This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still very delighted that you are obsessed by ODN, but please don't take words out of the context:
Some WTF guy said he'll attack Overlord Shinnra and Peacheslll and i told him that if he would do that 1000 nations are expecting him.

Now let me explain what this means for the people with an IQ lower than 50 (check for yourselves what this means): it means that in the event of a direct atack on an ODN member, we will probably call our MD and oD parteners in.

Your post on our forums:

Friar, you want to attack my 2 brothers who came here in peace. Do you even realize what you are saying? let me tell you, if ODN decides to go in, we go in with about 1000 nations. you realize we have a ton of allies? You think we are alone here? 9 years says a lot for us.

The fact ODN was willing to "come in" on DBDCs behalf was already previously established at this point that you made that reply. Which provoked our member, Friar, to reply the way he did when he said he would attack Shinnra and Peaches for their threats. Your reply on our forums quoted above, certainly does not suggest to anyone that your IQ is above 49... nor that the 1000 nations would rain fire and blood upon WTF because a single WTF member, Friar, attacked two of your members.

Not even a good try really. Sometimes I think English isn't your primary language, which would explain a lot, but something you should warn others about before you post. Maybe put it in your signature?

Edited by Asa Phillips

So the problem is not that he thinks these things, just that he cannot keep his mouth shut?

I'm not going to publicly criticize one of my dearest friends in the Network. We all have thoughts that are better off not spoken. Buco has a large heart and would do anything for a friend. He just sometimes lets his passion for his friends get the better of him. OS and WTF got into a shoving match and Bucovina defended his friend. His heart was in the right place, he just handled the situation poorly.

I'm not going to publicly criticize one of my dearest friends in the Network. We all have thoughts that are better off not spoken. Buco has a large heart and would do anything for a friend. He just sometimes lets his passion for his friends get the better of him. OS and WTF got into a shoving match and Bucovina defended his friend. His heart was in the right place, he just handled the situation poorly.

I won't fault the man for defending his pals. I'm sure Bucovina is a great guy. I figured English wasn't his first language...given the fact he knows Bucovina exists :P we might have a lot in common. Back to the game, guys, it really is very plainly obvious that ODN made some veiled and some not so veiled threats to WTF, unprovoked might I add, just like this war. You came to them. can you honestly fault them for reacting the way they have? Try to see it from their perspective. All of this really shines poorly on ODN, and that's a bummer because some of us know better. Either put your money where your mouth is and make good on the threats and help your pals In DBDC on their aggressive war gone bad, or level with WTF and retract your words, and let the show move on to the next stop. ;)

I won't fault the man for defending his pals. I'm sure Bucovina is a great guy. I figured English wasn't his first language...given the fact he knows Bucovina exists :P we might have a lot in common. Back to the game, guys, it really is very plainly obvious that ODN made some veiled and some not so veiled threats to WTF, unprovoked might I add, just like this war. You came to them. can you honestly fault them for reacting the way they have? Try to see it from their perspective. All of this really shines poorly on ODN, and that's a bummer because some of us know better. Either put your money where your mouth is and make good on the threats and help your pals In DBDC on their aggressive war gone bad, or level with WTF and retract your words, and let the show move on to the next stop. ;)

They weren't unprovoked though. A DBDC guy went to the ODN AA and WTF continued attacks I believe.

Minor but the distinction could matter to some.

I do agree with the gist of your post though.

They weren't unprovoked though. A DBDC guy went to the ODN AA and WTF continued attacks I believe.

Letting someone who's raiding WTF on one's AA does seem provocative, but not in the way I think you're getting at.

I'm surprised both of you missed that - Noob is NOT ODN. Membership still pending. Does not seem to have ever been accepted to ODN in game (I dont have an ODN forum account to check there but I assume his mask has not changed there either.) So he's not an ODN member, he's a ghost or at most an applicant. If ODN had really been ready to roll tanks to defend him you would expect his application to be approved - that and the notable failure of any 1000 nation assault to materialise would seem to indicate they really expected their 'diplomacy' to be effective here.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Basically this:

"OS and WTF got into a shoving match and Bucovina defended his friend."

I remained silent both here and on the WTF forums until i saw my friends being mocked. 

