1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

Ruben was the ultimate Coven spy, remember? :P

I'm about 40 days shy of 1000 days myself.

Still hanging on... barely.

I love you aleks

Can anyone tell me about the Coven? What exactly were they?

Spy ring. They had a guy in NPO, Legion, and a few other alliances.

NpO has the Coven announcement somewhere on their news archives.

/me pokes a NpO member

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kang, who had two multis, and passed it off so well for so long that Kaiser Martens "married" his "sister" on CN.

Well, from what I recall, Kaiser Martens knew that it wasn't actually a female but one of Kang's multis. He basically found out and then decided to make a practical joke out of it.

I love you aleks

Spy ring. They had a guy in NPO, Legion, and a few other alliances.

NpO has the Coven announcement somewhere on their news archives.

/me pokes a NpO member

Is this what you are talking about?

Let's cut down to the chase: just what the hell happened?

The Coven of the LOST (the "Lost" part comes from us being fans of ABC's TV series Lost) is an organization that was founded with the purpose of being Cybernations Illuminati: we knew most of what was going on, and we manipulated events to our will. That last part didn't work out really well so we settled on being "active historians", mere chronicles but with certain power within the game.

How did we do this? We each joined the different major alliances and slowly but surely rose through the ranks. I made it to the NPO Alliance Council, Yoda made it as GATO Assembly Chairman, EvilCartyen made it to Director of Intelligence of the Legion. Tezcatlipoca was rising in the NAAC when the Second Polar War exploded and the NAAC was basically destroyed.

Did we cause all the drama and woe that has hit Cybernations for so many months? Of course not. Our powers were limited. What did happen was that Coven members were indirectly involved in some of CN's most important events, such as Tezcatlipoca being caught by the NPO as a spy for the NAAC (in reality he was spying for his own ideological reasons using the Coven's intel; believe me, we were not happy with that when we found out). Now the NPO is trying to pin this world war on us, when the events that catapulted were outside of our control. We were forced to go with the flow, which is why Yoda had no option but to honor the MDP because Tygaland just has no sense of restraint nor tactics. The last thing the Coven wanted was for GATO to enter the war against the NPO and having our members battling each other, but alas, that turned out to be impossible.

And this last statement is completely OOC: did we enjoy this war? Of course we did? Who hasn't? Yes, what Yaridovich did was horrible, and LUE isn't exactly a bunch of franciscan frairs, but what happened was something outside the game and should have been dealt with outside the game. If you were going to use the game's tools to right Yari's wrong, the least you can do is plan with common sense and not with raging emotions of hatred. Dilber, Moo, Rysonia: I can understand the pain that thread caused on you on a personal level, but ultimately that doesn't excuse you from dragging everyone else into this conflict. I consider all of you my friends still, and I still feel an NPO at heart. I was going to stay in this war till the bitter end, even if that meant the destruction of the NPO and Nosedondekistan. If I am attacked by the Order I will not fight back.

Something else, all this nonsense about me using intelligence to destroy the NPO is precisely that: nonsense. If anything, many times I tried to push the intel to work for the NPO (most of the time it didn't happen). Who do you think asked EvilCartyen to send the NPO the proof that bros was spying on the Order? Where did you think that intel came from? Does that mean we wanted the CoaLUEtion and the NPO both destroyed? No, that path has been carved by the alliances and the alliances only. Did we enjoy the fighting that ensued? Well hell, Cybernations needed something like this to wake up. Neither side can deny that fact.

Signed,

Nosey, former NPO Alliance Council member

EvilCartyen, former Legion Director of Intelligence

Yoda, former GATO Assembly Chairman

Anyone remember Grenval? He was a hell of a troll, it's a shame he got banned because he was pretty much always good for a laugh.

GARO ftw

Is this what you are talking about?

Yes, I believe that is their coming out party.

bros loves you.