guys to call in to question this one single person over and over while no one seems to question why anyone would want any of the others back.

It is just personal opinion. Do you guys really have to argue over everything? Its supremely ironic to see you running around in this thread arguing over such while saying what you are saying about Thorne. You really arent that different. I am not even going to begin to go back and count all the "one liners" you throw out.

Umm we are talking about mpol777?

iirc, he was banned during a flamefest with NPO members, telling them to go die and other things OOC. Never did he once rewrite Yardovich's story.

I didn't say he literally rewrote Yardovich's story, I was just implying certain how do we say... sexual parallels....

Right, as if you guys are known for your kind words towards those of opposing opinion to yourself. Very nice of you guys to call in to question this one single person over and over while no one seems to question why anyone would want any of the others back.

It is just personal opinion. Do you guys really have to argue over everything? Its supremely ironic to see you running around in this thread arguing over such while saying what you are saying about Thorne. You really arent that different. I am not even going to begin to go back and count all the "one liners" you throw out.

Great start. Another NPOer using "You guys" rather than addressing what I do personally. What other Vox member has called him into question? I believe it was only me, so I'm not sure why you are dragging them into this. People are free to question any choices, I don't see who is stopping them. It's not as if there is a rule about questioning others. This is the Open World Forum, not the Body Republic, you can loosen up.

Don't insult me by comparing me to Thorne though, as I never threaten people for merely posting, and I am not a coward who hides behind others. Really, we are incredibly different and have nothing in common.

Great start. Another NPOer using "You guys" rather than addressing what I do personally. What other Vox member has called him into question? I believe it was only me, so I'm not sure why you are dragging them into this. People are free to question any choices, I don't see who is stopping them. It's not as if there is a rule about questioning others. This is the Open World Forum, not the Body Republic, you can loosen up.

Don't insult me by comparing me to Thorne though, as I never threaten people for merely posting, and I am not a coward who hides behind others. Really, we are incredibly different and have nothing in common.

Alright, I will apologize for the "you guys". I will loosen up when my choice for whom I would like to see isnt constantly attacked by yourself, ES, as well as others. It wasnt just my choice either but plenty of others who weren't NPO said they wished he was back as well.

I don't see anyone saying much negative about mpol or some of the others. If people miss them then I think that is a pretty damn cool thing and I wouldnt wish to step on that in this thread. So why are you and a few other people so gung ho on attacking this guy here simply because some of us are expressing the fact that we found some humor in his posts?

As far as which other Vox member posted negatively about Thorne I only had to go back one page to find such.

And a better day when it is quickly denied.
Edited by HeinousOne

I dost think thy protests too hard.

Alright, I will apologize for the "you guys". I will loosen up when my choice for whom I would like to see isnt constantly attacked by yourself, ES, as well as others. It wasnt just my choice either but plenty of others who weren't NPO said they wished he was back as well.

I don't see anyone saying much negative about mpol or some of the others. If people miss them then I think that is a pretty damn cool thing and I wouldnt wish to step on that in this thread. So why are you and a few other people so gung ho on attacking this guy here simply because some of us are expressing the fact that we found some humor in his posts?

As far as which other Vox member posted negatively about Thorne I only had to go back one page to find such.

Constantly attacked? This is the first thread the guy has ever been even mentioned by me since Vox has existed. Yet again, exaggerating to make it seem worse. You guys have a real knack for that (Take note how annoying this is). I don't really care if everyone else wants him back, I'm not going to just say "Oh hey, people like him, I do too!", just in case you forgot that I don't march in line.

Mpol had some great announcements and aside from that was pretty quiet. If he had not gone off his rocker and made an incredibly stupid post, I believe he'd still be a contributing member.

It is my opinion that Josef was a coward, who hid behind others, and every single post of his was just a one liner threatening someone. That is why I said that, in case it wasn't obvious why I was attacking him. I'm sorry I hurt your national hero but I like to express my opinion and I really don't care if others do.

Edited by Starfox101