IRON sets a new record.

Elendil

I still find it funny how all this time TOP have been approaching us for ODP's, trying to setup joint .gov channels, sending diplomats to our forums etc and now they see war is approaching and all their efforts were in vain and ineffective they result to the trolling.

Gotta love em

Or how they take a shot at you for avoiding damage while two of their MD allies are getting bent over while they do nothing.....again?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it funny how all this time TOP have been approaching us for ODP's, trying to setup joint .gov channels, sending diplomats to our forums etc and now they see war is approaching and all their efforts were in vain and ineffective they result to the trolling.

Gotta love em

But of course they were in vain.

Or how they take a shot at you for avoiding damage while two of their MD allies are getting bent over while they do nothing.....again?

Come on Berbers, you are better than this.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Gotta love em

I mean I'm not sure what your point is here. If you're suggesting that deep down TOP always had a lurking ill will for IRON and their overtures for detente were disingenuous then I'd say you were incorrect. 

It was IRON that tried to split and place at a steep disadvantage the DH/TOP coalition in the dave war by inciting a war with CnG. It was IRON that tried to get Brehon/NPO to hit MK in the middle of that war as well. This while you were our oldest ally.

It was IRON that pushed for an aggressive war against DH and placed TOP in the position of choosing between DR and DH then cancelled when TOP wouldn't sell out MK. It was IRON that aggressively proselytized and destabilized their own ally's bloc. It was TOP that lost half their tech in EQ for defending their ally and it was TOP that lost PF and IRON as support.

It was IRON that was invited into the coalition of the last war, partook in planning that war and took a softball front where they allowed 90% of the alliance they were fighting to hit peace mode. It was IRON who planned and almost executed a mid war side switch and a pre-empt on TOP.

After all three instances it was TOP that pursued an easing of tensions, Gov channels, naps, and odps. It was TOP that let the above go- it was IRON that didn't. It was IRON that told us that a nap would 'limit their options'. If there is a problem between our alliances, it is the intractability of IRON and your own apparent hostility and distaste for us. It has little to do with TOP or its history with your alliance because frankly there isn't an offense against you TOP hasn't already paid for in spades. It's IRON and their either irrational paranoia, diplomatic calculations, or simple prejudice that stands in the way of a functional relationship between us.

If you're saying that TOP is to blame for IRON not liking her then you're wrong. If you're saying IRON is not to blame for dislike held for her now- then again you're mistaken. You can hold us up as the scum lord alliance of alliances, but in truth it was your own alliance that led the mass cancellation of NPO in the lead up to karma, you turned a simple cancellation/reposition with NPO into a public Crucifixion, and you were the ones who chose to screw your ally (NonGrata) in the last war. When it comes to spiteful and untrustworthy you should be our standard, and its a testament to the self deceit or self interest of everyone in this game that you have a single treaty to your name.

Anyway this thread isn't about our history, its about your milestone so congratulations you have 2 million tech. Edited by iamthey

I mean I'm not sure what your point is here. If you're suggesting is that deep down TOP always had a lurking ill will for IRON and their overtures for detente were disingenuous then I'd say you were incorrect. 

It was IRON that tried to split and place at a steep disadvantage the DH/TOP coalition in the dave war by inciting a war with CnG. It was IRON that tried to get Brehon/NPO to hit MK in the middle of that war as well. This while you were our oldest ally.

It was IRON that pushed for an aggressive war against DH and placed TOP in the position of choosing between DR and DH then cancelled when TOP wouldn't sell out MK. It was IRON that aggressively proselytized and destabilized their own ally's bloc. It was TOP that lost half their tech in EQ for defending their ally and it was TOP that lost PF and IRON as support.

It was IRON that was invited into the coalition of the last war, partook in planning that war and took a softball front where they allowed 90% of the alliance they were fighting to hit peace mode. It was IRON who planned and almost executed a mid war side switch and a pre-empt on TOP.

After all three instances it was TOP that pursued an easing of tensions, Gov channels, naps, and odps. It was TOP that let the above go- it was IRON that didn't. It was IRON that told us that a nap would 'limit their options'. If there is a problem between our alliances, it is the intractability of IRON and your own apparent hostility and distaste for us. It has little to do with TOP or its history with your alliance because frankly there isn't an offense against you TOP hasn't already paid for in spades. It's IRON and their either irrational paranoia, diplomatic calculations, or simple prejudice that stands in the way of a functional relationship between us.

If you're saying that TOP is to blame for IRON not liking her then you're wrong. If you're saying IRON is not to blame for dislike held for her now- then again you're mistaken. You can hold us up as the scum lord alliance of alliances, but in truth it was your own alliance that led the mass cancellation of NPO in the lead up to karma, you turned a simple cancellation/reposition with NPO into a public Crucifixion, and you were the ones who chose to screw your ally (NonGrata) in the last war. When it comes to spiteful and untrustworthy you should be our standard, and its a testament to the self deceit or self interest of everyone in this game that you have a single treaty to your name.

