IRON sets a new record.

Elendil

So, IRON is bad because they didn't fight TOP in the last war when you had the advantage? Or because, once they realized how badly they screwed up, they considered defending their friends? 

Btw, who needs war threads when stat announcements can be so much fun.

They probably couldnt find 5 alliances to declare on TOP first to get the chain going. 

Edited by ditchboy00

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight being 20/20, IRON wasn't at its brightest before or during last war. That said, they seem to have gone through a lot of effort to fix that.

Given that they potentially broke ranks to help you I can understand why you're defending them.

Is this seriously a point?

"They were going to help you but they actually did not", if the situation was like that I would be in a range from "pissed at IRON" to "quietly sharpening knives". Why would NATO feel the need to defend them in this debate? No alliance in the Usual Suspects currently holds a military tie to IRON, just sayin'. Additionally, no alliance in US put much hope in IRON supporting our war effort back then, you can believe me on that. Edited by Garion

That is precisely what is being discussed.

Given that they potentially broke ranks to help you I can understand why you're defending them. Regardless that they didn't hit us has less to do with the character of the alliance and more to do with the fact that by the time they were prepared to pull the trigger we had already organized to counter them. Whether you think it was justified is immaterial to the fact that it was enormously stupid and indicative of how inconsistent and neurotic IRON can be.

Quite a spin here.  You're talking about 'turn on the coalition'..okay..it was TOP going around saying they could not wait to see us rolled well into the time period when we were on the same (!@#$)coalition . Secondly, there was nothing incosistent about our actions, we were very transparent and open about what we plan to do if NATO and TIO are escalated upon. At the point of the escalation, it was a low intensity conflict, TIO was basically doing little fighting and NATO was taking it slow, it was very much manageable, resources were already pulled and scaled back prior to the push by TOP and some others to escalate the front to (1) Screw IRON further, understandable, we gave you the oppurtunity, you took it and (ii) more so that it was unacceptable to few people that RnR would be allowed to go unharmed.

So, before Disorder, TOP tried to put the 'nail in the coffin' then they could'nt contain their eagerness to see us rolled at the start of Disorder, meanwhile they come here and preach that IRON was turning on people in it's own coalition..lol?. Then during disorder, they and a few others did the whole TIO/NATO push to screw us and RnR, atleas the few others have come and said it was what it was at the time and not put a spin on it like TOP. TOP said they only tried to build coalition post facto, but cmon,  you had all of those guys already lined up prior in days where people were complaining that alot of people are sitting idle.

TOP et al again tried to roll IRON post disorder, once the treaties did'nt drop and necessary support was'nt gained , TOP comes beaming with smile and tell us they've been trying to ease relations when we repeatedly keep hearing that it's all a big facade, we werent really sure, perhaps it was genuine, but here in this thread, that facade is over.

For the past year and half, TOP has repeatedly tried to create and gain oppurtunities to roll IRON, that's understandable, given how you were rolled real bad in EQ, due to your own actions. You could be frank and I think people would appreciate your candidness if you just plain out say you absolutely loathe us due to EQ instead of trying to build a wall of lies. Dont come here and say that you've been just trying to get along with us, no one here was born yesterday, TOP's renowned for it's realpolitiks, a badge you wear proudly, it also comes associated with deciet, spin and lies that you're weaving here and have proudly built quite a reputation for, over the years.

Garion, 20/20, you're right, we openly say we screwed up on so many levels in that war and grateful that some people have supported us and listened to us and allowed us and continue to allow us to fix those mistakes and walk on a shared path, and hope we continue to strive to fix and salvage the previous concerns, we owe to our freinds, we owe some what to bystanders who showed no interest in rolling us. We are grateful some people and us got to bury the hatchet and revealed of the deliberate plans to screw IRON in disorder.

IAT, why do you even attempt to put a spin, we know we screwed up in Disorder, chill.

With the Sitzkrieg II in (?)progress, I hope to entertain and thank IAT for the show.

Edited by shahenshah

So of course you're aware then that the IRON council passed a vote to attack TOP while IRON and TOP were in the same war coalition.

Not sure how you could be aware of what happened in IRON council, but we are all aware of how TOP govt member wanted IRON dead while IRON and TOP were in the same coalition, public facts vs he-said, she-said.