Now continue with Schatt obsesion.

All your presumtions about ODN attacking WTF, about ODN being lapdogs, and everything you said are wrong.

1) If we wanted to attack WTF we would have done it.

2) If we would be DBDC lapdogs, noob cake would have already be accepted in the network.

Ok, no continue to mock ODN and speculate. 

1) If we wanted to attack WTF we would have done it.

2) If we would be DBDC lapdogs, noob cake would have already be accepted in the network.

Regarding 1. You know that's BS, because you'd be much less likely to get your friends involved. And doing so? You would find yourselves as the new DBDC for WTF, with only a few of your nations being able to get out of range for the long term, and the democratic rest finding your choice to lead them to attack us? to be sometime they don't appreciate. You know what it would do to your membership strictly for attacking an alliance that was already hit unprovoked that you dog-piled on... then to have your membership in a war much much longer than ever imagined on top of it? Eeeeesh!

Regarding 2. Does that not break your very charter?

Edited by Asa Phillips

Since I noticed Swash Plates and Tail Rotors being mentioned here a few times already, I would like to comment on a two issues relating to our alliance.

On the debate regarding Christian Trojans' status as the nuclear rogue: Christian Trojans attacked three members of SPATR (Untouchable, Fasser and Horizon) who were at the time of the attack under the full protection of SPATR. Christian Trojans subsequntly deployed nuclear weapons against one of the attacked nations and against one of our member who countered  (Zxcsd). Such behaviour is commonly refered to as nuclear rougery.
Christian Trojans' attacks were countered by me, Zxcsd and later on by Untouchable. Overall, we have fought against him for about three weeks. Since SPATR is defensive alliance and we don't support dragging out wars for too long, we have decided to end the fight with CT. (Of course this doesn't change his situation that much, as there are other parties intending on attacking his nation for much more time).

This dosen't mean that SPATR response to attacks on our alliance is always going to be attacking aggressor for three weeks. It might be more or less, depending on the circumstances.

On the Noob Cake issue: Noob Cacke acceptance into SPATR AA was vetoed by one of the Security Council members, to which Security Council members are entitled based on the Rule of Unanimity. The veto was not absolute, but conditional. The condition for Noob Cake to be further considered as possible member was that the state of peace should exist between Noob Cacke and World Task Force. Additionaly, our Leader Sgt Gus conducted some diplomatic talks with WTF regarding Noob Cake. Talks ended without any resolution regarding this issue. (BTW, the talks were conducted using private venues, so I don't expect "This Week in Helicopter" to appear any time soon). Ultimately, Noob Cacke switched to other AA. In any case, gaining new members is not one of the goals of Swash Plates and Tail Rotors.

Edited by murtibing

Wes! :o  I haven't heard that term in a very, very, very long time. ;) 

Most of these are from another generation with different values.

I doubt that many will understand. Totally different realities.   <_< 

Since I noticed Swash Plates and Tail Rotors being mentioned here a few times already, I would like to comment on a two issues relating to our alliance.

On the debate regarding Christian Trojans' status as the nuclear rogue: Christian Trojans attacked three members of SPATR (Untouchable, Fasser and Horizon) who were at the time of the attack under the full protection of SPATR. Christian Trojans subsequntly deployed nuclear weapons against one of the attacked nations and against one of our member who countered  (Zxcsd). Such behaviour is commonly refered to as nuclear rougery.
Christian Trojans' attacks were countered by me, Zxcsd and later on by Untouchable. Overall, we have fought against him for about three weeks. Since SPATR is defensive alliance and we don't support dragging out wars for too long, we have decided to end the fight with CT. (Of course this doesn't change his situation that much, as there are other parties intending on attacking his nation for much more time).
This dosen't mean that SPATR response to attacks on our alliance is always going to be attacking aggressor for three weeks. It might be more or less, depending on the circumstances.