Anyway this thread isn't about our history, its about your milestone so congratulations you have 2 million tech.

:popcorn:

It's always nice when someone is able to point to logged pieces of history in their posts

I mean I'm not sure what your point is here. If you're suggesting is that deep down TOP always had a lurking ill will for IRON and their overtures for detente were disingenuous then I'd say you were incorrect. 

Anyway this thread isn't about our history, its about your milestone so congratulations you have 2 million tech.

The last NAP/Easing of tensions or whatever you'd like to call it, was following TOP's failed attempt to get a group together to roll us following Disorder.  Don't come here acting like you guys are some innocent victims and haven't looked to make something of the "tension," or our bad PR.  

At least you get what this thread is about by your last statement....now if only you and STA could keep on topic.

The last NAP/Easing of tensions or whatever you'd like to call it, was following TOP's failed attempt to get a group together to roll us following Disorder.  Don't come here acting like you guys are some innocent victims and haven't looked to make something of the "tension," or our bad PR.  

At least you get what this thread is about by your last statement....now if only you and STA could keep on topic.

I'm aware of no such attempt to marshal a coalition to roll IRON. The only thing I can imagine you're thinking of was the one we threw together at the last minute when it came to light that you were hours away from turning on your own coalition and declaring on us. On the contrary our position after the war was to co-exist with you since our own spheres were strongly intertwined.

You mean the coalition we were forming during the war when it was leaked to us you were planning to pull a side-switch?

Um, don't we know there isn't anyone who can stand on their high chair of morality and spew criticisms without looking like a hypocrite. Given enough someone can find an action taken by an alliance that lies in the grey area of the morality scale.

Everyone's sh*t stinks, stop acting like yours doesn't.

Fully agree with this statement.  If only others would actually quit acting like they have some moral high ground.  I never said IRON was perfect or never did anything that was/could be seen in a negative light, obviously have, as has every alliance.  I just don't have the time/nor interest in going back through history picking out things negative about a certain alliance like some do. 

I'm aware of no such attempt to marshal a coalition to roll IRON. The only thing I can imagine you're thinking of was the one we threw together at the last minute when it came to light that you were hours away from turning on your own coalition and declaring on us. On the contrary our position after the war was to co-exist with you since our own spheres were strongly intertwined.

Obviously you wouldn't sit here and openly admit to it anyway, which is honestly fine with me, I wouldn't expect you'll to anyway, nor would I expect any alliance to do so.  However we've heard quite the opposite from reliable sources that would go completely against your statement, but alas there's no point in arguing this as it will go no where, and I honestly hate when people just go around in circles.  And no, I'm not talking about during the war.

Love this thread but the fact remains what i see is some bickering about who did what ... fact is right now it is devepling into a he said/said she said thread that is fine but without validity to the claims presented. Personally it is a common mode here and maybe for once the proof and evidence should be brought out to let the world make a judgement .. then if some sort or conflict is to arise then for once we may have a valid CB or world debate on the accusations being presented.

Just saying lol ..

Edited by brucemania

Love this thread but the fact remains what i see is some bickering about who did what ... fact is right now it is devepling into a he said/said she said thread that is fine but without validity to the claims presented. Personally it is a common mode here and maybe for once the proof and evidence should be brought out to let the world make a judgement .. then if some sort or conflict is to arise then for once we may have a valid CB or world debate on the accusations being presented.

Just saying lol ..

Look at the stats, that's all the proof needed to validate the original purpose of this thread. It wasn't made to argue TOP and IRON and STA's relationship or for TOP to argue how they're a victim and a moral alliance Edited by Rhizoctonia

Fully agree with this statement.  If only others would actually quit acting like they have some moral high ground.  I never said IRON was perfect or never did anything that was/could be seen in a negative light, obviously have, as has every alliance.  I just don't have the time/nor interest in going back through history picking out things negative about a certain alliance like some do.

Nothing I've said has anything to do with a claim to moral high ground nor is it cherry picking a few negative instances among a largely positive basket. The events mentioned encompass in large part the sum total of decisive decisions/trends that characterize moments of IRON actually acting and thinking for itself. Far from claiming you're some kind of immoral evil alliance, I'm simply answering samus's as well as other common IRON mischaracterizations of their relationship/interactions with TOP. That you have done or sought to do far more to harm to us than we have ever done to you, and that you're characterization of us as the duplicitous double dealer is a more fitting description of yourself.

