1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bros, I must say you have come very far since you started. If you would have asked me back in 06, if I thought you would be around this long, I would have said hell no. Good job, you've improved dramatically.

Also, not sure if someone else said it, but I remember when the CM's had a sound each time you launched it! Ha! Beat that.

Yeah. I turned from LUEN founder to NPO troll to general troll to contributing member of CN

Yaaay.

I remember the noise CMs made :D

Edit:

Now make me a mod :P

Edit 2:

Who remembers this topic?

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...c=63055&hl=

Edited by bros2

Bros, I must say you have come very far since you started. If you would have asked me back in 06, if I thought you would be around this long, I would have said hell no. Good job, you've improved dramatically.

Also, not sure if someone else said it, but I remember when the CM's had a sound each time you launched it! Ha! Beat that.

They don't make a sound anymore? Since when? :o

Actually, if I remember correctly, I was once a new player to CN that witnessed GOONS members hating on Ejayrazz in the Black Team Forum. In fact, I joined in and ended up apologizing for insulting a player I knew nothing about. Learned to eat crow a bit since then, but it's all part of learning. When I re-rolled my nation before this current one, I saw Ejay was a widely respected player and couldn't imagine how things could have changed so quickly. I also had to get the password to the forums from a fellow player as it took weeks if not months to get it from applying in the thread. Believe the password was 'midnight'.

Yeah, he hated our Snoop Dogg sigs so we chased him around the forum (including AP) accusing him of being a racist.

snoopwhoa2.gif

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

Yeah, he hated our Snoop Dogg sigs so we chased him around the forum (including AP) accusing him of being a racist.

snoopwhoa2.gif

Wow, I remember just how annoying those things were. You'd read the quote pyramid thread on the Black Team Forums and all the GOONS would have those sigs. Really messed with someone's head.

Over the past days that I've been around, it hasn't be 1000 of course, the most colorful person I believe I've met is Gonzoczar. Jesus that guy went nuts, but he made playing interesting. :)

ah yes gonzo cars.

was he the FAN guy whose account was hacked and he nuked a guy?

or am I confusing him with Goncalves? XD

Gonz was the one who distributed the CN source code, iirc

ah yes gonzo cars.

was he the FAN guy whose account was hacked and he nuked a guy?

or am I confusing him with Goncalves? XD

Gonz was the one who distributed the CN source code, iirc

Nahe he was the GATO member that was very GOONesque (and our Minister of Defense), he was normal for a bit, then went crazy and started to bring our entire government to the high court for treason. GOONS had helped him write the entire case, to my knowledge, in order to garner another ally and the only way GOONS would sign an MDP is if the various members of the government where gone, likewise they believed a new government in power would be the only way a MDP would be signed by GATO.. GATO at the time was sanctioned of course, so one more ally for the UJW would have been nice for em.

The case went into mistrial, Gonzo left the alliance, recruited inside GATO first, formed his own alliance (OFS - Order of Feudalistic Security IIRC). Based around him being King and creating an ideology around a fake god "Chytog", his power was derived from Chytog in the ideology, as with the rest of the Monarchy. (Needless to say it was the first theocratic monarchy in CN). OFS became a protectorate of GOONS, Gonzo did stuffs and stuffs went down. UJW happened OFS was crushed and King Gonzo left.

Nahe he was the GATO member that was very GOONesque (and our Minister of Defense), he was normal for a bit, then went crazy and started to bring our entire government to the high court for treason. GOONS had helped him write the entire case, to my knowledge, in order to garner another ally and the only way GOONS would sign an MDP is if the various members of the government where gone, likewise they believed a new government in power would be the only way a MDP would be signed by GATO.. GATO at the time was sanctioned of course, so one more ally for the UJW would have been nice for em.

The case went into mistrial, Gonzo left the alliance, recruited inside GATO first, formed his own alliance (OFS - Order of Feudalistic Security IIRC). Based around him being King and creating an ideology around a fake god "Chytog", his power was derived from Chytog in the ideology, as with the rest of the Monarchy. (Needless to say it was the first theocratic monarchy in CN). OFS became a protectorate of GOONS, Gonzo did stuffs and stuffs went down. UJW happened OFS was crushed and King Gonzo left.

yar, i remember the public (i.e. OWF) portion of that trial.

The only CN thread that almost pushed me into tears. I was away on a hockey national at the time, and even though I knew the thread was coming when I left, when I got back and read the topic it made me one sad fellow.

I only know Machiabelly, Bob Sandwich, you.

Imperator sounds familiar, don't know from where

never heard of strungout or thomas20

Thomas20 disbanded at least 9000 alliances so far... As a matter of fact he defeated the ThunderCox as a one man army ;)

Who remembers that idiot legion using his disceased friend's nation and then getting hit during GWII?

I do.

And I remember it was mpol who posted the screen shot that showed he was purposely doing it, and telling him to suck a shot gun.

Hail those who still remember well the Elder Days and their veterancy among us.

My first account on here was rather unpopular so I'm not going to mention who it was. But I joined the game right after GW2, and participated in GWIII on the side of the Initiative, something I now regret.

It must have been very exciting times back in the old days with GWI and all. 1 year in real life doesn't seem like too much but it feels like an age in CN. It's is amazing how alliances, cultures, and communities that have been built for years can come crashing down in a matter of days. Such is the nature of CN.

EDIT:

And does anybody else remember Sheband, DRUNKENKING, and benjamin1776? It wasn't the people themselves who amused me, rather the respones by the community towards their posts :lol:

Edited by Eomer the Young

Hail those who still remember well the Elder Days and their veterancy among us.

My first account on here was rather unpopular so I'm not going to mention who it was. But I joined the game right after GW2, and participated in GWIII on the side of the Initiative, something I now regret.

It must have been very exciting times back in the old days with GWI and all. 1 year in real life doesn't seem like too much but it feels like an age in CN. It's is amazing how alliances, cultures, and communities that have been built for years can come crashing down in a matter of days. Such is the nature of CN.

EDIT:

And does anybody else remember Sheband, DRUNKENKING, and benjamin1776? It wasn't the people themselves who amused me, rather the respones by the community towards their posts :lol:

i do believe it was Shebang. and i remember all three. who remembers Master and Kommander and warbud?