1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

Cybernations began in January 2006.

I joined with a massive influx of members that later became known as the "LUEnited Nations." Now to some of you, this name may instill fear, make you wet your pants, or make you laugh and call LUEn idiotic.

I joined Cybernations March 16th, 2006. I am probably one of the more controversial players still playing this game. I have been banned from the game 4 times (May 2006, July 2006, August 2006, December 2006) and unbanned three times (August 2006, August 2006, and December 2006).

I've had about 15+ accounts banned on the old CN forums. I was a bad boy.

I've been in CN for 985 days. That was the date of the creation of my first nation.

I've been in this game too goddamn long. I've seen the rise and fall of great alliances and the same for crappy alliances. Everyone remembers /b/ for what they did in the middle of GW3. Admin probably remembers that day -incredibly- vividly.

The majority of the mod staff loathed my presence in CN. Then I started to be good and they liked me. I have helped out the mod staff a few times.

Now elder members of CN, let's discuss old CN civily. Newer members, you can sit and watch our discussions.

I remember the end of the citrus war. I remember the first alliance who was friendly to the new, scary alliance of LUEnited Nations. The Grand Global Alliance was our first NAP (Non-Aggression Pact. Very hard to get back then. The equivalent of a bloc now). I remember the Independence Council, a very crude bloc. I remember one of the first MADPs ever formed, The United for Orange treaty between the Orange Defense Network and the LUEnited Nations.

In hindsight, I would have not signed it. However, in hindsight I would have:

1. Not listened to IF2 and I wouldn't have impersonated Ivan Moldavi in a foolish attempt to get one of NPOs closest allies, GATO, to turn on them.

2. Not let Chris_Kaos be the representative from the League to NPO/NpO/IGC during GW1. The CoaLUEtion won the strength war, but our asses were kicked diplomatically.

3. I would've authorized the firing of League nukes during GW2, which NPO expected.

This topic is getting tangental.

Edited by bros2

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how much nostalgia this game has. One year seems like such a huge amount of time. I'm just 1 year old in CN but I too feel nostalgia. Back in the days when I was recruited the first time, into the now defunct alliance ACDC. Good times!

Teach us younglings of the times of olde, you great thousand-day-olds!

Ya. GW2 was fun. I was sick during it. Asthma meds make me loopy :D

Yes we have Trace.

Trace[LoSS]

Heh, that was after a number of months as a indie (back when it was actually viable to do so, heh). Gah I can't believe I'm still playing sometimes.

Okay. Here is how CN is divided in my mind:

Golden Age (Beginning of CN to GW1) - Loss of Innocence (GW1-GW2) - Dark Ages (GW2-UjW) - Current CN

Golden Age was awesome.

Ladder system was awesome.

lol you and the ladder system. You're always ranting about that in our private chan :P

hey Bros. I am just a couple of months younger than you. I remember from the end of the Second Polar War until now. Though as a nooblet back then, my first real war was GPW. though i do remember fighting in the WSA war.

How the hell does someone remember me from after my "exile" from LUEn

I joined CN in the aftermath of GWI, heh.

I remember being a n00b by believing the GOONS membership "couped" their leadership. Turned out it was a joke mocking Depraved's attempted coup of GATO. When I brought it up to Slashes-With-Claws he pretty much smacked me lol.

I remember as an indie watching Polar and GOONS bring down fire unto the ICP's nations during a day long campaign without a DoW.

I remember as a Polar getting my $@! kicked by ICP members (including Btardia) in GWII.

I remember scurrying for peace mode in the beginning of GWIII because my nation was still in really bad shape after the damage ICP did to it in GWII.

Dude. I'm old. <_<

I'm up to 989 days since my first nation was created on march 12 2006. D: thanks for the reminder bros.

I fought in the Citrus War and was one of the ODN Senators during GWI who canceled UFO lol.

I also remember the founding of Dey See Mah Rollin with Starfox, using your forums and everyone called us LUE 2.0, ironically enough that alliance would become \m/.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I remember being a n00b by believing the GOONS membership "couped" their leadership. Turned out it was a joke mocking Depraved's attempted coup of GATO. When I brought it up to Slashes-With-Claws he pretty much smacked me lol.

I remember as an indie watching Polar and GOONS bring down fire unto the ICP's nations during a day long campaign without a DoW.

I remember as a Polar getting my $@! kicked by ICP members (including Btardia) in GWII.

I remember scurrying for peace mode in the beginning of GWIII because my nation was still in really bad shape after the damage ICP did to it in GWII.

Dude. I'm old. <_<

lawlz. I remember taking my first nuke during the Red War, aiding NoR against ICP/SWF (can never remember which incarnation it was).

Dude. I'm old. <_<

XD I remember you.

lawlz Bros. I remember you from stories from elder Polars/Pacifcans. Also, you joined Polaris for like a week or something, and I remember talking to you then.

They told stories about me? AWESOME

I was in NpO for a week for an NpO edition of "To Catch A Spy"

It was hilarious.

Hi Emperor Fu, I see you reading this topic. I KNOW YOUR SECRET :P

Dude. I'm old. <_<

The Goon Order of Neutral Sharking was no joke :angry:

babyjesus

Hammerhead Prime of the Goon Order of Neutral Sharking

XD I remember you.

They told stories about me? AWESOME

I was in NpO for a week for an NpO edition of "To Catch A Spy"

It was hilarious.

Hi Emperor Fu, I see you reading this topic. I KNOW YOUR SECRET :P

you and IF2. :P also, i just realized with my first nation, i am 905 days old....

what kind of stories. I am now intrigued.

hmmm... now you gonna make me wrack my brain.... well for IF2, it was about him spying or something. for you, i believe them saying you were part of it in some way. lawlz. now I wish, I had paid attention more. :P

Edit: no no wait. Rogue. something bout ya'll going rogue.

Edited by Dochartaigh

hmmm... now you gonna make me wrack my brain.... well for IF2, it was about him spying or something. for you, i believe them saying you were part of it in some way. lawlz. now I wish, I had paid attention more. :P

Edit: no no wait. Rogue. something bout ya'll going rogue.

NPO always thought I was IF2s right hand man in his spy ring.

Nope XD

Also, I believe I have the most unique ban reason in CN.

rom webmaster@cybernations.net

to bros.811@gmail.com

date Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 10:34 PM

subject bros2, you have been banned

Your user ID bros2 has been banned from Cyber Nations for the reason of: Attempting to provide other users with the admins personal information.

Also, my name is bros2 because when I registered for CN in March, there was no character minimum. However when I registered with admins approval August 2006, he placed a character limit of 5 minimum D:

NPO always thought I was IF2s right hand man in his spy ring.

Nope XD

Also, I believe I have the most unique ban reason in CN.

rom webmaster@cybernations.net

to bros.811@gmail.com

date Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 10:34 PM

subject bros2, you have been banned

Your user ID bros2 has been banned from Cyber Nations for the reason of: Attempting to provide other users with the admins personal information.

Also, my name is bros2 because when I registered for CN in March, there was no character minimum. However when I registered with admins approval August 2006, he placed a character limit of 5 minimum D:

lawlz. so who was his right hand man?