On the Noob Cake issue: Noob Cacke acceptance into SPATR AA was vetoed by one of the Security Council members, to which Security Council members are entitled based on the Rule of Unanimity. The veto was not absolute, but conditional. The condition for Noob Cake to be further considered as possible member was that the state of peace should exist between Noob Cacke and World Task Force. Additionaly, our Leader Sgt Gus conducted some diplomatic talks with WTF regarding Noob Cake. Talks ended without any resolution regarding this issue. (BTW, the talks were conducted using private venues, so I don't expect "This Week in Helicopter" to appear any time soon). Ultimately, Noob Cacke switched to other AA. In any case, gaining new members is not one of the goals of Swash Plates and Tail Rotors.

TL;DR: Y u so dum, 2 dum to use private chan, O Din?

Seriously though, well said SP&TR. Between you guys and walsh I'm not sure why you'd let someone without an ounce of diplomatic tact speak for your ally. (Before dbdc gets their panties in a bunch, I mean me not Cuba/Bones/Gator :P ) Edited by Unknown Smurf

Regarding 1. You know that's BS, because you'd be much less likely to get your friends involved. And doing so? You would find yourselves as the new DBDC for WTF, with only a few of your nations being able to get out of range for the long term, and the democratic rest finding your choice to lead them to attack us? to be sometime they don't appreciate. You know what it would do to your membership strictly for attacking an alliance that was already hit unprovoked that you dog-piled on... then to have your membership in a war much much longer than ever imagined on top of it? Eeeeesh!

Regarding 2. Does that not break your very charter?

As it currently stands yes, but we could easily change laws for it.

So you were responding to me right? About easily changing your alliances charter in favor of accepting a nations already at war?

I'm surprised your friends haven't muzzled you yet. First you lie, then you want to change the foundation your alliance is constructed on to meet your personal desire not to look like a liar.

I take it the issue between CT and SPATR is resolved?

Edited by conistonslim

TL;DR: Y u so dum, 2 dum to use private chan, O Din?

Seriously though, well said SP&TR. Between you guys and walsh I'm not sure why you'd let someone without an ounce of diplomatic tact speak for your ally. (Before dbdc gets their panties in a bunch, I mean me not Cuba/Bones/Gator :P )

Awwww. I got mentioned.

I feel................... I feel................ Not special at all.

I take it the issue between CT and SPATR is resolved?

Yes, this is correct. SPATR decided that our response to Christian Trojans' attacks was sufficient given the circumstances. As the result, SPATR is not going to attack CT anymore (barring any further hostilty by CT against SPATR).

I'm surprised both of you missed that - Noob is NOT ODN. Membership still pending. Does not seem to have ever been accepted to ODN in game (I dont have an ODN forum account to check there but I assume his mask has not changed there either.) So he's not an ODN member, he's a ghost or at most an applicant. If ODN had really been ready to roll tanks to defend him you would expect his application to be approved - that and the notable failure of any 1000 nation assault to materialise would seem to indicate they really expected their 'diplomacy' to be effective here.

Oh I noticed. But ghosts can be kicked off the AA now, right?  I guess the point is that either his (pending) status on ODN's AA is meaningless until he's actually accepted - in which case the continued declarations aren't provocative at all. Or his continued allowance on the AA as a pending member implies that ODN would like to accept someone who acts like this and is willing to go to bat to get him peace - which is provocative to WTF. But there's really no sense here in which WTF was the instigator with ODN.

Awwww. I got mentioned.

I feel................... I feel................ Not special at all.

Really? You and Cuba posting my name in forums and threads I don't even visit makes me feel all tingly inside.

Oh I noticed. But ghosts can be kicked off the AA now, right?  I guess the point is that either his (pending) status on ODN's AA is meaningless until he's actually accepted - in which case the continued declarations aren't provocative at all. Or his continued allowance on the AA as a pending member implies that ODN would like to accept someone who acts like this and is willing to go to bat to get him peace - which is provocative to WTF. But there's really no sense here in which WTF was the instigator with ODN.

Pending means pending -- it doesn't mean they accepted him, just that they haven't decided to deny it yet.

Both sides have said he's free to join ODN if he works out peace to terms WTF agrees with. So until he does that he'd pending.

So you were responding to me right? About easily changing your alliances charter in favor of accepting a nations already at war?

I'm surprised your friends haven't muzzled you yet. First you lie, then you want to change the foundation your alliance is constructed on to meet your personal desire not to look like a liar.

pretty much sums it all up beautifully.