1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

Lol. That's awesome. I remember still thinking warchests were useless going into UJW, whoops.

I didn't have a warchest going into the UJW and did just fine.

What I mean by "fine" was "dealing as much damage out to each of the 4 nations I was fighting as I was taking).

Of course, the not having a warchest screwed me over when the nukes began to fly, and I almost got billlocked, but I pulled it off.

I didn't even quit my first nation until around the Continuum was announced.

I started about 2 months before GW3, so I'm a younging compared to some of you folks here.

Got smacked down in Legion, but had some fun times in \m/ after the war. Stayed there until it disbanded in the UJW, then with nothing left to fight for I moved on.

I must say the politics back then were much different than now. I mean there was actual conflict on the forums between different alliance leaders, some drama on the forum, and it wasn't a huge hail fest that it is now. The forums were much more interesting then.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have a warchest going into the UJW and did just fine.

What I mean by "fine" was "dealing as much damage out to each of the 4 nations I was fighting as I was taking).

Of course, the not having a warchest screwed me over when the nukes began to fly, and I almost got billlocked, but I pulled it off.

Yeah. I did okay without one, I just would've liked to have had one in hindsight. :gag:

Lol. That's awesome. I remember still thinking warchests were useless going into UJW, whoops.

Thankfully gw2 taught many of us the value of a warchest after our military leaders told us that "warchests help the enemy because you are funding them." Before this war it was suggested that you should never have more than 2-3 days worth of collections. Even in gw3 many of GATO still didnt think they were valuable and I was one of the few who had a substantial amount of cash on hand that war also.

/me shakes head.

Heh. I'm pretty old now that I think about it. I /technically/ fought in GWI with my first nation by raiding a few GATO nubnubs during it. Came back for the tail end of GWII (My first hits as NPO were FARK and NAAC xD).

I remember Legion getting their arses handed to them in GWIII (and I helped do it too!).

I remember the North/South Divide.

I remember the formation of MCXA, TotalFark!, TPF, and most of the alliances sitting around nowadays.

I remember the rise and fall of at least a million different commie alliances.

Dangit I've been playing this game for too long. >>

You damn noob. We switched from the original forums in February '06 if I recall correctly.

I know that. I remember people fawning over the boards when I joined CN.

I remember when most of the threads got obliterated by invisionfree

D:

Nothing from GW1 is left on the IF forums most remember

I know that. I remember people fawning over the boards when I joined CN.

I remember when most of the threads got obliterated by invisionfree

D:

Nothing from GW1 is left on the IF forums most remember

i always wondered why there was nothing older than about august or september 06 on the IF boards

Mercy, you haven't been playing for too long :P

You've been playing for too long when you remember when Automagfreek was a moderator (and openly admitted that he was one on IRC)

I'd like to take credit for causing AMF to quit the game during the FAN war. I attacked him and billocked immediately him which caused him to leave NPO and hide in peace mode for months before deleting. What a whiny tool. :lol: