1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Team Forums, and I remember when it was announced they would be gone in xx hours (or by the end of the day) so we started this mega-thread in Maroon with the passwords for each team and went and said hi.

I remember getting the last post in the Aqua and White boards, while watching the color boards close off one by one. I also remember how the Maroon boards spawned a good hundred or so new threads in its last day and just barely broke 1000 threads. I also remember the race for the 100,000th post, which I got.

Maroon was good times.

I remember WUT House, then the guy behind that started getting lazy and it died off. Know anything about that, bros? :P

Maybe :P

Just offering my recollections from the opposite side. From your side I can see where you would think that. Cheers, bros2.

I wasn't one of the ones rabidly against ODN hosting peace talks, I was of the thinking that someone who LUE did NOT hate at the time should've hosted the peace talks.

Like one of those neutral alliances. I think GPA was starting around then?

I wasn't one of the ones rabidly against ODN hosting peace talks, I was of the thinking that someone who LUE did NOT hate at the time should've hosted the peace talks.

Like one of those neutral alliances. I think GPA was starting around then?

GPA was founded 14th of February by Phil Gaea, product of the INC-GATO war, thus making in 2 days younger then the ODN and older then the LUE which started on 16 March 2006.

The end of the great war was official at the 1st of August 2006.

/bookworm

I've been here for ~860 days now.

I dont think the players have changed. The nature of the game have changed because all but one pretender to the throne have been slain. NpO, GOONS, GATO, Legion, LUE, NAAC, \m/ etc..all did plunge into the game of dominance, whether for the sake of power or some other purpose, they all did, they all lost most, if not all, of their chips.

Going to take a while before anyone else grows bold enough to go all in, I think. Things are only interesting for those with a chance to grab power for themselves, those trying to keep themselves on top, and only for everyone else when the former goes public.

<snip> in St. Patty's war I protested like the idealist guy I was <snip>

I remember when you paid our reps for us, and we made you and honorary member as such. For all those talking about awful blocs, one word, Internationale.

Edited by Joshuajames

I remember when you paid our reps for us, and we made you and honorary member as such. For all those talking about awful blocs, one word, Internationale.

Naw, I didn't pay any reps. I just resigned from government and posted "an angry letter" :D Didn't think anyone but us Finns would remember me from back then :v:

Have to love how a real life country blurred the IC lines.

Norway has asked popular video sharing site Youtube to remove a neo-Nazi video that uses the country's national anthem, an official said Tuesday.

The two-minute video opens with a map of Europe and contains photos of several European cities including Moscow, Stockholm and Berlin as well as flags, Nazi and Norse symbols and a few images of soldiers.

The video was attributed to the German-based group Nordreich.

Foreign ministry spokesman Frode Overland Andersen said the ministry had learned of the video 'before Christmas' and had approached Youtube immediately.

'So far we have not had any response,' Andersen said.

Andersen said the ministry regarded the video as 'tasteless' and 'condemned the abuse of a national symbol'.

Hey, remember how friendly our exchange was in GW2, even though we were beating the crap out of each other?

I think this may have not changed a lot. It always depend on who you are fighting. There is always been and always will be different kind of players, &#33;@#&#036;%bags included.

Also, I remember the newbs being all primed up (myself included) by land encroachment.

But there is a question that this thread brings up for me: I see Kaos's name come back often with kinda "mitigated" memories. As I've been GATO all my (CN) life, my perception may be a bit different or incomplete.

I know he's been a &#33;@#&#036;% to many (again, myself included), I also know his ego was quite monumental. But, in my perception, everything he did was, I think, to his best knowledge FOR GATO. What makes it different than Dilber, except being on the losing side?

I don't want to derail this thread in a "Burn Kaos" one, but if some of the oldies could share their p.o.v., it would greatly interest me.

IRON didn't, because according to Ender and Loegaire I conspired with admin to ruin their first attempt at it shortly after I joined the NPO. :v:

What were much more annoying from my perspective were the puppet/multis that people had had since the beginning of the game, but were outlawed and then grandfathered in just before IRON started. The tricky way the money from those were making it around alliances (which IRON couldn't take advantage of), was very annoying.

Also I remember when sending 10k as start-up aid was generous, and when I suggested increasing it later on some complained that it would open IRON up to nations taking the money and running. 10k.... :lol:

Also, the complaints when IRON was first sanctioned because LUE had waited ages to get sanctioned then we and ICP (I think ?) were sanctioned not long after.

Hey, remember how friendly our exchange was in GW2, even though we were beating the crap out of each other?

I do, actually. You and i were having a pretty good time, then all your little friends came in and ruined me. :((

Edited by OPArsenal

GPA was founded 14th of February by Phil Gaea, product of the INC-GATO war, thus making in 2 days younger then the ODN and older then the LUE which started on 16 March 2006.

The end of the great war was official at the 1st of August 2006.

/bookworm

Just checking to make sure my mind isn't melding stuff together :P

I think this may have not changed a lot. It always depend on who you are fighting. There is always been and always will be different kind of players, &#33;@#&#036;%bags included.

Also, I remember the newbs being all primed up (myself included) by land encroachment.

But there is a question that this thread brings up for me: I see Kaos's name come back often with kinda "mitigated" memories. As I've been GATO all my (CN) life, my perception may be a bit different or incomplete.

I know he's been a &#33;@#&#036;% to many (again, myself included), I also know his ego was quite monumental. But, in my perception, everything he did was, I think, to his best knowledge FOR GATO. What makes it different than Dilber, except being on the losing side?

I don't want to derail this thread in a "Burn Kaos" one, but if some of the oldies could share their p.o.v., it would greatly interest me.

CK tried to do what he thought was best for himself/GATO

all reading about experiences from events i've never been part of :P, You guys sure had some fun time (I'm only near a year old now so I got a ways to go) but knowing different perspectives for past events made my day

thnx :) (if anyone's wondering, i'm a history fan :D)

*raises a toast* to another 1000 days of CN

Edited by dragonknight1000

all reading about experiences from events i've never been part of :P, You guys sure had some fun time (I'm only near a year old now so I got a ways to go) but knowing different perspectives for past events made my day

thnx :) (if anyone's wondering, i'm a history fan :D)

*raises a toast* to another 1000 days of CN

I'll drink to that.

I always liked Kaos on a personal level, we were fairly good friends OOC.

He did however had a ego the size of a small planet, and he would unilaterally deny any overture that came from another person, be it friend or foe. Working with him as an ally was near impossible, because if his specific ideas were not the ones being implemented he threw a fit. GW2 and GW3 was almost impossible because he and Walford struck down and interefered with any idea that didn't stem from them. And when we at the NAAC tried to teach other alliances how to improve their military, Walford and Kaos would laugh at us and try to put a stop to it, as GATO's methods were "Superior."

As for the "Other side."

Of course they disliked him, he was the enemy. His personallity and charachter was simply an aside.