1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

I started my first nation 852 days ago, Minco. I joined CN in the radiation after glow of GW1. I joined NAAC the next day. I remember the NPO being evil and hating the NpO for existing. I remember being able to speak my mind, now-a-days I rarely log into the public forums. I remember standing up to GOONS treatment of Fark, the type of action that everyone is too afraid to do in the current climate. I remember having and not launching any of my nukes in GW2 and vowing never to buy to buy nukes again unless they would be used in war; they obviously did not work for deterence. I remember the disbanding of NAAC and retiring my old nation and leaving for the moon.

Things are so different now, I miss post GW1 pre GW2. I miss the NAAC though some of the spirit and community lives on.

Remember COUPtober?

That was hilarious

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VL logs, hmm.

I remember when he said he thought he could deal with us as a sovereign alliance and not an NPO puppet when I said that the only way to get peace between TOP and Legion was that they pulled out of the war entirely.

Then Galahad procedeeded to present terms of an "armistice" that specificly was "not a surrender", yet included TOP's withdrawal from WUT.

Too lazy to dig up those logs.

I also remember that I suggested to FAN that they should disallow tech raiding in their charter, that was in late september 06 and I had been awake for about 40 hours, said 40 hours was also my collective experience of the CN world outside of TOP. First half of my CN-carreer definately was more exciting, now I dont get surprised anymore :(

VL logs, hmm.

I remember when he said he thought he could deal with us as a sovereign alliance and not an NPO puppet when I said that the only way to get peace between TOP and Legion was that they pulled out of the war entirely.

Then Galahad procedeeded to present terms of an "armistice" that specificly was "not a surrender", yet included TOP's withdrawal from WUT.

Too lazy to dig up those logs.

I also remember that I suggested to FAN that they should disallow tech raiding in their charter, that was in late september 06 and I had been awake for about 40 hours, said 40 hours was also my collective experience of the CN world outside of TOP. First half of my CN-carreer definately was more exciting, now I dont get surprised anymore :(

Bodvar, you are the father.

He was Premier for one term and appointed me as a lowly Junior Security Councilor after one of the others resigned. My claim to fame was being good at tech dealing and really had no idea about CN politics until I joined Valhalla.

Edit: I also remember threatening Sparta over Silent01 taking aid from a nuke rogue. lolz

oh god silent 01

i remember working so hard to get her off of green -.-

I vividly remember so much.

So many good times have passed. I yearn for them, and only hope that someday they may be returned to.

I remember when Legion, NPO and GATO were allies and NpO didn't even exist. I remember all five Great Wars and the Second Arctic War. When I started here the largest alliance had 300 members, and there were maybe 50 alliances total.

We didn't have these fancy spies and navies or airplanes to drop bombs on our enemies. We had to rely on good old ground combat. Soldiers, tanks, CMs and nukes.

No bonus resources and no Alliance Affiliation boxes for our nations.

Those were the good days.

I remember when GOONS needed decollo to "go rogue" from \m/ and blindside me to anarchy me on the eve of GW2. He apologized for it later, at least.

I remember when Junkalunka and Decollo got into a flame war and FCC was like "Goddamit Junka, we don't want to start a nuke war with \m/!"

I remember Ivan's long post about reinstating the Imperial Accords

I remember people talking about WUT attacking GPA and everyone going "lol, no one would ever attack GPA!"

I also remember watching the nuclear news screen on the first day of the FAN-WUT war.

I remember when Gramlins stopped by the IRC one night and said they wanted to talk to us about something...and FCC.gov is like "we can't tell you what" and I was thinking "lol, I already know what"

Oh, I also remember the war against Inertia. We declared with like 10 alliances, except a good chunk of Inertia was unengaged, so Virillus was all like "Okay, VE is taking all the open slots," and then we bum-rushed Inertia. Except we didn't declare war because we had no .gov on :awesome:

Edited by Lord GVChamp

lol, I miss the old days when you could do whatever you wanted and basically get away with it. GKC accidentally setting off fireworks in Mars05 GW memorial was pretty epic. Poz ball was the only RP I ever took part in but it was probably the best thread ever made, along with our old tea parties, of course. Nuking Blue Guard for the hell of it was pretty fun. Tech raiding before it was cool was entertaining because nobody knew what the hell was going on. The two best things about this game were the green team forums, and LUE. Sadly, neither exist anymore.

Edit: Just thought of another funny. lmao, when CK and others tried to coup GATO. Then he had this stupid press conference on IRC. So I started asking all of these stupid questions, of course everyone ignores me. So I tell Cox to give me ops, he does, and I ban CK from his own stupid chat. Then Moo banned me. Oh LUE, how I miss you.

Edited by mq3eleven

I remember the Citrus war, and afterward having to swear an oath to Ivan Moldavi.

I remember the ODN's MDP with GGA post-Citrus, and the formation of UFO.

I remember GWI, I remember the night it happened. I remember leadership of GATO and ODN clearly stating they did not care for nor advocate Yardovich's post, and governments of both being even more appalled at the gloating that came after the act by LUE members on IRC... LUE saying the members would not be reprimanded for this, and GATO and ODN leadership speaking of canceling treaties asap with LUE as a result. Still have the logs of that chat, up to and including when Tyga nuked and the whole world went ballistic and the course of history (as well as the course of GATO and ODN) was changed forever.

I remember, as ODN government, canceling UFO on the same night as our war declaration honoring UFO, and why we felt it necessary; though unfortunate in regards to friendships between the members of both alliances, had I to do it all over again (taking into account the prevailing reason for it at the time), I would advocate for cancellation and vote the same.

I remember the disorganization that was the CoaLUEtion private talks, and how coming to any sort of consensus was like herding cats. I remember how frustrating it was for The Eric (ODN Sec-Def at the time) to deal with NAAC war leadership and any sort of coordination when he was viewed as at best untrusted, and at worst incompetent.... and for myself what a nightmare it was to 'work' with Chris Kaos.

I remember taking part in the peace talks at the end of the war. I remember the split between ODN/Legion and the CoaLUEtion as to what each saw as a proper end. I remember giving logs to a Legion leader showing how Kaos blatantly lied to Legion in ties with the terms of ending the war, in an attempt to alter the course.

I remember Ivan Moldavi's apology, as well as his rescinding the Oath requirement for ODN, and Ivan apologizing for that as well.

The aftershocks of the earthquake that was GWI ( The Orders called it the Great Patriotic War, ODN called it The Great Stupidity), aftershocks which not only greatly shaped the climate of politics to come, but also introduced a new Emperor onto the field - Electron Sponge - who, love him or hate him, had quite the major impact on the cyberverse for many, many moons to come.

This is my favorite and the most accurate post I have seen so far in this thread.

I remember Ivan apologizing for the oath as well. I remember when he initially planned it, thinking that it would be rejected outright since it was basically something that only Hitler had ever done in modern RL history (personal oath instead of national/regional/governmental/organizational). He was surprised at its acceptance and couldn't effectively remove it after the fact without losing political position.

Edited by Imhotep

Edit: Just thought of another funny. lmao, when CK and others tried to coup GATO. Then he had this stupid press conference on IRC. So I started asking all of these stupid questions, of course everyone ignores me. So I tell Cox to give me ops, he does, and I ban CK from his own stupid chat.

Rofl. Who didn't ban CK from #gato at one point or another?

lol, I miss the old days when you could do whatever you wanted and basically get away with it. GKC accidentally setting off fireworks in Mars05 GW memorial was pretty epic. Poz ball was the only RP I ever took part in but it was probably the best thread ever made, along with our old tea parties, of course. Nuking Blue Guard for the hell of it was pretty fun. Tech raiding before it was cool was entertaining because nobody knew what the hell was going on. The two best things about this game were the green team forums, and LUE. Sadly, neither exist anymore.

Edit: Just thought of another funny. lmao, when CK and others tried to coup GATO. Then he had this stupid press conference on IRC. So I started asking all of these stupid questions, of course everyone ignores me. So I tell Cox to give me ops, he does, and I ban CK from his own stupid chat. Then Moo banned me. Oh LUE, how I miss you.

XFD I love you mq3.

Hilarious memories > srs ones

How big did poz ball get? I forget XD

that press conference was hilarious

I remember Ivan apologizing for the oath as well. I remember when he initially planned it, thinking that it would be rejected outright since it was basically something that only Hitler had ever done in modern RL history (personal oath instead of national/regional/governmental/organizational). He was surprised at its acceptance and couldn't effectively remove it after the fact without losing political position.

ODN at that time was all about individual national sovereignty within an alliance house/charter they swore an Oath to uphold. It is quite possible if we were offered terms including a Viceroy ad nauseum that we would have continued to reject them and the Citrus would have never ended. However, speaking for myself personally, swearing a personal Oath to the Emperor was more of a national concession than an alliance concession; couple that with a belief that any subsequent terms would certainly include a Viceroy and that the war would never end, and I saw a Oath to not take up arms against the Emperor of NPO given from Kementari a smaller concession to make as a loser in the War.

edit: I hate early mornings

Edited by yavanna

While we're remembering distant things:

I remember when the NPO was trying to convince us and the Legion to attack the GGA over a post from their boards. I remember us delaying that war for a day to look more closely at the evidence, and I remember us refusing to help them destroy that alliance.

On the Great War I remember coming into the GATO government channel and trying to figure out what happened. I remember shifting everyone's opinion on what to do by demanding that we had to uphold our treaty with the LUE because the OOC attacks had already been handled by game and board mods.

Fun times :)

While we're remembering distant things:

I remember when the NPO was trying to convince us and the Legion to attack the GGA over a post from their boards. I remember us delaying that war for a day to look more closely at the evidence, and I remember us refusing to help them destroy that alliance.

On the Great War I remember coming into the GATO government channel and trying to figure out what happened. I remember shifting everyone's opinion on what to do by demanding that we had to uphold our treaty with the LUE because the OOC attacks had already been handled by game and board mods.

Fun times :)

I remember Evertron going "oh !@#$ what should I do?"

then I told him to talk to GATO.

I wasn't really there that night because I was preparing for vacation that happpened like 2 days later.

I remember being new to the game, and getting into a debate in #Cybernations with Ivan_Moldavi. That was fun, especially since I didn't understand why everyone was ****ting their pants over me doing it. I think it went rather well, actually.