1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the one with Nordreich and a bunch of other dumb little alliances of 6 people? NDF was it? Northern Defence Front... Something like that.

I think we can say with some certainty that a majority of blocs have been pretty terrible.

IRON didn't, because according to Ender and Loegaire I conspired with admin to ruin their first attempt at it shortly after I joined the NPO. :v:

Yeah, IRON is the only one I can think of. THey were about to do one then admin removed it :P

What about the one with Nordreich and a bunch of other dumb little alliances of 6 people? NDF was it? Northern Defence Front... Something like that.

Oh man NDF was terrible. I don't even think it made it past three months.

Actually pretty much everything Nordreich did was laughable, such as their aboutface in the Maroon War and how seriously they and the leftist alliances took their petty ideological conflicts when the rest of the Cyberverse wanted both of them to shut up. God I hated being allied to them.

Their only saving grace was that LSF and ICP/SWF were even stupider, and I trend left, ideologically

I have to say that it has been a pleasure to see all of this reflection on CN past.

What would some of you say your favorite moment of CN past is?

My favorite time period was the opening salvos of GWII with us in GOONS attacking FARK, LUE with their "targeted war" and various Initiative nations hitting them. Then it all exploded.

That was fun

My favorite single moment for me was when I personally destroyed a minor alliance of 4 singlehandedly after they hit my friend Spygel.

My favorite "ohh-snap" moment was when Cricket's duplicity was revealed in the middle of GWIII. I'm sure many remember that.

I have to say that it has been a pleasure to see all of this reflection on CN past.

What would some of you say your favorite moment of CN past is?

Probably helping admin by providing him with info on the people who distributed the CN source code.

Either that or some of the pictures created for the LUEspaper.

It's funny how much nostalgia this game has. One year seems like such a huge amount of time. I'm just 1 year old in CN but I too feel nostalgia. Back in the days when I was recruited the first time, into the now defunct alliance ACDC. Good times!

Teach us younglings of the times of olde, you great thousand-day-olds!

I joined about the same time as you. I think (wasn't politically involved then, just a newbie recruiter) I was on the other side of that whole ACDC conflict back in December (I joined NADC in '07).

I joined last year, as I just said, two months before the downfall of my still current home, NADC. I was a war virgin up to that point, and got really paranoid when two traitors from BLEU came to warn us (and got suspended for a week for multiple spam topics).

It sucks, I remember, I was up on my birthday (the 28th), and then the attacks rolled in. Horrible birthday present, BLEU! You made a little kid cry :(

Well, at 970 days old, it's kinda strange. This game has flown by, but then again so has my life. I remember joining up with several friends of mine, and they all eventually left. I remember Gebat, Russian Federation, and I forget who else. I also remember joining ODN, LUE, ODN again, before eventually coming to where I am now.

Does anyone remember the great LUE war? I don't remember the names of the conflicts, as I spend my time in the water cooler.

Well, at 970 days old, it's kinda strange. This game has flown by, but then again so has my life. I remember joining up with several friends of mine, and they all eventually left. I remember Gebat, Russian Federation, and I forget who else. I also remember joining ODN, LUE, ODN again, before eventually coming to where I am now.

Does anyone remember the great LUE war? I don't remember the names of the conflicts, as I spend my time in the water cooler.

GWI, aka GPW? CoaLUEtion and all that?

or are you talking bout the one that started as teh Farklands war?

I remember the very, very early accidental rollback from the server glitch.

I also remember BASE USA.

I think my favorite memory is the sudden, unexpected nuclear cabal that pounced on the top alliance players and prompted so much wailing and gnashing of teeth that Admin instituted the "top 5% for nukes" rule.

Those guys were awesome. :awesome:

I remember Team Forums, and I remember when it was announced they would be gone in xx hours (or by the end of the day) so we started this mega-thread in Maroon with the passwords for each team and went and said hi.

I remember voting for Cheese, on his public promise of sanctioning Ruben* off the Maroon team.

I remember Ejay sanctioning Shebang* and the opinion being divided on whether or not it was the greatest thing ever, or a horrific unforgivable act.

I remember the "Mod Party" we threw.

I remember the formation of GUARD/NDF/League/WUT within a month or two.

I remember, vaguely, one of ICP's leaders offering to fake a treaty with NDF after they found out an NPO IO didn't like us very much. [zomg controversy, and no, I don't remember who. He's definitely quit by now though, since his name isn't familiar.]

I remember IronSoldier laughing at me when I said Maroonity was entirely possible.

I remember #onos as being one of the creepiest channels on the whole of Espernet, but also the main Maroon gathering place (don't think I could ever not find one of the alliance leaders there).

I remember Kodei, though I wish I didn't.

I remember when Starfox and Decollo would go nuts and threaten to nuke people all the time... and I remember when they could've done so without waiting 24 hours.

I remember when I had 1,000 infra and was in the Top 5% and my alliance mates were jealous of me. :lol:

Good times.

*Shebang and Ruben, for those who don't know, used to report people in Forum Abuse for "spamming". The one hitch here was that it was all we ever did and indeed had a 200+ page thread for it pinned, so it became more of a "If you're mean to me I'll report you" thing. The controversy with Cheese was he was RIA government and Ruben was ODS government, and sanctioning him is very much an act-of-war thing, but Cheese was cool and didn't care and I know a lot of us voted for him just to see stuff explode.

