IRON sets a new record.

Elendil

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we argue about last years war last year? I mean, I'm going to assume that this same exact discussion has already taken place at least once before...

I don't normally call people out on stuff like this, but I mean, I could be talked into rolling Legion or ODN for their spectacular failures in GW2/3, to pretend like grudges don't matter is removing 99% of the whole way wars have worked in our world going back... forever.

I don't normally call people out on stuff like this, but I mean, I could be talked into rolling Legion or ODN for their spectacular failures in GW2/3, to pretend like grudges don't matter is removing 99% of the whole way wars have worked in our world going back... forever.

No doubt. I've just been failing at keeping this thread on topic. But fuck it. Please TOP, please continue the whining and generally confused posting. We're all bored and waiting for something to happen anyway.

I just love how IRON blames other alliances for the actions IRON undertook and positions IRON placed their own allies in. Next we will be hearing how TOP forced IRON to be included in the war planning discussions against IRON's own allies months before the war actually broke out.

Oh wait...

Edit: Also amazed IRON somehow hasn't blamed TOP for the Coalition of Cowards either. 

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

I just love how IRON blames other alliances for the actions IRON undertook and positions IRON placed their own allies in. Next we will be hearing how TOP forced IRON to be included in the war planning discussions against IRON's own allies months before the war actually broke out.

Oh wait...

Edit: Also amazed IRON somehow hasn't blamed TOP for the Coalition of Cowards either. 

I love how we have an ape in lipstick trying to talk like hes people. You can keep whatever you're smoking. :rolleyes:

Oh wait...

Ok look, everyone has pretty much agreed no one is an angel. Everyone has their demons, so any moral objection to IRON cannot be waged without appearing hypocritical. This means your motives are political. I honestly have no problem with that, use whatever arguments you must in order to succeed. Except, there is one thing, you're not succeeding.

You and the rest of IRON's biggest critics had MONTHS to put yourselves in a position to act on your agendas and you tried. Following Disorder, you and your partners went on a tour of CN trying to rally the necessary support, preaching the same lines as quoted above along with a treasure trove of supposed reasons IRON should be rolled. You pulled every excuse out of the book even going as far as to drag examples so archaic that half of the people who actually took part in it aren't even around anymore.

All of that work, all of that effort and what is the payoff?

Instead of convincing their allies to cancel, IRON retained those allies and even found a number of relevant new ones. Instead of isolating IRON, they are in an even stronger position than they were previously, instead of succeeding in your endevour you failed. Maybe your failure is because IRON is better than you, maybe its because you didn't try hard enough, or maybe the alternative was so god awefully bad instead of convincing IRON's allies to cancel, you've been levied with a number of cancellations yourselves.

Now we sit with the potential deciding conflict of the year on the precipitous and you guys are STILL toting the line? Thats either some praise worthy dedication or cringe worthy desperation.

Tbh, I'm fine with sitting back and watching the same arguments over and over again, because they haven't worked and if the recent trends are any indication, you guys will eventually end up rolling yourselves.

Ok look, everyone has pretty much agreed no one is an angel. Everyone has their demons, so any moral objection to IRON cannot be waged without appearing hypocritical. This means your motives are political. I honestly have no problem with that, use whatever arguments you must in order to succeed. Except, there is one thing, you're not succeeding.

You and the rest of IRON's biggest critics had MONTHS to put yourselves in a position to act on your agendas and you tried. Following Disorder, you and your partners went on a tour of CN trying to rally the necessary support, preaching the same lines as quoted above along with a treasure trove of supposed reasons IRON should be rolled. You pulled every excuse out of the book even going as far as to drag examples so archaic that half of the people who actually took part in it aren't even around anymore.

Instead of convincing their allies to cancel, IRON retained those allies and even found a number of relevant new ones. Instead of isolating IRON, they are in an even stronger position than they were previously, instead of succeeding in your endevour you failed. Maybe your failure is because IRON is better than you, maybe its because you didn't try hard enough, or maybe the alternative was so god awefully bad instead of convincing IRON's allies to cancel, you've been levied with a number of cancellations yourselves.

Now we sit with the potential deciding conflict of the year on the precipitous and you guys are STILL toting the line? Thats either some praise worthy dedication or cringe worthy desperation.

Tbh, I'm fine with sitting back and watching the same arguments over and over again, because they haven't worked and if the recent trends are any indication, you guys will eventually end up rolling yourselves.

Tbh, can't really blame our side for faeces sticking together out of desperation. Certain AAs were desperate for pixel security and stuck with AAs that betrayed them, can't really apply logic to desperate acts and measures.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Yes yes everyone pissed on their allies at some point to save their own asses. Oh wait no not everyone has. Move along. 

Yes yes everyone pissed on their allies at some point to save their own asses. Oh wait no not everyone has. Move along. 

The only name that comes to mind is STA. Is it really that bad?

So, IRON is bad because they didn't fight TOP in the last war when you had the advantage? Or because, once they realized how badly they screwed up, they considered defending their friends? 

Btw, who needs war threads when stat announcements can be so much fun.

Glad that IRON came to their senses and wanted to defend the crappiest ally they have

I'm not Auctor... awkward 

^Doesnt get it. :P

Glad that IRON came to their senses and wanted to defend the crappiest ally they have

Maybe last war should have just been all about IRON vs TOP instead of Polar vs NSO.

Of course, then we'd probably have a similar argument between the other less relevant nations in the war..... But W/E. At least we could have maybe called it something better than "Disorder."

(BTW, I still like OoO better).

Edited by Fox Fire

There was once a time we worked and burned together... and bloodied as many noses as possible in the process. Who knows what the future brings. Congrats guys on your achievement.

Thank you

I can't say for sure what TOP gov did, but we as an alliance talked about IRON's treachery, and we talked about how we absolutely would not push a roll IRON agenda.  Maybe they did and didn't tell us.  Or more likely, IRON is either being paranoid or referring to actions other then that of TOP.  Your alliance's behavior in the last war did make a lot of enemies, but IRON does seem to have done a remarkable job of losing that target on their back.

That is a credit to your FA team or the short memories of other alliances.

Anyway, you've got the biggest, strongest alliance in the game, and now is as good a time as any to use that strength to achieve your goals, whatever those might be.

For the entire exent of my time in TOP (about a week before NPO peaced out) we have actively been trying to ease tensions with IRON which was met in turn with either a cold shoulder, middle finger, or a "we will consider it" and yet it's TOP that is gunning for IRON. Makes sense