Edited by shahenshah

Its funny how people who mock SNX praise IRON

Has anyone else noticed SNX mocking has been kind-of sliding since Tywin left. You're lucky to be in Polar which has quite a repute not to be tarnished by your posts, SNX was a new book, and you were doing the writing.

Has anyone else noticed SNX mocking has been kind-of sliding since Tywin left. You're lucky to be in Polar which has quite a repute not to be tarnished by your posts, SNX was a new book, and you were doing the writing.

That logic is bad because I could spin it right around and say DBDC never raided SNX until after I left. It also ignore the fact tht plenty of people who openly called SNX cowardly, fat, war-dodging etc now praise IRON for reaching 20 mill empty NS.

That logic is bad because I could spin it right around and say DBDC never raided SNX until after I left. It also ignore the fact tht plenty of people who openly called SNX cowardly, fat, war-dodging etc now praise IRON for reaching 20 mill empty NS.

Why do you say it is empty NS? What is your measurement of empty NS?

Not sure how you could be aware of what happened in IRON council, but we are all aware of how TOP govt member wanted IRON dead while IRON and TOP were in the same coalition, public facts vs he-said, she-said.

I suppose you don't see a connection between our gov member "wanting you dead" and our gov member finding out that IRON were about to attack us mid war?

If you found out someone was about to attack IRON, you would probably talk to your allies/coalition about organising a counter attack.

How are SNX war dodging, they haven't been around for long enough, they're also made up of a bunch of alliances who fought in most wars going

As for people making fun of SNX, shah is completely right, most of that was because of you.

They were a "new alliance" and their spokesperson was one of the least liked people in CN who decided not to tone down their being a complete idiot, but to carry on and take it to another level.

Hopefully NpO will never be in a situation where you're the only person online to make an announcement, so you wont be seen as representing them, ever. Polar have many people with great reputations who can represent their alliance. You are not one of them.

Edited by andyt2k

How are SNX war dodging, they haven't been around for long enough, they're also made up of a bunch of alliances who fought in most wars going

As for people making fun of SNX, shah is completely right, most of that was because of you.

They were a "new alliance" and their spokesperson was one of the least liked people in CN who decided not to tone down their being a complete idiot, but to carry on and take it to another level.

Hopefully NpO will never be in a situation where you're the only person online to make an announcement, so you wont be seen as representing them, ever. Polar have many people with great reputations who can represent their alliance. You are not one of them.

Are you still mad at me over the last war? Dont fight on the wrong side then.

Are you still mad at me over the last war? Dont fight on the wrong side then.

A) I fought on the right side

B) I've never thought about you in relation to a war

C) If you think that's the only reason I could think you're an idiot, then you REALLY need to pay more attention to the world around you

I remember writing about who was right last war and most of the responses were something like "$%&@ you tywin."

Probably had nothing to do with what you did last war, but mostly results of your constant posting of mind-blowing crap. 

You literally hurt PR of any alliance your part of, doesn't matter which or on who's side. 

Edited by alyster

A tl;dr for people of this thread

TOP - IRON Sucks because of these random comments

IRON - We don't suck, you suck because of the actual facts

TOP - Oh those facts don't count because we've changed the rules on the criteria for sucking, so that we don't suck as much. So you suck going back 4 years, well no actually it's around 2, but also ignore the war we didn't fight in because that screws with our stats, but include the one you didn't fight in because YOU DIDN'T FIGHT, also ignore percentages because we're set up differently, apart from the percentages that help us. Also ignore us being peace mode warriors, not because it isn't true, but because we don't want to talk about it. So yeah, if you stand on your head, and close one eye and squint the other and it's when the sun is halfway down, a tree can kinda look like a pencil, so trees = pencils, coz some sort of logic

Everyone else - Lol TOP

The thread has been won. 

Move along, nothing else to see here.

Well played, sir. Edited by Finster Baby

Not terribly interested in the IRON-TOP thing, so I'm probably glad I stopped reading at the end of Page One.

It's pretty neat what you can achieve when avoiding the occasional damaging wars and drifting from one camp to the next to delay the inevitable.

This, however, is something I can agree with. Having belonged to two alliances IRON merely pretended to be friends with, I'm not surprised they've risen to such 'heights'.