Obviously you wouldn't sit here and openly admit to it anyway, which is honestly fine with me, I wouldn't expect you'll to anyway, nor would I expect any alliance to do so.  However we've heard quite the opposite from reliable sources that would go completely against your statement, but alas there's no point in arguing this as it will go no where, and I honestly hate when people just go around in circles.  And no, I'm not talking about during the war.

I mean you can believe what you want, I'm saying you've either been lied to or are making vague claims to obscure the well documented instances of awful already listed above. I could just as easily say that we heard you were also organizing a coalition (from very reliable sources) against us and that we organized to counter. Neither happened to the best of my knowledge but that's the sort of argument you're making. If someone from our alliance made fun of you in a private query to others, you're free to think that's a conspiracy to roll you, but regardless we played pretty straight up with you after the war. In hindsight that was probably a mistake.

Thats a lot of crying and whining from TOP. Crymson used to do it bettter. :popcorn:

I think I said the same thing to nongrata last war. lol Edited by iamthey

It was IRON that was wronged and instead of backing it's oldest treaty partner, IRON was asked to bend over. It was IRON that ensured that there would be no escalation to CnG and IRON would still take care of it's own business and maintain and continue to contribute to the coalition in a war where TOP sat around, hid half the alliance in pm and chilled. The route you're saying would lead to a war with CnG actually led to a treaty with CnG. 

It was TOP that made it quite clear it would like to see NPO dead and placed IRON in the position of choosing between NPO and TOP. Everyone could make roughly where the lines could be and there was a chance that IRON and TOP could be on opposing sides, and perhaps we could have reconvened after the war and move on, like in Karma after you dropped treaties left and right to be on the winning side...but IRON cancelled the treaty re:NPO and when TOP literally told us that IRON is just a tool for their own end, and that's just how they operate along with the grand delusions of the universe revolving solely around TOP, that too was literal.

Did you expect IRON to carry the war for you when more than half of your allies idled and half of you sat in peace mode? . We closed our front with a simple white peace and werent interested in pushing for anything else..you and some friends wanted to fight on for longer and other purposes, you carried on, your choice, we weren't obliged and certainly not obliged when people calling for action are chilling around idling by and specifically taking actions to make things harder (easing tensions lol?). Being part of that coalition was a big mistake, that I'll give you. 

Ease of tensions?  It was your govt guys caught discussing rolling us and putting a nail in that coffin, it was your govt guy who was caught saying how he cant wait to see us rolled and this was all well after EQ. Fast forward and Post/end disorder, It was you guys who went around tipping your toes on the roll-IRON plan, which didn't take off. So dont tell us about irrational paranoia.  Prejudices? Your guy came into this thread trolling us man, we didn't come to your thread for a pissing contest. We've always tried to keep a healthy caution due to some of the facts yet we've also tried to pursue cordial relations, but coming in here with the sole intention of pissing on the thread reaffirms the belief of the kind of opinion TOP holds of IRON. Purposely going in to troll is quite a unique way of 'easing tensions'. 

If you're saying that TOP is to blame for IRON not liking her then you're wrong. If you're saying IRON is not to blame for dislike held for her now- then again you're mistaken. You can hold us up as the scum lord alliance of alliances, but in truth it was your own alliance that led the mass cancellation of NPO in the lead up to karma, you turned a simple cancellation/re-position with NPO into a public Crucifixion, and you were the ones who chose to screw your ally (NonGrata) in the last war. When it comes to spiteful and untrustworthy you should be our standard, and its a testament to the self deceit or self interest of everyone in this game that you have a single treaty to your name

NG and STA and plenty of others have had good reasons to be pissed at us, but that's something that we'll manage amongst ourselves and have in many of the cases. It's quite a spin to portray TOP as an innocent bystander going about it's business and getting harmed by evil IRON on every turn and corner. We have tried to maintain cautious yet cordial relation despite TOP's repeated attempts to harm us at every opportunity it has gotten or to create such opportunities. You've tried your best to make our lives harder and that's absolutely fine bro. We screwed up last war, we tried and talked to most of the people, owned up to our mistakes, some people listened, some didnt, so on and so forth, we've given chances before and we've been given chances and that's how the world revolves and we're very grateful to those people. At least you should have the guts to own up to your antics instead of a spin. Hell, the fact you're here trolling in this very thread when we've been cordial to you in your threads in itself is quite telling. 

You have some allies who really do know how to ease tensions and get a meaningful conversation going getting past all the hubris of he-said she-said. 

tl;dr We didnt come here seeking a pissing contest with TOP, but hey, cant stop someone on an open board, you're most welcome.

Edited by shahenshah

Ouch IRON can this be refuted? Or will we hear more about lobster party nonsense?

IRON basically has stockholm syndrome from being raided by DBDC, combined with their performance last war and I think we do not have much to be concerned over.

Says the guy who applied to NG. Hope you never try to screw Polaris like you did to SNX.

Edited by shahenshah