Edit:

Oh man, here's a bizzare one in hindsight. I remember when IBC merged into us two-ish months before UJW kicked off, and having both GOONS and NpO government congratulating us in the thread.

Edited by Xiphosis

Joined January 3rd '07, so I'm fairly young. All I remember from the early '07 is thinking NAAC is the enemy, NPO is the friend, like an ex-Pacifican had told us in Peliplaneetta alliance. GW2 flew past me pretty much unnoticed, in St. Patty's war I protested like the idealist guy I was and in GW3 I joined ODN to fight the evil, game-ruining Initiative. GOONS was probably the alliance I loved and hated the most at times.

I miss the sanctioned alliance masks of the old boards :(

Anyone remember APA from early '07? Association of Pacific Alliances or something by NPO :v:

Edited by Lord Gobb

I remember the Citrus war, and afterward having to swear an oath to Ivan Moldavi.

I remember the ODN's MDP with GGA post-Citrus, and the formation of UFO.

I remember GWI, I remember the night it happened. I remember leadership of GATO and ODN clearly stating they did not care for nor advocate Yardovich's post, and governments of both being even more appalled at the gloating that came after the act by LUE members on IRC... LUE saying the members would not be reprimanded for this, and GATO and ODN leadership speaking of canceling treaties asap with LUE as a result. Still have the logs of that chat, up to and including when Tyga nuked and the whole world went ballistic and the course of history (as well as the course of GATO and ODN) was changed forever.

I remember, as ODN government, canceling UFO on the same night as our war declaration honoring UFO, and why we felt it necessary; though unfortunate in regards to friendships between the members of both alliances, had I to do it all over again (taking into account the prevailing reason for it at the time), I would advocate for cancellation and vote the same.

I remember the disorganization that was the CoaLUEtion private talks, and how coming to any sort of consensus was like herding cats. I remember how frustrating it was for The Eric (ODN Sec-Def at the time) to deal with NAAC war leadership and any sort of coordination when he was viewed as at best untrusted, and at worst incompetent.... and for myself what a nightmare it was to 'work' with Chris Kaos.

I remember taking part in the peace talks at the end of the war. I remember the split between ODN/Legion and the CoaLUEtion as to what each saw as a proper end. I remember giving logs to a Legion leader showing how Kaos blatantly lied to Legion in ties with the terms of ending the war, in an attempt to alter the course.

I remember Ivan Moldavi's apology, as well as his rescinding the Oath requirement for ODN, and Ivan apologizing for that as well.

The aftershocks of the earthquake that was GWI ( The Orders called it the Great Patriotic War, ODN called it The Great Stupidity), aftershocks which not only greatly shaped the climate of politics to come, but also introduced a new Emperor onto the field - Electron Sponge - who, love him or hate him, had quite the major impact on the cyberverse for many, many moons to come.

xd i remember you

God damn this makes me feel old. I really should have got more active in this game. So many missed hilarious opportunities.

I :wub: you

I still consider bros2 a newbie.

XD

I remember the Citrus war, and afterward having to swear an oath to Ivan Moldavi.

I remember the ODN's MDP with GGA post-Citrus, and the formation of UFO.

I remember GWI, I remember the night it happened. I remember leadership of GATO and ODN clearly stating they did not care for nor advocate Yardovich's post, and governments of both being even more appalled at the gloating that came after the act by LUE members on IRC... LUE saying the members would not be reprimanded for this, and GATO and ODN leadership speaking of canceling treaties asap with LUE as a result. Still have the logs of that chat, up to and including when Tyga nuked and the whole world went ballistic and the course of history (as well as the course of GATO and ODN) was changed forever.

I remember, as ODN government, canceling UFO on the same night as our war declaration honoring UFO, and why we felt it necessary; though unfortunate in regards to friendships between the members of both alliances, had I to do it all over again (taking into account the prevailing reason for it at the time), I would advocate for cancellation and vote the same.

I remember the disorganization that was the CoaLUEtion private talks, and how coming to any sort of consensus was like herding cats. I remember how frustrating it was for The Eric (ODN Sec-Def at the time) to deal with NAAC war leadership and any sort of coordination when he was viewed as at best untrusted, and at worst incompetent.... and for myself what a nightmare it was to 'work' with Chris Kaos.

I remember taking part in the peace talks at the end of the war. I remember the split between ODN/Legion and the CoaLUEtion as to what each saw as a proper end. I remember giving logs to a Legion leader showing how Kaos blatantly lied to Legion in ties with the terms of ending the war, in an attempt to alter the course.

I remember Ivan Moldavi's apology, as well as his rescinding the Oath requirement for ODN, and Ivan apologizing for that as well.

The aftershocks of the earthquake that was GWI ( The Orders called it the Great Patriotic War, ODN called it The Great Stupidity), aftershocks which not only greatly shaped the climate of politics to come, but also introduced a new Emperor onto the field - Electron Sponge - who, love him or hate him, had quite the major impact on the cyberverse for many, many moons to come.

ODN shouldn't have hosted the peace talks for GW1. That was pure crap.